Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Official Tri-State Meet, Club, Event BLACKBALL List: Stopping Offenders

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      03-06-2012 08:51 AM #1
      As we start the 2012 season, many of us attend the available Tri-State European car meets, clubs and organized scheduled events throughout the year. Levels of organization range from last minute GTGs to full blown weekly parking lot meets. Ages range from new drivers through 60+. Cars range from beaters, Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Mini Coopers, Porsches, Volkswagens, exotic cars, antiques or domestics. No matter the car, they are an enthusiast. Organized scheduled events range from weekend warrior cruises to charity events and super events like Waterfest and H20.

The Tri-State area has some well established meets and clubs for enthusiasts to attend: Bergen, Castle GTG, Coolwater, Franklin Hooters, Garden State Euros, Hudson Valley GTG, Jetta is Betta, Linden Starbucks, Monmouth, Montclair, Mount Olive, N.E.R.D., Palisades, Parsippany / PAR GTG, Poughkeepsie, Fair Lawn / Rt. 4 IKEA GTG, Somerset, Sussex, Team A.C.E., Union, Woodbridge, and William Paterson University, and so on…

No matter the level, each and every car meet, club or event has people behind it to drive it in a positive direction. Lets break down what’s needed to establish a meet or car event from scratch: Choosing a location, obtaining proper approval from the property owners (parking lots / parks / etc.) who risk their insurance policies, notifying local towns or police departments, advertising the meet or event at that secured location, making sure each week goes smoothly without accidents, injuries or people acting unsafely with their cars, etc. Organizers put their credibility on the line to account for all attendees and their conduct. No matter what the case, there is a ton of work and endless hours that go into even the smallest of meets, clubs or events.

So to the point of this thread: Who’s tired of clown asses coming along, doing a burnout, donut, drifting, revving their engines or generally offending and risking harm to the rest of the attendees and cars at your meet, club or event? This thread has been coming for a while and was sparked by offenders captured in pictures and video from the 2011 season. After patrolling the other Tri-State European car meets and clubs listed above, I’ve also seen further complaints. True car enthusiasts do not want to attend an event with irresponsible drivers that risk damage to their cars, risk injury to attendees, or risk having the meet, club or event shut down.

Outcome of this thread: This thread is designed to make organizers and dedicated club members aware of potential offenders by finally calling out the driver and car. This information will eventually be posted across multiple European car threads. This thread will be posted in each of the Tri-State European car meets and clubs listed above to invite participation. Between local police patrol our meets or security at entrances of organized events, we have a shot at either stopping this behavior or turning participants away. Some of you may think this is “wrong” to call people out. Let me start by saying they are lucky we haven’t sent this thread to the police in the towns these events were held. We’re supposed to continue to volunteer time and resources to create an event for you when we have to babysit offenders like these? If you still disagree with what we are doing here, you obviously don’t have a vested interest or general concern for the hard work people put out to give others an event to enjoy and feel safe at.

Examples: Eurofest 2011 was immediately shut down after the offender below performed donuts on a busy Rt. 23, not once, but twice. A crowd ran out into oncoming traffic to shut down the lanes so this offender could circle back to “drift” a second time after the event organizers warned the crowd the first time. Paul Miller BMW of Wayne and the event organizers risked the safety of their attendees watching along the side of the road and people standing in the highway to block traffic.

Organizers from the Cool Water 2011 Charity event had an offender do donuts in the grass nearly wrecking into a tree.

I helped organize DubRun 2011 last year and in the videos below, you’ll see how unsafe the same offender can be in a narrow road along a mountainside. I was responsible for these attendees, if he drifted off the road into a car or crowd of people, who’s responsible? On top of it all, when he first attended the event, he was warned that his past behavior would not be tolerated.

Instructions: Post the specific car meet / club / event, car make / model / color / year, license plate, pictures and videos of offenders at your local meet, club or event. Your information will be added to the original post and you will be notified with a “TTT” (to the top) post to confirm that the original post was updated.

CHARITY OR ORGANIZED EVENTS:

EuroFest 2011
      Year TBD Silver BMW M3
      NY License Plate: Contact me for this information

Cool Water 2011 Charity Event
      2010-2011 Black BMW 1 Series
      NJ License Plate: Contact me for this information

DubRun 2011
      Year TBD Silver BMW M3
      NY License Plate: Contact me for this information

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7...64c42944bb.jpg

TRI-STATE MEETS AND CLUBS:

Friday night meet Woodbridge NJ
      2000’s TBD Black Acura Non-Type S RS, possibly purple wheels
      NJ License Plate: TBD

Garden State Euros – Weekly Northern New Jersey Tri-State Meet!
      1990’s Dark Blue BMW 3 Series, diesel with exhaust chimney above trunk
      NJ License Plate: TBD

2. Member
      Vehicles
      96 A4 2.8
      03-06-2012 10:46 AM #2
      idk bout you but i just call the cops on the ******* or *******s causing the problem
      F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W

96 b5 for sale

instragram: gallhue

Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      03-06-2012 10:51 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by gallhue View Post
      idk bout you but i just call the cops on the ******* or *******s causing the problem
      At our meet we have police from two towns who will be patroling and will also be on call in case stuff like this happens. I believe in a fair warning before getting actually handing the evidence over to the police. We'll save that option for 2012.

Vehicles
      G60 Corrado, MKV GLI
      03-06-2012 11:06 AM #4
      After having spent many years planning and hosting events I can understand what you're trying to do here and I hope that it works but I fear that getting blackballed and having your picture up on this thread is going to become a badge of honor of some of these idiots.

Obviously someone that calls himself "Drift King" and has to get a vanity plate advertising his stupidity is nothing more than attention whore and I just hope that this thread doesn't become another forum for these morons.

Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      03-06-2012 11:13 AM #5
      Hey Hammersmith, thanks for coming on.

That is an absolutely valid point, they may think they are rock stars on the scene but when they are turned away or police get involved, they will think twice.

Vehicles
      2013 SWP BRZ Manual and 2013 White Jetta S
      03-06-2012 11:23 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
      Hey Hammersmith, thanks for coming on.

That is an absolutely valid point, they may think they are rock stars on the scene but when they are turned away or police get involved, they will think twice.

Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      03-07-2012 06:45 PM #7
      I like it. I think someone should do some research about the legalities of this lol cuz there will obviously be people getting butt hurt about having their idiocies posted on a public forum and start ranting about how it's "illegal". I say just post descriptions of the cars. Oh and the best way to not get your ish put on blast don't do anything stupid. I know it's crazy how easy that is right.

Sent from your iPhone while I was balls deep in your sister at your moms house.

Vehicles
      98' 2.0 Golf, 82' Diesel Rabbit,88' VR Jetta Coupe
      03-07-2012 09:49 PM #8
      cant wait to see the video of the damage i've done lol

kidding, good thread though. gunna keep a handy now.
      Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
      Anyone will create art in any form when passion and dedication is their motivator, not money or fame like other tuning names.
      |Fender Rolling & Polishing Services|
      |UCEURO|Lab Rat @ Einstein Fabrications©|

9. 04-19-2012 10:20 PM #9
      why build up a car just to beat on it and risk injury to other people. Total idiots. I only get on it when I'm on a straight highway and nobody else aside from willing participants are in proximity.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rnzd5v

Vehicles
      86 8v gti (project), 81 rabbit conv.
      05-06-2012 11:11 PM #10
      all for this BUMP staggered 2012.......
      MK1 & MK2 8v Parts Wanted PM me with ANYTHING

Vehicles
      B5 S4 and 92 corrado vr6
      08-14-2012 09:12 PM #11
      👍👍👍👍100% with this thread

12. Member
      Vehicles
      Tuërkis and Tornado Subaru Impreza
      02-14-2013 02:27 PM #12

Vehicles
      BAGGED 2012 TR BASE GLI
      02-17-2013 06:38 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Svën Höek View Post
      HYDE16 did a great thing setting up this thread...theres now very few meets we have in our area on LI that we can meet at and not have problems, that these toolbags have created for us (i.e. this past summer someone hit a girl and an angry mob of people flipped his car, ended up being the girls). it really is disheartening that these a**hats dont just relax and not ruin it for everybody. the point of a meet, G2G or show is to come park your car, pop your hood if you choose, show your car, chill with friends/fellow enthusiasts and thats it. the hot boy stupid showoff stuff is for the track or in an empty parking lot where no one can suffer from your stupidity.

Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      02-17-2013 07:09 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by REDGLI2012 View Post
      HYDE16 did a great thing setting up this thread...theres now very few meets we have in our area on LI that we can meet at and not have problems, that these toolbags have created for us (i.e. this past summer someone hit a girl and an angry mob of people flipped his car, ended up being the girls). it really is disheartening that these a**hats dont just relax and not ruin it for everybody. the point of a meet, G2G or show is to come park your car, pop your hood if you choose, show your car, chill with friends/fellow enthusiasts and thats it. the hot boy stupid showoff stuff is for the track or in an empty parking lot where no one can suffer from your stupidity.
      we are on the same exact page. come out to us anytime you want bro.

Vehicles
      BAGGED 2012 TR BASE GLI
      02-17-2013 07:52 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
      we are on the same exact page. come out to us anytime you want bro.
      ill be there for sure man. your more than welcome including your fellow dirty euro'ers to come out to LI as well for our meets