Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gift and The Curse

Vehicles
      1993 vr6 Corrado, 2000 vr6 Jetta(sold) 1991 g60(sold) 93 BMW 318ti(sold)
      03-24-2012 10:52 PM #36
      So im really trying to figure out why now my parking light on my driver side is not working? It was working fine before i replaced the bulbs with ledsand now

also if you notice in previous pics my fogs which were replaced with hid's were working and now...... NOT idk wtf is going on besides it is a VW but seriously all of the above problems were not a problem a week ago any ideas? the fuse for the fogs are fine. I am gonna check the wiring again. I did not notice a fuse for just the parking light. please correct me if I'm wrong
      Wtb: fmic and piping vr6 Corrado specific please PM me
      WTB: Estyles Headers
      My build thread-->The Gift and The Curse
      If you live in PA and own a Corrado click here-> Pennsylvania's Corrado's
      Shop Spoonfed Tuning for your Corrado essentials

Vehicles
      04-02-2012 12:35 AM #37
      well this weekend i pulled the C into my father in laws garage and tried to fix my passenger side door sriker seriously that can get a lil complicated. My brother came out to have a extra set of hands. needless to say after taking the door apart and getting the handle out the striker just fell out in pieces. I should have did some research before jumping into trying to fix it. But i didn't and while in the middle of trying to fix it I googled it and realized it was something I wasnt sure if I had the hands for so I think I'm gonna call my local shop up and see what they say about fixing it for me. While the door panel was off i figured I'd hook up my front door speakers. Some Infinity's that OP sold with the car. they look like they will be pretty sweet once I hook up my radio. To my suprise the old factoty speakers were still in pretty good shape.

After having no success with acomplishing anything on my car I just wanted to test fit my Kamei grill and grill spoiler. I didn't want to install the grill yet until I can figure out what the problem is with my driver side parking light. But any who I just wanted to share the pic cause i think it looks awesome. I was a lil sketchy at 1st of the mesh grill and all opionions are always appreciated

Also just got in the mail the rest of my parts from Zeblor to finish up some things. I picked up a new rear spindle cause mine was shot. I also picked up a brand new lower front spoiler so i can fix that saggy lip freshen up that front bumper
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-02-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      04-02-2012 08:07 AM #38
      Like the Kamei grill spoiler, I would paint it red tho
      Can't comment on the grill cause its hard to see what it actually looks like from your pic

Have you seen this thread regarding the stricker issue:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...NSTRUCTIONS***

Based on that^^, it doesn't look to difficult to change it...

Car looks good man You need a hood bra now, lol
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 04:04 PM #39
      ^^ My brother was suggesting to me to paint the kamei grill spoiler too, but I think it would look silly painted red with my CF hood I'm just waiting to put the hood on for now.

Yes I did check that thread out the day we were working on it but it was too late. I disnt have the proper tools on me. After you posted this thread I read it again a lil more s l o w e r this time around and it made a heck of a lot more sense. So I'm shooting on trying to fix if tomorrow along with installing that grill spoiler and my lower bumper grill then on Saturday I hope to finish up a couple more things and I will be driving her daily after that.

This weekend or later in the week I'll try to get some better pics of the grill it self. From what I could see I likes the look much better then I thought. I might later on paint part of the rad support black so it's not so noticeable behind the grill. Also I'm gonna look into getting the grill powder coated or painted? I'm not sure yet. I was leaning on getting it powder coated black and installing a fresh new kamei emblem.

Thanks

Tony

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      04-06-2012 01:47 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Tk2g60 View Post
      ^^ My brother was suggesting to me to paint the kamei grill spoiler too, but I think it would look silly painted red with my CF hood I'm just waiting to put the hood on for now.

Yes I did check that thread out the day we were working on it but it was too late. I disnt have the proper tools on me. After you posted this thread I read it again a lil more s l o w e r this time around and it made a heck of a lot more sense. So I'm shooting on trying to fix if tomorrow along with installing that grill spoiler and my lower bumper grill then on Saturday I hope to finish up a couple more things and I will be driving her daily after that.

This weekend or later in the week I'll try to get some better pics of the grill it self. From what I could see I likes the look much better then I thought. I might later on paint part of the rad support black so it's not so noticeable behind the grill. Also I'm gonna look into getting the grill powder coated or painted? I'm not sure yet. I was leaning on getting it powder coated black and installing a fresh new kamei emblem.

Thanks

Tony
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado
      04-06-2012 02:00 AM #41
      Any word on where you got the Grille from?

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 10:26 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Corrado08 View Post
      Any word on where you got the Grille from?
      I got the grill from a member here on vortex who was hording it for years and never got around to putting it on. As far as the PO and I know of its absolutely the only one around. Thats why i paid a lot of $$ for it and also the same reason if I ever get in a situation that I need to put food in my kids mouths I will sell it but as of right now I have no kids and I plan to rock it for a lil while If you or anyone else can find one I would love to know of it. Otherwise I like to say its one of kind

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 10:36 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...NSTRUCTIONS***

Based on that^^, it doesn't look to difficult to change it...

Car looks good man You need a hood bra now, lol
      What a fun filled day I had today Today the the striker was replaced by me and a lil help from my brother and a few I reread this thread you posted here slowly this time and had all the proper tools and got er done. the diy helped a lot, but we had a real hard time getting the pin out. So after drilling and drilling gradually increasing the bit sizes I started getting a lil scared and popped up a help wanted add on the fb group and got some quick suggestions and a lil bit of everyones suggestions I used and completed the job. In the end the only thing a lil different that we did then the diy was after drilling and drilling some more it felt like for ever we practically drilled the whole pin out. then took a push pin and hammered the lil bugger out the rest of the way. here is a pic after the install

after getting it installed it just needed a lil adjusting now she opens up like she was just pulled off the lot 19 years ago. well that is after I lubed her up

Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      04-06-2012 10:38 PM #44
      I got the grill from a member here on vortex who was hording it for years and never got around to putting it on. As far as the PO and I know of its absolutely the only one around. Thats why i paid a lot of $$ for it and also the same reason if I ever get in a situation that I need to put food in my kids mouths I will sell it but as of right now I have no kids and I plan to rock it for a lil while If you or anyone else can find one I would love to know of it. Otherwise I like to say its one of kind
      As a bonus, if your Corrado breaks down you can start a fire and use the mesh of the grille to roast some roadkill. Function>Form

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 10:47 PM #45
      Also today I offically installed the kamei grill spoiler. this thing was brand new and not even a hole drilled into it yet. came in the original packaging also. I had gotten it from the same guy I bought the grill from. the grill isn't bolted in yet cause I still need to get in and around that area to fix some things, but for now I have it sitting in place

hopefully a lil better pic? maybe you can see the grill a lil better now. Aslo just want to mention that I plan on painting part of the rad support black so it's not so noticable.

before all of that I installed black cabrio visors and a balck dome light/ sunroof switch I just purchased from vw sporting. looks sweet It makes me think twice about going with a black headliner now. I think it looks good just with the black visors and switch. we will see though I'm sure ill change my mind I always do

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 10:48 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      As a bonus, if your Corrado breaks down you can start a fire and use the mesh of the grille to roast some roadkill. Function>Form
      LL true! I do lve cooking on the grill

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 12:47 AM #47
      What a fun filled day I had today Today the the striker was replaced by me and a lil help from my brother and a few I reread this thread you posted here slowly this time and had all the proper tools and got er done. the diy helped a lot, but we had a real hard time getting the pin out. So after drilling and drilling gradually increasing the bit sizes I started getting a lil scared and popped up a help wanted add on the fb group and got some quick suggestions and a lil bit of everyones suggestions I used and completed the job. In the end the only thing a lil different that we did then the diy was after drilling and drilling some more it felt like for ever we practically drilled the whole pin out. then took a push pin and hammered the lil bugger out the rest of the way. here is a pic after the install

after getting it installed it just needed a lil adjusting now she opens up like she was just pulled off the lot 19 years ago. well that is after I lubed her up
      Good job buddy

hopefully a lil better pic? maybe you can see the grill a lil better now. Aslo just want to mention that I plan on painting part of the rad support black so it's not so noticable.
      Still not a fan of the meshed grille but to each his own

...before all of that I installed black cabrio visors and a balck dome light/ sunroof switch I just purchased from vw sporting. looks sweet It makes me think twice about going with a black headliner now. I think it looks good just with the black visors and switch. we will see though I'm sure ill change my mind I always do
      Definately black headliner
      I hate it ho mine looks with black visors/dome light and oe "tan-ish" headliner

My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 07:52 PM #48
      Today I replaced my lower bumper grill it looks awesome! Took away all the sagging in the front. Now all I need is a spoonfed 70 mm lip while I had the bumper off I rechecked all my wiring for the hid's to the fog lights. Still couldn't find the problem to be honest I haven't checked my fuses yet, but that is one of my next steps as I plan on replacing all the old withering fuses that are breaking when I previously tried to pull a few out. I also realized how beat up my front bumper is I have a spare black bumper I planned on using later on when I give it a respray. The only thing that worries me will be taking that new lower grill back out with out breaking it

Also today replaced the rear driver side spindle so now I feel like its finally daily ready. Along with adding the 2 rear tone rings and then adjusting the rear coils to a proper ride height. That's is with the stock speedlines and the balloons tht are on them still didn't get the proper alignment but that will hopefully come by the end of te month when she goes in for inspection and run the e brake cable.

I'll post some pics soon of the lower grill and how she is sitting now that she got her as$ end dropped
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-07-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Vehicles
      04-08-2012 09:44 PM #49
      here i some pics of the visors and new domelight/ sunroof switch

New Lower bumper grill I really need a spoonfed lip ohh so soon.

lowered the rear. its 1 1/4'' higher then the front. im sure I'll be adjusting the ride height again when the new wheels are installed.

front

Vehicles
      04-08-2012 09:49 PM #50
      Today I gave her a bath before going out to the family easter gtg and on the way home i decided to do a lil photo shoot
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Vehicles
      04-09-2012 01:45 AM #51
      Looking good buddy. Nice photos

Dye that dome light panel/cover black too and definately get a new lip spoiler

My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 02:08 AM #52
      Looking good buddy. Nice photos

Dye that dome light panel/cover black too and definately get a new lip spoiler

Thanks about the photos I was really happy the way they came out And close to home spot to photo shoot. I hear you on the dome light panel, but if I do that then i'm doing the whole shaabang!! But I'm really debating on black or red headliner then dyed or suede?

New lip spoiler on the way also just ordered from Zeb some new molding for my windshield what's the bang head for u ask it's because the other week I ordered the wind shield gasket for like 70ish and now the 2 out of 3 winshiesld trim pieces was 80
      A piece and the piece I didn't need was around 20ish damn! But like my sig says "u gotta pay to play" honestly though no matter what Zeb is the king of getting the parts you need when U need them, All fuc^*ng day!! If u need parts I'll hook you up with his info
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-10-2012 at 11:21 AM.

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado
      04-10-2012 04:14 AM #53
      Oh. Haha. Sounds cool. I'll keep my eyes open for anything that comes up. It's BEAUTIFUL though. Straight reppin' Euro.

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 08:50 AM #54
      ...If u need parts I'll hook you up with his info
      Lol man, I already know Zeb
      He doesn't ship overseas tho...

I have my resources here in Europe too, so don't you worry about me
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 11:18 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Corrado08 View Post
      Oh. Haha. Sounds cool. I'll keep my eyes open for anything that comes up. It's BEAUTIFUL though. Straight reppin' Euro.
      ^^

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 11:27 AM #56
      Lol man, I already know Zeb
      He doesn't ship overseas tho...

I have my resources here in Europe too, so don't you worry about me
      Lmao. I was typing too fast last night I meant to write it for "anyone" in general who is in need of hard to find parts

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 10:28 PM #57
      ^^ damn it, spam artist I get enough spam in my email and now here too

Anywho, just wanted to update that today I officially ordered a spoonfed 70mm lip and should be picking my car up from the exhaust shop in the morning. I can't wait to hear her growling I would love to post a video up when I get a chance. Can I get a lil advice on how to post a video? To be honest I just finally figured out how to put the pics up properly the day I started this thread :/

Vehicles
      94 GSX bone stock,92 Slc OBD2 vrt gear eater, A3
      04-10-2012 11:48 PM #58
      Photobucket works or you can upload to youtube
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      The only idea VW ever had that was dumber than Aktiv was the G-Lader.

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 12:20 AM #59
      So I picked up my car from the exhaust shop finally after it being there for 3 days. But it was well worth the wait, cause on my way home I had a huge smile on my face it sounds sooo sexC!! The only thing that is a lil annoying was the rear ash tray rattling like crazy

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 12:22 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by skaterazn View Post
      Photobucket works or you can upload to youtube
      I will try and figure this out soon! I've never tried to dL a video before.

Vehicles
      94 GSX bone stock,92 Slc OBD2 vrt gear eater, A3
      04-13-2012 12:40 AM #61
      3 days? Wtf? It took my fabricator less than a day to get my custom dp back done.... During the superbowl
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      The only idea VW ever had that was dumber than Aktiv was the G-Lader.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      Corrado
      04-13-2012 12:55 AM #62
      You use Facebook, right? Unload there, copy URL and then click video icon in the "reply" window. Paste URL.
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up
      MSD 12v VR6 coilpack setup/components For Sale: Here
      Other items for sale: Sparco, VR6 HVAC box, VR6 radiators, Mocal Oil Cooler: Here

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 01:29 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by skaterazn View Post
      3 days? Wtf? It took my fabricator less than a day to get my custom dp back done.... During the superbowl
      I know that's what was going through my head too. But this is the way it went down. I dropped my car off and they didn't get it in til towards the end of the day. The were In contact with me asking me about cutting a lil piece of my bumper off on the inside so the muffler could sit properly. They sent me some pics via text. Then they left the car up in the air over night. As I asked them to keep it in the shop locked up over night. The next day they bent some pipe welded on the muffler and dropped it dwn. They realized because of the car being too low that the piping was sitting on the rear axle beam. So the next day I'm waiting for a call to go pick it up. I finally decided to call them and they tell me they have to redo the bend so it will sit properly. Taking me to the 3rd day and them telling me it wasn't going to be done till the end of the day cause they couldnt get it on the lift that was designated for lowered cars cause they had a bunch of bs projects going on. So I told him I'd pick it up after work, which I get out at 11 pm. I told him to keep the keys and lock it up cause I have spares. I'll keep my truck there and pick it up in the morn along with the stock exhaust I plan to resell. So I get there and my door is unlocked and speaker grill is missing off the door panel. I find the speaker grill on the passenger seat lil mad but no biggie since I have a hard time putting that grill back on myself I figured they just didn't want to break it. Either way like I said I'm happy with the way it sounds and it was worth the wait. I understand some unexpected things can happen. But why he didn't understand was I had a hard time sleeping for the past couple nights. But all is said and done now and my car sounds so awesome. So I guess it is what it is and now all I need is a proper alignment befor show n go
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-13-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 01:32 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      You use Facebook, right? Unload there, copy URL and then click video icon in the "reply" window. Paste URL.
      Facebook seems like the easiest route. I just want something thAt will stay up for along time. As this record of my time, money, and memories recorded here I want to last my lifetime I hate jumping on someone's thread and finding pics and videos that no longer exist

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 05:06 PM #65
      https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...20fc887c361ba8

I'll give it a whirl sound so awesome

EDIT so I was getting feedback that the ^^above link I was sitting the camera too close to the car. So I tried again a little further away this time. FYI this is off my iPhone. It all I have access to right now.
      https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...28a86c4c8e7366
      Last edited by Tk2g60; 04-13-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado
      04-13-2012 05:08 PM #66
      https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...20fc887c361ba8

I'll give it a whirl sound so awesome
      Sounds great

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 05:11 PM #67
      Sounds great
      thanks man! You shoulda seen my friends faces at work when I flew by today it was priceless

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 06:47 PM #68
      so today I ran into a bit of a road block on my plans to make it out to show n go. My agenda today was install my head unit and new rear speakers, before 2 o'clock. Then I was gonna head down to my buddy Mason's shop to give my car a proper alignment.

Well this is how it went down. My brother comes over and we headed out to best buy to pick up a wiring harness and the new speakers. On our way out we took the rado cause he wanted to hear my exhaust that was just installed. On our way out we were trying to diagnose if we could here a misfiring or not. It really isn't that noticeable at first but more and more it seemed like it was getting a lil worse.

So we get back and install the head unit. It doesn't fit flush yet because of all the wiring back there. I have yet to take a look at it first hand. My brother was wiring up the stereo while I was taking the rear panels off to get to the rear speakers. Well needless to say I had it all apart and put the 4x6 pioneer 3ways in and they don't fit properly. So I needed a demel to do some modifying. First I just tried to trim down the lil stubs so the magnet of the speaker could sit flush. That ended up not being enough so I went ahead and cut out enough space to make the speakers sit proper.

Then on out to my buds shop to get the alignment done. A lil hard cause of how low my car is sitting
      After the alignment we went out for a test drive and Mason says "yep I definetly think your miss firing" so we pulled it back in the shop and the first plug we pulled from the coil pack there was no spark. So guess its time for a new coil pack and plugs and wires.

Just when I thought all the important stuff was taking care of and I'm spending money on non sence things that won't help my car run any better or faster this sh!+ happens. but like I keep telling my self once I fix this it will be good to go. So I can only hope.......... But if that happens then it wouldn't be the never ending story now would it

Vehicles
      04-15-2012 01:04 AM #69
      ...Just when I thought all the important stuff was taking care of and I'm spending money on non sence things that won't help my car run any better or faster this sh!+ happens. but like I keep telling my self once I fix this it will be good to go. So I can only hope.......... But if that happens then it wouldn't be the never ending story now would it
      The only way to achieve this^^ is by taking the whole car apart as soon as you buy it and replace EVERYTHING, and I mean Everything (do everything at once)...then it probably won't break down again Don't forget, these are 20+ years old cars
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

35. Member
      Vehicles
      93 corrad SLC
      04-15-2012 03:41 PM #70
      Sweet thread maybe one day I'll get around to making one of mine! good luck bro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast