Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers Beware: Jacob Elias Barkis scammed me.

Vehicles
      88 fox RIP 86 jetta RIP 81 rabbit RIP, 1984 GTI RIP, 03Ranger RIP, (03 Legacy, 03 Allroad, 86 Jetta)
      03-06-2012 08:37 PM #1
      This fella: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001134408832

Sold me some kamei mud spats off facebook. After I paypaled him the cash for a "new in box" set I looked for them all over to see what they were selling for and how many were out there. I knew they were rare as hell, and I was stoked on the purchase.

So I find this thread: PLEASE NOTE the following thread is 100% legit, this is not posted by Jacob

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t=kamei+guards

and what do you know? Jacob stole the photos from this gentleman's thread.

He sold me a set of knock offs, that had no clips, no packaging, and were not at all what was in the package.

I have heard of others having issues with items he has sold, and I have also heard he has had good transactions as well. I just want other buyers to be aware of my experience, as it's the only one I can vouch for.

So far I have posted a facebook thread in the PNW facebook vw classifieds, and have filed a dispute with paypal.

Does anyone know his vortex name?

Anyone else have good or bad things to say about transactions with him?
      1% defined: Lone wolf, no club. Duct tape it yourself. It is broken down 1% of the time, and work is always 1% completed.
      2% defined: I'm too old to drive broken sh*t and VW people are cool. DBVW!
      Quote Originally Posted by nsindel View Post
      May I introduce Senor SGLoki -
      the man, the myth, the slamdancer...

Vehicles
      88 fox RIP 86 jetta RIP 81 rabbit RIP, 1984 GTI RIP, 03Ranger RIP, (03 Legacy, 03 Allroad, 86 Jetta)
      03-06-2012 09:25 PM #2
      Edited.

I am removing references to His brother's role in administrating the FB group. Austin seems legit and honest, and although he removed the threads I posted there about the dispute, I won't fault him for that.
      Last edited by SGLoki; 03-07-2012 at 12:14 AM.
      1% defined: Lone wolf, no club. Duct tape it yourself. It is broken down 1% of the time, and work is always 1% completed.

Vehicles
      '04 GTi
      03-06-2012 09:31 PM #3
      Damn man, you aren't taking this lightly lol.

Could it just have been a mistake of mis-communication?

Vehicles
      89 GTI 90 Audi Coupe Quattro 2011 4 door GTI
      03-06-2012 10:32 PM #4
      Making a mental note to never deal with either of them now. I'm sorry you were ripped off. Hopefully you can get your money refunded via paypal.
      Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Knappy View Post
      We really need breeding standards like they have with dogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      I remember when people modified their Volkswagen to enhance the driving experience. What ever happened to Fahrvergnugen? Bags are for kids that grew up watching Pimp My Ride. Turbo is for all of us that enjoy actual motorsport.

Vehicles
      03-06-2012 11:09 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by GLi16v_ View Post
      Damn man, you aren't taking this lightly lol.

Could it just have been a mistake of mis-communication?
      I don't take dishonesty lightly.. I may lack manners at times, but one think I am is honest and I can't abide by dishonesty.

I'm 100% certain it wasn't simple miscommunication, I wish it was that simple.

Vehicles
      1980 Mk1 Scirocco, 2003 Passat & a 2000 Eurovan MV
      03-06-2012 11:23 PM #6
      Just bought some Scirocco stuff off him on Sunday night. Everything was as described. Hope you guys can work this out.
      Haters will broadcast your failure but whisper your success.
      --------1980 Mk1 Scirocco--------
      -2000 T4 R32 Powered Eurovan-
      2013 B7 Passat Wolfsburg Edition

Vehicles
      03-06-2012 11:50 PM #7
      Thanks Meister. I hope so too. Good to know he isn't all about scamming, for all I know he really thinks they are original Kamei parts, it's the borrowing a pic of the real deal that causes me to wonder if he knew, If he didn't then that was a pretty bad mistake.

I did find the pic before they shipped, and wondered if that was his vortex name and he had a fake location on here. (nope, not him.) When I posted on the FS thread on facebook he didn't reply, he just deleted the whole ad and the question. I just asked "who stole who's pic?"

Vehicles
      2007 Candy White A5 Rabbit 2.5l 20v, 2010 United Gray A6 GTi 2.0l 16v
      03-06-2012 11:50 PM #8
      I can personally vouch for both Austin and Jacob...there is no foul play here. This appears to be some sort of misunderstanding. Austin has no involvement with your particular issue, so please don't drag him into it. He has taken it upon himself to moderate the Western Washington VW Classifieds, providing MANY individuals with a means with which to advertise parts.

If this issue is not resolved with Jacob, which I assure you it will...I will make it right personally.
      Previous Volkswagens:

| 1996 Soft Violet A3 Jetta GLS 2.0l 8v (1998-2005) | 1996 Black A3 Golf GTi 2.0l 8v (2005-2010) | 1999 Black A3 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0l 8v (2007-2011) | 1996 Black A3 Golf GL 2.0l 8v (2009-2010) | 1997 Sequoia Green A3 Golf GTi VR6 2.8l 12v (2010-2010)|

Vehicles
      03-06-2012 11:55 PM #9
      I appreciate it man.

Austin sorta drug himself into it, Jacob called names and got pretty pissed off, then Austin deleted any of the information I posted, and removed me from the group. I was pretty polite about it all, albeit upset.

EDIT: Well I give Austin a lot of credit for sticking to his word, he said if we kept talking about it he would remove us both from the group, and he did remove his own brother as well. for honesty.

A lot of members of the group don't support Austin's stance on the classifieds being "for selling/trading, not disputing." Someone said something to the effect of "we should be able to hear if a transaction doesn't go right."
      Last edited by SGLoki; 03-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 12:05 AM #10
      Okay, so in my defense I merely created a pacific northwest parts forum for locals to buy sell trade parts etc. I am in no way affiliated with this so called transaction. For you to come out and slander me and my business is completely uncalled for. I merely am related to Jacob and have now heard both sides of the story and you both are in the wrong. No one is getting scammed and no one is going to get screwed over here. I posted in my facebook group that it was merely not the place to discuss such an issue. My brother was attacked and was upset because he sold and sent pictures as described and is an honest seller and has dealt with many people locally and has many kudos. I am sure you guys can figure it out without including me and my company. I am an honest business owner and graphic designer and Volkswagen enthusiast. I am very surprised on how you are handling this. Both of you should just meet up and or pick up a phone and talk about how you are going to get your "30$" back. 5& or a thousand, I would be upset as well but there are better ways to handle such problems. Acting out and using profanity in a public group is not the way to handle a problem, I am in the dark as far as what happened completely but If i am correct the transaction was completed with pay-pal and can be handled in the claims section.

Please retract your attack on my credibility as a seller and Volkswagen enthusiast as I have done absolutely nothing wrong here.

I have many people who can vouch for my credibility as a Tax paying Citizen and quality enthusiast, there is no reason for this to be blown to this proportion.

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 12:09 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      I appreciate it man.

Austin sorta drug himself into it, Jacob called names and got pretty pissed off, then Austin deleted any of the information I posted, and removed me from the group. I was pretty polite about it all, albeit upset.

A lot of members of the group don't support Austin's stance on the classifieds being "for selling/trading, not disputing." Someone said something to the effect of "we should be able to hear if a transaction doesn't go right."
      I warned you to talk to Jacob about it personally and or through pay-pal to avoid a pissing fest on the forum between 100+ members who have different opinions.

So you were temporarily banned.

Jacob will be banned as well if he says anything further as now I am dragged into something that has nothing to do with me.

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 12:12 AM #12
      I disagree on the accusation of "slander" as I haven't said anything that was untrue, but I will be removing all references to you or your business in this post as you were totally good to your word and at least you did remove your own brother from the group. I apologize for bringing your business name into it at all.

Please understand from my point of view... He did not "send" me any pictures, he posted a picture of an original Kamei part that was not his. Then he sold me what appears to be a knock off.

I collect mk1 stuff, like I said before, and when I see NOS stuff with the packing in a photo, that is what I am buying.

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 12:15 AM #13
      On another note, I Run Duo clothing company and it is very successful and has 100% rate of satisfaction

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 12:18 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      I disagree on the accusation of "slander" as I haven't said anything that was untrue, but I will be removing all references to you or your business in this post as you were totally good to your word and at least you did remove your own brother from the group. I apologize for bringing your business name into it at all.

Please understand from my point of view... He did not "send" me any pictures, he posted a picture of an original Kamei part that was not his. Then he sold me what appears to be a knock off.

I collect mk1 stuff, like I said before, and when I see NOS stuff with the packing in a photo, that is what I am buying.
      I can vouch that those are real KAMEI mud spats because he purchased them from me years ago and I had a mk1 rabbit, maybe he didnt send the kamei brochure with them or something but they are real.

Regardless, thank you for that. I am a man of my word.

Vehicles
      89 Bronco, 2013 4Runner, 02 A4 Avant
      03-07-2012 12:24 AM #15
      I don't know Jacob but I've dealt with Austin and I know it was nothing but a great experience. Stand up guy
      PM FOR A GREAT DEAL ON FENDER ROLLING, TIMING BELT JOBS, SUPENSION INSTALLS, ETC

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 12:32 AM #16
      The thing about it is, Kamei casts part numbers and their logo into everything I have ever seen from them... if I'm wrong on this I'll be buying some beers and eating a hat. ( a nacho hat.)

Vehicles
      02 GTI 07 ruckus 85 e30 318i 14 Yamaha FZ-09
      03-07-2012 03:44 AM #17
      Its cool he lied to me too. Sold me side moldings, told me before I drove all the way down to Olympia that they were mint and all there, showed up, one piece was missing, got home and one was cracked almost in half. Making sure I check all.stuff I buy now. Still havnt heard back on where my missing piece is!
      Bagged shaved caged big turbo mk4
      Bagged e30
      Slammed stretched ruckus
      Stock fz09
      Buiod threads coming soon!

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 01:54 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by first9t! View Post
      Its cool he lied to me too. Sold me side moldings, told me before I drove all the way down to Olympia that they were mint and all there, showed up, one piece was missing, got home and one was cracked almost in half. Making sure I check all.stuff I buy now. Still havnt heard back on where my missing piece is!
      I dont see how that was his fault sounds like yours for not checking your stuff before purchasing it. I look over everything I buy with a fine toothed comb.

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 01:58 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by 16v dubbin View Post
      I dont see how that was his fault sounds like yours for not checking your stuff before purchasing it. I look over everything I buy with a fine toothed comb.
      My fault for him lying eh? That's a new one...
      Bagged e30
      Slammed stretched ruckus
      Stock fz09

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 02:13 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by first9t! View Post
      My fault for him lying eh? That's a new one...
      No lying is not okay, but you being stupid enough to purchase something of low quality is your own fault and you wouldn't be upset if you hadn't bought the item. I have driven 200 miles to see something and not purchased it because of inaccurate description.

Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GL
      03-07-2012 04:39 PM #21
      Do they look like this?

I hit cars occasionally.
      EAD

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 05:57 PM #22
      one of those is the photo he used in his ad, but those are not his photos.

Yes, they do look like them, but I suspect they are reproductions,. He showed me one of those pics with the packaging, brochure, and mounting hardware, none of which were in the box... false advertising.

Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GL
      03-07-2012 06:01 PM #23
      is there a made in germany sticker on the inside of any of them?
      I hit cars occasionally.
      EAD

Vehicles
      03-07-2012 06:39 PM #24
      nope. no sticker.

Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GL
      03-07-2012 06:54 PM #25
      Honestly if they look just like that, they are probably kamei mud flaps cause I don't think theres a huge market for knock off kamei Mk1 mud flaps and if there were you would see more of them, which you don't. Ya its sh!tty he didn't use an actual picture of what you bought and provide the kamei manual but having that manual really isn't going to increase the resale value of them in the future. Theres a few things to take away from this, 1. You got some mud flaps that are kamei ones or an impeccable replica, and since you have nothing to compare it to, whos going to know the difference? 2. You got rolled out of a paper manual which kinda sucks, but honestly losing a tiny manual for some mud flaps is pretty easy to do. 3. Some people are lazy and use other peoples photos to describe something they are selling, ebay is a prime example. 4. Making a thread like this makes you look like a fool unless you are 100% sure they are not the real deal.
      I hit cars occasionally.
      EAD

Vehicles
      Drivers, beaters, pedal bikes
      03-07-2012 07:29 PM #26
      Can you post a picture of the actual ones he sent you?

27. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1999 Jetta wolfsburg1982 Rabbit(sold)198716vScirocco(sold)1985 Audi 4000Quattro(RIP)1989 Jetta(RIP)
      03-07-2012 07:41 PM #27
      What you were sent was a real set of Kamei Mud spats. Your making an absolute fool of yourself over 30$. Your claim your making with paypal is basically false those sat on that forum for quite some time and if you actually read the description they were new never installed. The description was for a set of 4 mud flaps which is what you recieved. Our agreement 45$ shipped which 15$ went to overnighting them to your door with ups tracking. Ive had that picture on there for quite sometime and was not the case of trying to falsify you this is really ridiculous. You didnt choose to so much as even drop me a message before I see there is a post of you slandering my character like you even know me. I have been selling parts to the community for almost 10 years and with much positive feedback. I sold my mk1 rabbit and have lots of left over parts left I have a 4 month old son im trying to provide for so I can assure you there was no hidden motive. I sold them to you way under value you contacted me about purchasing them and asked me what info you wanted. In post I never once mention any original hardware or paperwork. Post was deleted as parts were sold that is how I always do it to keep the forum uncluttered. PARTS ARE SOLD AS IS!!!!! The fact that you went on to mention people who were not involved is uncalled for and downright disrespectful. I have seen these maybe one other time and I dont think reproductions of these were ever made what you were sent was the EXACT SET OF 4 mudflaps in the picture. Also once again your claim of NEW IN BOX is false I never claimed that description was exactly this NEW never installed!! I will not be verbally attacked via the internet nor will I have my character come in to question stop slandering me before I take futher action. Thanks Jacob

28. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1999 Jetta wolfsburg1982 Rabbit(sold)198716vScirocco(sold)1985 Audi 4000Quattro(RIP)1989 Jetta(RIP)
      03-07-2012 07:45 PM #28
      You texted me half way there and lowballed my price I sold you a set of trim that is no longer available new for 40$ You stood right there with it in your hand and looked right at it I told you I could not find that small piece in my stuff and would gladly give it to you if I found It. You could have simply said you didnt want the trim. Figured you wouldnt be to inconvenienced to find one small trim piece basically 3$ at any wrecking yard. Jacob

"Its cool he lied to me too. Sold me side moldings, told me before I drove all the way down to Olympia that they were mint and all there, showed up, one piece was missing, got home and one was cracked almost in half. Making sure I check all.stuff I buy now. Still havnt heard back on where my missing piece is!" TYLER
      Last edited by EuroVW360; 03-07-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Vehicles
      couple air, a few water
      03-07-2012 10:26 PM #29
      my true kamei flaps identical to the ones posted in this thread have no stamp or markings on them.
      just saying...

I hope you guys get this sorted out!

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-07-2012 11:02 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by scir036trs View Post
      my true kamei flaps identical to the ones posted in this thread have no stamp or markings on them.
      just saying...

I hope you guys get this sorted out!

Vehicles
      89 GTI 90 Audi Coupe Quattro 2011 4 door GTI
      03-08-2012 12:58 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 16v dubbin View Post
      No lying is not okay, but you being stupid enough to purchase something of low quality is your own fault and you wouldn't be upset if you hadn't bought the item. I have driven 200 miles to see something and not purchased it because of inaccurate description.
      When you're driving that far the condition should be accurately described before you even leave your house, which clearly it was not.
      Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Knappy View Post
      We really need breeding standards like they have with dogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      I remember when people modified their Volkswagen to enhance the driving experience. What ever happened to Fahrvergnugen? Bags are for kids that grew up watching Pimp My Ride. Turbo is for all of us that enjoy actual motorsport.

Vehicles
      03-08-2012 01:48 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by EuroVW360 View Post
      You texted me half way there and lowballed my price I sold you a set of trim that is no longer available new for 40$
      your statement is false as it wasnt new, if I paid $40 for new trim I wouldn't be complaining. Have a nice day.
      Bagged e30
      Slammed stretched ruckus
      Stock fz09

Vehicles
      1995 Vw Cabrio Wolfsburg
      03-08-2012 02:38 AM #33

Vehicles
      03-08-2012 10:27 AM #34
      It's pretty simple to me dude. You stole someone's photo, misrepresented what you were selling, and deleted the ad the moment I mentioned that the photo was being used elsewhere and might not be yours. So what that ad said, is a function of memory, or fabrication. I recall reading "NIB" and you dumped the entire ad the moment the $ hit your paypal.

You deleted the evidence you claim will exonerate you Because you know that isn't what it said.

so far as other people being happy with buying stuff from you, you're about 50/50 right now, apparently you have pissed a lot of people off.

I really don't care if you feel like you are in the right here, you are too lazy to take a photo, and you sent scratched up crap that appears to be replicas. If you can't understand why stealing a photo, and not explaining "not my pic" is dishonest then you have a lot to learn.

Vehicles
      03-08-2012 10:47 AM #35
      On another note, it's not my fault that you chose overnight shipping and screwed yourself on the cost.

What exactly do you think I gain by filing a complaint?

The process is simple, I file, you reply, they review. If they agree you misrepresented what you sold me then they will ask me to return them to you at my expense to get my money back.

I lose money, my time is wasted, and you get your crap back at a cost to me.

You act like I'm screwing you here dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast