VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official Tri-State Meet, Club, Event BLACKBALL List: Stopping Offenders

12K views 61 replies 37 participants last post by  HYDE16 
#1 · (Edited)
As we start the 2012 season, many of us attend the available Tri-State European car meets, clubs and organized scheduled events throughout the year. Levels of organization range from last minute GTGs to full blown weekly parking lot meets. Ages range from new drivers through 60+. Cars range from beaters, Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Mini Coopers, Porsches, Volkswagens, exotic cars, antiques or domestics. No matter the car, they are an enthusiast. Organized scheduled events range from weekend warrior cruises to charity events and super events like Waterfest and H20.

The Tri-State area has some well established meets and clubs for enthusiasts to attend: Bergen, Castle GTG, Coolwater, Franklin Hooters, Garden State Euros, Hudson Valley GTG, Jetta is Betta, Linden Starbucks, Monmouth, Montclair, Mount Olive, N.E.R.D., Palisades, Parsippany / PAR GTG, Poughkeepsie, Fair Lawn / Rt. 4 IKEA GTG, Somerset, Sussex, Team A.C.E., Union, Woodbridge, and William Paterson University, and so on…

No matter the level, each and every car meet, club or event has people behind it to drive it in a positive direction. Lets break down what’s needed to establish a meet or car event from scratch: Choosing a location, obtaining proper approval from the property owners (parking lots / parks / etc.) who risk their insurance policies, notifying local towns or police departments, advertising the meet or event at that secured location, making sure each week goes smoothly without accidents, injuries or people acting unsafely with their cars, etc. Organizers put their credibility on the line to account for all attendees and their conduct. No matter what the case, there is a ton of work and endless hours that go into even the smallest of meets, clubs or events.

So to the point of this thread: Who’s tired of clown asses coming along, doing a burnout, donut, drifting, revving their engines or generally offending and risking harm to the rest of the attendees and cars at your meet, club or event? This thread has been coming for a while and was sparked by offenders captured in pictures and video from the 2011 season. After patrolling the other Tri-State European car meets and clubs listed above, I’ve also seen further complaints. True car enthusiasts do not want to attend an event with irresponsible drivers that risk damage to their cars, risk injury to attendees, or risk having the meet, club or event shut down.

Outcome of this thread: This thread is designed to make organizers and dedicated club members aware of potential offenders by finally calling out the driver and car. This information will eventually be posted across multiple European car threads. This thread will be posted in each of the Tri-State European car meets and clubs listed above to invite participation. Between local police patrol our meets or security at entrances of organized events, we have a shot at either stopping this behavior or turning participants away. Some of you may think this is “wrong” to call people out. Let me start by saying they are lucky we haven’t sent this thread to the police in the towns these events were held. We’re supposed to continue to volunteer time and resources to create an event for you when we have to babysit offenders like these? If you still disagree with what we are doing here, you obviously don’t have a vested interest or general concern for the hard work people put out to give others an event to enjoy and feel safe at.

Examples: Eurofest 2011 was immediately shut down after the offender below performed donuts on a busy Rt. 23, not once, but twice. A crowd ran out into oncoming traffic to shut down the lanes so this offender could circle back to “drift” a second time after the event organizers warned the crowd the first time. Paul Miller BMW of Wayne and the event organizers risked the safety of their attendees watching along the side of the road and people standing in the highway to block traffic.

Organizers from the Cool Water 2011 Charity event had an offender do donuts in the grass nearly wrecking into a tree.

I helped organize DubRun 2011 last year and in the videos below, you’ll see how unsafe the same offender can be in a narrow road along a mountainside. I was responsible for these attendees, if he drifted off the road into a car or crowd of people, who’s responsible? On top of it all, when he first attended the event, he was warned that his past behavior would not be tolerated.

Instructions: Post the specific car meet / club / event, car make / model / color / year, license plate, pictures and videos of offenders at your local meet, club or event. Your information will be added to the original post and you will be notified with a “TTT” (to the top) post to confirm that the original post was updated.

CHARITY OR ORGANIZED EVENTS:

EuroFest 2011
Year TBD Silver BMW M3
NY License Plate: Contact me for this information

Cool Water 2011 Charity Event
2010-2011 Black BMW 1 Series
NJ License Plate: Contact me for this information

DubRun 2011
Year TBD Silver BMW M3
NY License Plate: Contact me for this information

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7885/6274476597a64c42944bb.jpg

TRI-STATE MEETS AND CLUBS:

Friday night meet Woodbridge NJ
2000’s TBD Black Acura Non-Type S RS, possibly purple wheels
NJ License Plate: TBD

Garden State Euros – Weekly Northern New Jersey Tri-State Meet!
1990’s Dark Blue BMW 3 Series, diesel with exhaust chimney above trunk
NJ License Plate: TBD

See less See more
3 1
#3 ·
At our meet we have police from two towns who will be patroling and will also be on call in case stuff like this happens. I believe in a fair warning before getting actually handing the evidence over to the police. We'll save that option for 2012.

#4 ·
After having spent many years planning and hosting events I can understand what you're trying to do here and I hope that it works but I fear that getting blackballed and having your picture up on this thread is going to become a badge of honor of some of these idiots.

Obviously someone that calls himself "Drift King" and has to get a vanity plate advertising his stupidity is nothing more than attention whore and I just hope that this thread doesn't become another forum for these morons.

#5 ·
Hey Hammersmith, thanks for coming on.

That is an absolutely valid point, they may think they are rock stars on the scene but when they are turned away or police get involved, they will think twice.

#7 ·
Yea there is no need for that crap to be going on butler and kinnelon dont need that nor do i need to be pulled over due to other peoples stupidity! Respect the meets or go have your own meet far far away from me

#8 · (Edited)
Excellent work Hyde. :thumbup:

Specifically regarding the Drift M3 incident, what the videos don't show is the offender nearly causing a collision with non-event drivers.

Its one thing to involve your buddies, but another thing to put the general public in danger on public roadways. :thumbdown:

#9 ·
I approve of this thread 100%

**** like that needs to stop. Not cool. As a parent that brings his child to an event i dont need someone drivng like that, of acting crazy in the parking lots.

@the Castle GTG we threw some clowns out that were drifitng in the parking lot. At that GTG is all family oriented and my boy runs around looking at all the cars. I dont need some Jack ass running him over.

#21 · (Edited)
Possible legality issues have been addressed.
License plates and pictures have been removed.
Any videos capturing cars in the act are from other public Youtube accounts and are just proof of undesired, unsafe behavior.

#27 ·
I like it. I think someone should do some research about the legalities of this lol cuz there will obviously be people getting butt hurt about having their idiocies posted on a public forum and start ranting about how it's "illegal". I say just post descriptions of the cars. Oh and the best way to not get your ish put on blast don't do anything stupid. I know it's crazy how easy that is right.

Sent from your iPhone while I was balls deep in your sister at your moms house.

#33 ·
:thumbup:

to this thread!

#34 ·
Great thread and idea. 100% supportive.

:thumbup:

I don't get where there are legal issues with posting a picture of the car and plate number. In NYS the license plate belongs to New York. You pay to use it, and must return it.

And since when did freedom of press become illegal when its not endangering the welfare of another? :what:

Either way, hope this keeps the clowns from doing these stunts during meets.

#35 ·
We had these problems at our queens meet hosted by Dubs of Queens
Over the years. Always one jerkoff that wants to hit that parking lot boost
And be that real cool guy. We try to talk to them and if they keep it up we
Do what we have to do to make sure it stops.

Great thread! :beer:

#41 ·
i respect this thread alot i just recently started a car club we are called eurobroke we will be hosting weekly meets starting very soon i hope every will be attending that can make it as for these a**h***s that this thread is about if your gonna continue acting in this way your not welcome
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.