Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 27 of 27

    Thread: Halo 4 ingame footage...and no thread??? am I high??

    1. 03-06-2012 07:49 PM #1


      looks amaaaazing

    2. 03-06-2012 07:49 PM #2
      Heck yeah, another HALO g...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

      Why won't this sh_t die already?

    3. 03-06-2012 07:54 PM #3
      I think having a new team take a fresh look at it will be good for the series personally.

      if they're being honest in the video it should be great, whats to hate about that?

      heck you play forza 4 and I don't see you seeing "oooohh noo another forza"

    4. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      64,104
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      03-06-2012 07:56 PM #4
      I've pondered getting a base XBOX360 just to play the Halo games.

      But this game.. idk. hasn't the entire Halo canon already been written by previous games?

      Is HALO only about online play?

      Do they still support past HALO games (online play) on XBOX live?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    5. 03-06-2012 08:06 PM #5
      I think halo 2 lost its servers kinda recent? I may be wrong.

      original halo is only through xbconnect.

    6. Member venom600's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2002
      Location
      Claremont, CA
      Posts
      9,628
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI Fahrenheit
      03-06-2012 08:13 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      But this game.. idk. hasn't the entire Halo canon already been written by previous games?
      As far as I'm concerned the only Halo games that are canon are the Bungie games (1-3, ODST and Reach) since it was their concept to begin with. The next trilogy (4-6) will be made by a different studio. Bungie wanted the series to die... they had the choice to make a Halo 4 but chose to make Reach instead because they had taken Master Chief as far as they wanted to.

    7. 03-07-2012 10:42 AM #7
      I can't wait for this game!!! It looks sweeet!! We need to face it Halo will out live all of us. I'm ok with that, as long as they keep producing good games and I enjoy them nothing wrong with that.


      VIVA HALO! ! ! ! !

    8. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      22,555
      03-07-2012 06:09 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by venom600 View Post
      As far as I'm concerned the only Halo games that are canon are the Bungie games (1-3, ODST and Reach) since it was their concept to begin with. The next trilogy (4-6) will be made by a different studio. Bungie wanted the series to die... they had the choice to make a Halo 4 but chose to make Reach instead because they had taken Master Chief as far as they wanted to.
      And we all know only the original developers of a story can make a good game *cough*rocksteady*cough*arkham*cough*
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

    9. Senior Member Laser04's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2006
      Location
      One Nation, Under A Groove
      Posts
      20,336
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      03-07-2012 11:22 PM #9
      Awesome

    10. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2002
      Posts
      16,773
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      03-08-2012 07:05 AM #10
      I will check it out. Have a friend who ****ing loves Halo so I play MP with him even though I average about 1 kill per game The Halo games do seem so slow though compared to other shooters.
      Th(e/a)n

    11. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,428
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      03-08-2012 07:37 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Heck yeah, another HALO g...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

      Why won't this sh_t die already?
      ^ This

      As much as I liked the first one, something about the sequels just never seemed "fresh" and I felt bored playing them. Online play was a joke as far as I am concerned thanks to the jumping, shielding, etc. This will be a definite PASS.

    12. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      22,227
      Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-08-2012 03:51 PM #12
      Halo: CE was the first good FPS on consoles. I love that game. Every subsequent Halo was just meh, imo.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    13. Member bajda22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 30th, 2006
      Posts
      444
      Vehicles
      20th imola
      03-09-2012 12:00 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      ^ This

      As much as I liked the first one, something about the sequels just never seemed "fresh" and I felt bored playing them. Online play was a joke as far as I am concerned thanks to the jumping, shielding, etc. This will be a definite PASS.
      Your passing on one of the best game multiplayer game ever made. Smoothest/tightest controls out.

    14. 03-09-2012 10:09 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by bajda22 View Post
      Your passing on one of the best game multiplayer game ever made. Smoothest/tightest controls out.
      True dat!!!!

    15. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,046
      03-09-2012 04:12 PM #15
      As a guy who spent more time than I care to admit playing Halo, and was heavily involved in the competitive scene... I couldn't care less about Halo anymore. Halo 3 was the end of the road for me.

    16. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      29,143
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      03-09-2012 05:40 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by bajda22 View Post
      Your passing on one of the best game multiplayer game ever made. Smoothest/tightest controls out.
      LOL, a Halo game is the best multiplayer game of all time? Maybe as far as consoles go.

    17. 03-09-2012 05:50 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      LOL, a Halo game is the best multiplayer game of all time? Maybe as far as consoles go.
      That's fine by me!

    18. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,428
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      03-09-2012 08:00 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by bajda22 View Post
      Your passing on one of the best game multiplayer game ever made. Smoothest/tightest controls out.
      No I'm not - I played it online and it was a joke. I didn't have any issues with the controls, it was the "cartoony" gameplay and modes. Freaking people just jumping around the screen, people getting launched across the screen, trying to get kills with anything other than explosives weapons or the mega hammer thing (thanks to the shields), etc. As I said, definite PASS

    19. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,046
      03-09-2012 08:11 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      No I'm not - I played it online and it was a joke. I didn't have any issues with the controls, it was the "cartoony" gameplay and modes. Freaking people just jumping around the screen, people getting launched across the screen, trying to get kills with anything other than explosives weapons or the mega hammer thing (thanks to the shields), etc. As I said, definite PASS
      LOL... I'm guessing you were never a Quake/Unreal Tournament/Tribes fan?

    20. Member horribleR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      3,626
      Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      03-09-2012 09:04 PM #20
      How are you going to hate on a sci-fi/fantasy game's physics?

    21. Member Knock Sensor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2009
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      6,673
      Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850(sold), 2002 Honda VTR1000, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple
      03-09-2012 10:44 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      No I'm not - I played it online and it was a joke. I didn't have any issues with the controls, it was the "cartoony" gameplay and modes. Freaking people just jumping around the screen, people getting launched across the screen, trying to get kills with anything other than explosives weapons or the mega hammer thing (thanks to the shields), etc. As I said, definite PASS

      I've had a grenade of mine blow up and shove some warthog wreckage through a door, which splattered the enemy within. I've hijacked a falcon and dumped it over a cliff killing the two enemy gunners still on the chopper who had no idea what happened. I've had tons of epic capture the flag games. I've had 100s of awesome gaming moments in halo, and relatively few in more realistic games like call of duty or battlefield. To each his own, but if you took some time to get used to it, halo multiplayer is very rewarding.

      Plus the whole shields/jumping thing is overblown, if you have some sense you can take down shields in a second. Its no COD takedown, but people die quickly enough I assure you.


      That preview looked good, I'm leery of 343, but overall looks like a good effort so far. Very glad the BR is back.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

    22. Geriatric Member SSLByron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Annapolis, MD
      Posts
      37,129
      Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      03-09-2012 10:56 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      LOL... I'm guessing you were never a Quake/Unreal Tournament/Tribes fan?
      HALO's what happens when you make Tribes accessible to kids.
      http://www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

    23. 03-09-2012 11:41 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      HALO's what happens when you make Tribes accessible to kids.
      complaints like this are what happen when you become a old spiteful videogame man

      its a frigging videogame some people enjoy it some won't, some of you act like this is gonna be a piece of crud without seeing the final game.

      no poop the first one was amazing, the whole point of sequels is to give new gamers that same feel. my lil brother loved reach, same way I loved halo.

      don't be bitter and "oooo ahhh i'mah competitive gammmer oooo ahhhhhhhh physics.... my bullets make noises like real guns"

    24. Member bajda22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 30th, 2006
      Posts
      444
      Vehicles
      20th imola
      03-13-2012 09:09 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      LOL, a Halo game is the best multiplayer game of all time? Maybe as far as consoles go.
      Learn how to read dude. I said one of the best.

    25. Member bajda22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 30th, 2006
      Posts
      444
      Vehicles
      20th imola
      03-13-2012 09:28 PM #25
      [QUOTE=MeineFolks'wagen;76330753]No I'm not - I played it online and it was a joke. I didn't have any issues with the controls, it was the "cartoony" gameplay and modes. Freaking people just jumping around the screen, people getting launched across the screen, trying to get kills with anything other than explosives weapons or the mega hammer thing (thanks to the shields), etc. As I said, definite PASS [/QUOTE

      U prolly just stink dude. Majority of my kills r with the dmr/br, nade or ar with a melee. And as for u saying its to cartoony its a sci-fi fps its not suppose to look real. And online is prolly one of the best out server wise and choice of game modes.

    26. Member MAPLE SYRUP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2003
      Location
      BLAME CANADA
      Posts
      5,285
      Vehicles
      13 .:R, 67 Camaro, 86 GLH-T Omni
      03-17-2012 02:25 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Knock Sensor View Post
      I've had a grenade of mine blow up and shove some warthog wreckage through a door, which splattered the enemy within. I've hijacked a falcon and dumped it over a cliff killing the two enemy gunners still on the chopper who had no idea what happened. I've had tons of epic capture the flag games. I've had 100s of awesome gaming moments in halo, and relatively few in more realistic games like call of duty or battlefield. To each his own, but if you took some time to get used to it, halo multiplayer is very rewarding.

      Plus the whole shields/jumping thing is overblown, if you have some sense you can take down shields in a second. Its no COD takedown, but people die quickly enough I assure you.


      That preview looked good, I'm leery of 343, but overall looks like a good effort so far. Very glad the BR is back.

      Don't be leery, I have faith if you enjoyed Halo 2.. the head of Bungie back then for Halo 2, now heads this project for 343 Frank O' Connor.. and Halo 2 was a blast on multiplayer..

      Reach was just a fail..
      PSN o0o_BOOST_o0o
      XBL oo BOOST LEE oo

      Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      I'm saying that after 6 hours of angry man on man sex, the MKIV still smelt like an MKIV.

    27. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,046
      03-17-2012 05:12 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by BOOSTAHOLIC View Post
      Don't be leery, I have faith if you enjoyed Halo 2.. the head of Bungie back then for Halo 2, now heads this project for 343 Frank O' Connor.. and Halo 2 was a blast on multiplayer..

      Reach was just a fail..
      I don't think the problem with any Halo game was "who was working on it", I have full faith in Bungie to make great games if they get to make all the decisions. I think the problem was always that MS has the last say on everything, and that will never change now that MS is the sole owner of the Halo IP.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •