Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: no fuel to the injectors of the race car

1. 03-07-2012 02:30 PM #1
      hello every body i have a vw mk2 golf 1.8 16v kr engine ,i made it for hillclimb and since october from las year i didnt start the engine , in a moth its a rally that they let me race so today i tryed to star the engine and nothing check the ignition , its ok , fuel to the plate ok , and i have the 5th injector whith a botton inside the car and if a press the bottona few times the car looks like it whant to start but stops so i check the injectors and no one its working all of the stuck , and if i desconect the hose from a injector and open the sonda plate it pumps fuel but i put another injector and nothing i tried to change them from position and nothink .

I hope some one have an idea of the problem , thanks for reading , and sorry about my inglish i now its not perfect , thanks for your time

regards louis

Vehicles
      golf CL 91 swap 16vT
      03-07-2012 05:56 PM #2
      i suggest you to take off the inyectors and washhh em give em some litlte kicks til they are clean

3. 03-07-2012 06:05 PM #3
      i tried to clean a few of them i dont if i can push some air to them whit the air compresor , but i will try again , thanks for the help

Vehicles
      77 rabbit 2door (16v swap in progress) 95 jetta aba 5speed daily
      03-07-2012 08:13 PM #4
      try soaking them in seafoam fuel injector cleaner?

or some sort of chemical solvent

carb clean in a closed container? (so it doesn't dry up)

This is probably a bad idea and i have never done it

the chemistry student in me says pour some vineger in the fuel injector with them OFF THE CAR to dissolve any corrosion ( oxides of various sorts are reduced to gasses when exposed to acids)

This could introduce more corrosion or worsen what's there so beware

let it sit about about 5 minutes

then heat a bit (reactions happen about twice as fast when temps are raised as little as 10 degrees)

sit for like ten more minutes

rinse with lots of cold water

I mean TONS this is get the vinegar out and neutralize the surface of the injector

then carb clean and seafoam so they don't get corroded again

try to start it up.

I have never done that before, but it seems worth a try if nothing else works and you're looking at buying new injectors.
      Last edited by broke..; 03-07-2012 at 08:19 PM.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

5. 03-08-2012 06:07 AM #5
      thanks i will try this today , i never tried whith vinegar hahaha , thanks for the help

6. 03-09-2012 08:40 AM #6
      now hahaha the car start but sounds lazy , and dont do more than 3000rpm , dont now if its geting enough fuel

Vehicles
      77 rabbit 2door (16v swap in progress) 95 jetta aba 5speed daily
      03-09-2012 03:14 PM #7
      what did you do to the injectors to get them to work?

And change your fuel filter and put some fresh gas and an octane booster/fuel injector cleaner in there.

Change the fuel filter before you use the injector cleaner though, so you don't send crap into the fuel distro from the possibly crap saturated fuel filter.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams