Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullies

1. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      03-22-2012 11:38 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      I think you're right to a degree about being involved, but freaking high school girls are on a completely different level.
      I'm not sure WTF you are even talking about in the first part.

Regardless of teen girls' mean spirit, not being engaged as a parent can be disastrous.

I never insinuated (but you may have inferred) that being involved fixes the situation, there are too many variables.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      03-22-2012 03:27 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      I'm not sure WTF you are even talking about in the first part.

Sorry it was so confusing to follow what you said.

You said:

Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      If it comes down to a real serious problem. I'd go to the school. Then the parents, I have no problem confronting POS parents.

My daughter's a rock star, I'm sure she'll deal with some issues at some point, but being good at everything appears to be a ticket out of some of these issues.
      Then I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      Dude, girls are incredibly mean. I think you're right to a degree about being involved, but freaking high school girls are on a completely different level.
      I covered 2 points here, 1) high school girls are mean 2) you said you'd be involved by going to the school when/if there were issues so I then said "I think you're right about being involved".

3. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      03-22-2012 03:35 PM #28

4. Member
      03-22-2012 05:32 PM #29
      You guys should threaten each other on Facebook and twitter.

5. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      03-23-2012 08:45 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      You guys should threaten each other on Facebook and twitter.

6. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      04-01-2012 05:51 PM #31
      I think bullies are a necessity in society. The problem with today is that parents are way over protective of their kids and causing their children to react different to bullying.

I was 7 years old and this big tall bully in my class kept picking on me especially I was the only Asian kid in the class. One day he attacked me during recess outside and I simply got tired of him bothering me. So I rammed him in the face with my head and gave him a severe nose bleed. He never bothered me ever since. Of course, I did go to the principal's office and the dean did call my parents but they did say that since the other kid was a known bully I didn't get disciplined.

Today's bullying takes on a different form because we are so connected to internet connected devices and most parents just aren't savvy enough to watch what their kids are doing online. Their kids get bullied online and they simply don't know how to turn away from them and resort to doing stupid things they learned from watching other kids vent online such as suicide or using deadly force with a weapon.

7. 04-03-2012 02:10 PM #32
      I was and always have been the 'skinny kid', underestimated and people initially think it's fun to try to pick on me. Back in the day that worked for them, now, they see otherwise.

I got bullied throughout elementary school, but my 'bullies' also protected me from kids from other classes. Junior Highschool came along and I toughened up...built up my health (always had a weak immune system throughout elementary years), built up my self-confidence, built up my strength [not for malicious reasons however]. By then I began to bully bullies. Then came highschool and I used to beat up people who would mess with my friends, most especially my female friends. I was well known in those days so my friends always pulled me into their drama. Now a days, I don't resort to violence but I let people know that i'm no push-over if they are showing signs of being idiots (especially at my job). Being bullied back in my day (early 90's) taught me to defend myself. My mom always wants to defend me, but I quickly learned that if I allow that to happen, then I won't get far. So I grew up, did my own thing and i'm glad I turned out the way I am.

Anyway, last thing I want is my kids to be bullied, but my lady and I already plan to introduce them to a fighting art, as I and my sister were. I would like my children to be able to know how to hold themselves down but they will absolutely know that mommy and daddy will always be their support if they need it.
      Sega|Saturn

Vehicles
      '13 CSG GTI -2011 Routan SE/RSE - '67 Beetle
      04-03-2012 03:20 PM #33
      So, Friday my son got bullied at School. He is 8 years old. His teacher (female) heard some kids fooling around in the boys bathroom and she asked him to go in and tell them that they need to come out (not sure why she asked a student, but she apologized and told us that it won't happen again). Anyways, when he told the other kids that they had to come out, one of them grabbed him by the neck and pushed him to the ground. The teacher heard more noise and sent the Principal in and he saw the other boy with his hands around my sons neck and holding him to the ground. Apparently this kid has been calling him names and telling him that he doesn't like him for some time but my son has never told us because he was afraid to get anyone in trouble.

Today, this same kid cuts in line in front of my son at recess. He tried standing up to him (which i am proud of him for) but the kid pushed him and then started kicking him….all in front of the Principal again. At least these two instances have occurred in front of the Principal so he knows something is going on, he also told my wife that other kids have had run ins with him as well. The other boy was sent home today for his actions.

My son told us that he doesn't want to go to school tomorrow, though he told us he isn't scared. I feel so bad for him.
      13 CSG Wolfsburg GTI
      11 Routan SE/RSE
      67 Beetle (project car)
      Previous 08 CW R32 # 154 (Traded in 5-29-13) 02 Passat Wagon (Traded in, was such a great car)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12