Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Soundaktor Adjustment via VCDS?

Vehicles
      2011 GTI DSG
      03-06-2012 07:32 PM #1
      So it turns out that from 2011 on, GTI's and many other cars in the VAG family now have a sound actuator that pumps engine sound into the cabin based on throttle application. I am wondering if anybody here, or at Ross Tech knows if this can be adjusted or turned off via VCDS?

Here is a thread going on the topic right now: Soundaktor: The new noisepipe?

I would love to turn it off or adjust it with my VAG-COM cable if possible.
      2011 GTI AB DSG 4D CSG APR Stage 2 / APR Carbonio / 42DD Downpipe / S3 IC / DG Springs & Konis / Enkei Raijin's / etc.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI 2dr TR Sunroof/Nav w/DSG
      03-14-2012 02:11 PM #2
      I'd like to know about this too. Since it depends on signals from the CAN bus, then hopefully there has to be some Central Electronics coding or adaptation setting to turn off the Soundaktor.

3. 03-14-2012 02:37 PM #3
      Vrooom Vroooom Vroooom there you go.......

Vehicles
      03-14-2012 02:59 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European Parts View Post
      Vrooom Vroooom Vroooom there you go.......
      That was really helpful.

Is this your way of drumming up business?

Not the best impression to leave when we are waiting for serious answers to the questions we posed.

5. 03-14-2012 03:32 PM #5
      Negative attention, is still attention!

Follow the rules and post an auto-scan.

Best Impression this!

6. 03-16-2012 11:36 AM #6
      This is a VAG-COM support forum and not a general questions forum. Being it is what it is, the forum rules require an auto-scan. If you have a hardware or software issue preventing an auto-scan, you can also get help here. If you have a register, legal copy of VAG-COM, there is no excuse to not comply unless you feel you are better than everyone else and rules don't apply to you.

Posting an auto-scan may seem trival just to get this type question answered but I'm sure Ross-Tech doesn't make money providing support to those who pirate their software. You have a VAG-COM so it seems insular not to post the required auto-scan.

If you wish to be treated in a respectful way, have enough respect to approach those who can help with the information they require to help. I understand Jack's approach (it may be a little harsh) because he deals with this type of visitor everyday.

If you want help, simply do what is required to get it.
      Last edited by VR6Now; 03-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 11:16 PM #7
      Thank you, but after the treatment here I directly emailed Ross-Tech and got the info I wanted.

Posting a scan for a question where we're looking for a Yes/No answer is ridiculous. I would happily post a scan if I were asking "How do I enable/disable/measure something".

Thanks again for providing a useless forum.

PS: Have YOU read the forum rules? There's nothing about a required AutoScan to get a simple answer .

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Ross-Tech.com View Post
      Welcome to the VAG-COM Diagnostics Forum on VWVortex. This forum is sponsored by Ross-Tech, the creators of the VAG-COM Diagnostic System for VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda.

This forum is intended to foster discussion of diagnostic problems and procedures related to the use of the VCDS and VCDS-Lite (formerly known as VAG-COM). There are some rules that will ensure all users have the most pleasant and informative experience here.

First of all, this forum is on VWVortex and all users must abide by the VWVortex Forum Rules

There are also rules specific to this forum that must be followed:

1) Posting or asking for illegal copies of any software whatsoever, or asking for passwords or cracks is strictly forbidden. If it comes to our attention that you're using a pirated version of any software, your thread will be locked and/or black-holed.

2) Questions about design and construction of home-made interfaces are Off-Topic, as are connection problems if you're using a home-made interface or a 3rd party interfaces. If you can't get your aftermarket interface to work, contact your hardware supplier for assistance.

3) Advertising of 3rd party Interfaces or competing hardware/software is forbidden.

4) Keep posts on-topic! If it doesn't have anything to do with computer diagnostics of VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars, don't post it.

5) When posting questions related to a problem you are having with a particular car, always state the exact make/model/year/engine of car you are having a problem with. Also state any modifications you have made to the car. Incomplete information will often get you no answer, or worse yet, the wrong answer.

6) When posting questions involving trouble codes, please post actual scan data from your car using the latest version of VCDS, preferably a complete Auto-Scan. If you're not using VCDS or VCDS-Lite, you're in the wrong forum.

7) When posting questions related to VCDS itself, always state the version number (you can find it on the Opening Screen and the About Screen) and details about the PC (make/model/CPU/Operating-System). Make sure you are using a current version of VCDS or VCDS-Lite.

9) Questions about aftermarket Xenon headlights are off-topic in this forum. Please use the Lighting Forum for that.

10) Before asking any question, please take the time to read the VAG-COM Manual and the VAG-COM FAQ. Please use the VWVortex Search to see if your question has already been answered.
      Last edited by Tim S; 03-17-2012 at 01:24 AM.

8. 03-16-2012 11:19 PM #8
      Vroooooom your welcome!

I'm sorry you don't have time to comply with rules and would rather argue, and take the time to reply again.

Keep in mind we authenticate you via the auto-scan here.
      When you call RT you get authenticated first, then you get your yes, or no answer, soooooo,
      USELESS THIS!

Stinks when you have to eat at the Y doesnt it?
      Last edited by Jack@European Parts; 03-16-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Vehicles
      03-17-2012 12:48 AM #9
      Vroooooom your welcome!

I'm sorry you don't have time to comply with rules and would rather argue, and take the time to reply again.

Keep in mind we authenticate you via the auto-scan here.
      When you call RT you get authenticated first, then you get your yes, or no answer, soooooo,
      USELESS THIS!

Stinks when you have to eat at the Y doesnt it?
      Well, unlike you, I like to help the community. For those of you who have reached this thread via Google, go to http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33595 for the answer. (Sponsors there don't run rampant acting like ass-hats)

/thread

10. 03-17-2012 09:29 AM #10
      Your right I hardly help here or the community.

What ever! What ever you want my friend.

11. 03-17-2012 11:46 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim S View Post
      Thank you, but after the treatment here I directly emailed Ross-Tech and got the info I wanted.

Posting a scan for a question where we're looking for a Yes/No answer is ridiculous. I would happily post a scan if I were asking "How do I enable/disable/measure something".

Thanks again for providing a useless forum.

PS: Have YOU read the forum rules? There's nothing about a required AutoScan to get a simple answer .
      The over entitled. Everyone should answer your questions on your terms. Being registered is required to get support from Ross-Tech so they authenicated you there versus here. Same thing.

12. 03-17-2012 08:37 PM #12
      You Tell'm VR!

Bang Bang!

13. 03-22-2012 02:56 PM #13
      Wow, after reading this thread I don't think I'll be visiting here again.

Way to turn off potential customers.

P.S. I suggest you re-write your forum rules to be a little more clear so not just cryptic elitist ass-hats like the posters here can understand them.

He asked a question, you answered with something non related. He was in a grey area of the "rules" and you chastised him instead of helping clarify.

14. 03-22-2012 03:16 PM #14
      Yeah Noob

You know what your doing!

Bang Bang!

Vrooooom

15. 03-22-2012 07:32 PM #15
      Yeah Noob

You know what your doing!

Bang Bang!

Vrooooom
      Big words from a person who works for a company that is rated one of the worst of it's kind in NY.
      Lets see (quick google search)...

Rude
      Scam
      Bribes for reviews
      Scam (again)
      Worst company ever

Yep, like I'll give any of your comments any weight.

By the way, it is "you're" not your.

Cya

Vehicles
      Too Many
      03-22-2012 08:22 PM #16
      If nobody is willing to post any actual scans, I think this thread should be closed.

-Uwe-
      Last edited by Uwe; 03-22-2012 at 08:25 PM.
      VCDS® -- Satisfaction guaranteed or double your fault codes back!
      I reserve the right to be a prick if people make unreasonable demands.