All right before you read on, I owe my bank $6,160 on this car as of 3/5/2012. Any buyer will either have to pay my bank to release the title in your name or apply for their own financing. I will make up the difference because I dont expect this to fetch 6k. I know this can be considered a huge inconvenience but if you are looking for a relatively cheap b6 don't hesitate to contact me. I'm motivated in terms of price, I really just want to get out of debt and pass the car on to someone who can buy cheap and save by wrenching/TLC'ing this car back to good health.
03 a4 1.8t 5spd quattro sport package
black leather interior
All stock except for parrot hands free Bluetooth
Pennsylvania title owned by bank as of now.
To be as straight forward as I can, the car is in "fair" condition. It has some cosmetic damage. It runs fine now but needs a timg belt job soon. All together, here is why I priced the car at $5,000 OBO:
1. Driver side fender was hit while parked in a parking lot, 6" or so of bent metal and scratched paint around the front of the fender lip. DS Headlight fogged as a result.
2. Rear bumper was dented in a parking lot back in 2009, repaired and resprayed, then rear ended at a stop light again on 12/30/2011, causing paint to peel across an 18" portion of the rear bumper. As a result, rear bumper has become about 1/4" unseated on the passenger side fender. New bumper was suggested by body shop when I got an estimate.
3. Passenger rear fender lip was scratched in yet another parking lot accident, this will mostly buff out.
4. Timing belt has not been done yet.
5. Coolant temp sensor needs replaced. $10.00 part, easy fix.
6. Wiper resovoir hosing is clogged, another stupid easy fix.
7. Glove box lock mechanism is jammed in lock position, can open from the door jam by pushing in the tab underneath the plastic molding cover.
8. Rear panel of driver seat needs to be snapped back onto the seat itself at the bottom of the seatback, another simple fix.
9. Passenger side rear window does not stay up, motor works but the catch for the glass is broken. The fix is inexpensive and a DIY can be found here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ndow-Regulator
10. Needs wiper blades
11. Rims have scuffs & scrapes
12. Tires have 30% tread, spare has new tire.
As far as I know, that's all the major/minor issues. The good things are that the motor runs great, trans shifts perfect, clutch is fine, AC and heat are fine, all electronics work perfectly, passed smog, interior is in good shape besides 1 small tear on drivers seat.
This is really for someone who can put in a few solid weekends of work for the timing belt and cosmetic fixes. Honestly I have loved this car the entire time I have owned it and it has never let me down. I drove it cross country last year and it made it no problem. I just wish it wasnt such a ra-tard magnet when it came to parking lot accidents.
Again I owe my bank on this so no trades.
To give you a better look, here are some pics from when I first got it, Jan 2010
Questions or offers:
Car is in Napa CA