Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 3 Gage Pod or Not

1. 03-08-2012 01:52 PM #1
      On jan 12 2012 I placed a order for a 2012 Turbo Beetle with Sat sound and Nav White with black and red int, 19" wheels and xenon, I was told then by the dealer that the 3 Gage Pod was not orderable, So I placed My order W/O 3 gage pod, was told my dealer it would take at least 4 to 5 months to get car. The ? Is will the car be shipped with or without gage pod if I do nothing and wait for car to show. The whole after 42 week 3 gage pod build has got me confused. ????

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-08-2012 01:57 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by St1300 View Post
      On jan 12 2012 I placed a order for a 2012 Turbo Beetle with Sat sound and Nav White with black and red int, 19" wheels and xenon, I was told then by the dealer that the 3 Gage Pod was not orderable, So I placed My order W/O 3 gage pod, was told my dealer it would take at least 4 to 5 months to get car. The ? Is will the car be shipped with or without gage pod if I do nothing and wait for car to show. The whole after 42 week 3 gage pod build has got me confused. ????
      At the tail end of 2011 I was told by VW HQ (800-822-8987) that all Turbo Beetles built
      after week 45 of 2011 would have the 3 gauge pod. If, since then, something has affected
      parts supply, you should ask them. You might want to get clarification regarding the 'sport
      suspension' as well. Last I heard was that 70% of the cars coming off the line would not have
      it, with 30% having it. Whether it can be specified on the order before the car is built, I don't
      know.

3. 03-08-2012 02:14 PM #3
      From what I was told mt Beetle Turbo built in Feb and in Transit DOES NOT have the Gauges, but will have Sport Suspension and Zenon........Harvey

Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue Turbo Beetle; '08 Honda Element
      03-08-2012 02:51 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ridgemanron View Post
      You might want to get clarification regarding the 'sport
      suspension' as well. Last I heard was that 70% of the cars coming off the line would not have
      it, with 30% having it. Whether it can be specified on the order before the car is built, I don't
      know.
      Post week 42 (October 9 of 2011), the Comfort Suspension is standard on all Turbos. The option code for the Sport Suspension is 2UC and unless ordered either by the dealer as part of his allotment or on a custom order, it will NOT have it.

03-08-2012 04:17 PM #5
      Welcome to the forum, St1300.

Bill
      2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI/DSG White Launch Edition
      2012 A3 2.0 TDI/DSG White S-Line Premium

6. 03-09-2012 12:47 PM #6
      If you order a car to day can you get the 3 Gage Pod or is it still unorderable ???

7. 03-09-2012 12:48 PM #7
      If you order a car today can you get the 3 Gage Pod or is it still unorderable ???

Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue Turbo Beetle; '08 Honda Element
      03-09-2012 01:43 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by St1300 View Post
      If you order a car today can you get the 3 Gage Pod or is it still unorderable ???
      It's a hell of a question that no one seems to have clear answer on.

Fact: Some arriving vehicles are still arriving with the $150.00 credit
      Fact: Some are arriving with the 3-gague pod
      Fact: as of January they were NOT ORDERABLE by the dealers per VW.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-09-2012 04:13 PM #9
      And if the pod and gauges ever reach 'parts' later on, the price that has been bandied about
      is at or near $700. Don't know what the labor would be.

10. 03-09-2012 04:59 PM #10
      So of you order a loaded turbo today you have to order it without the 3 gauge pod, But when it's. Built 4 months from now it may or may not come with a 3 gauge pod But should come with a 3 gauge pod because it's. Built after week 45, But if it don't have 3 gauge pod you can order it from parts for $700+ But they give you a $150 credit WTF
      This crazy
      Now I'm really confused

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-09-2012 07:22 PM #11
      Since the pod availability info came to the surface via VW HQ (800-822-8987) when they
      stated (at the time last year) that pods would be on all cars from week 45 going forward.
      If this is no longer the case, then they at VW HQ should be able to tell you.

03-09-2012 08:31 PM #12
      ...they at VW HQ should be able to tell you.
      Oh, you are a funny guy, Ron.

Bill
      2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI/DSG White Launch Edition
      2012 A3 2.0 TDI/DSG White S-Line Premium

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle?
      03-12-2012 12:04 AM #13
      The word my dealer used was "discontinued". Seems odd that you can discontinue something that was never really in production in the first place, so I asked him, does that mean unavailable now but possibly available in the future, or never to be available? Will never be available was his reply. Now keep in mind this was coming from a guy trying to sell me a car without a gauge pod. I did buy the car reasoning that it didn't make sense to wait indefinitely for something that may never become available, and if by chance it ever did I could add it to the car later. My guess is that they encountered an unforeseen supply shortage and when a few did start trickling in the price had gone up. I predict they will become optional equipment, possibly bundled with a 19" rims/bi-xenon headlight/sport suspension package, maybe on the 2013 models--only a guess though.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-12-2012 05:57 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by UTE View Post
      Oh, you are a funny guy, Ron.

Bill
      Keep in mind that nothing concerning the pod being in the Turbo Beetle, after the
      $150 credit was stated to be the case in all cars, was known until VW HQ told me
      about 'week 45 - going forward' being the re-introduction of the pod to cars being
      built. My car did fall into this category, for it has the pod, but it seems that a halt
      on the installation of the pod was then instituted again.....perhaps due to a shortage
      of them coming from a Japanese supply source? This source was never fully expanded
      about but the 'head honcho' at my dealership did believe this to be the case. If, again,
      the installation is going to begin, or has begun, VW HQ (800-822-8987) is the only
      source of information that will probably be able to supply it......as they did in the past.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      03-12-2012 11:44 AM #15
      Keep in mind that nothing concerning the pod being in the Turbo Beetle, after the
      $150 credit was stated to be the case in all cars, was known until VW HQ told me
      about 'week 45 - going forward' being the re-introduction of the pod to cars being
      built. My car did fall into this category, for it has the pod, but it seems that a halt
      on the installation of the pod was then instituted again.....perhaps due to a shortage
      of them coming from a Japanese supply source? This source was never fully expanded
      about but the 'head honcho' at my dealership did believe this to be the case. If, again,
      the installation is going to begin, or has begun, VW HQ (800-822-8987) is the only
      source of information that will probably be able to supply it......as they did in the past.
      Was left on hold for a long spell but then was told that Turbo Beetles built beginning in
      January are being fitted with the 3 gauge pod. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for
      you 'guys' waiting on orders.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 NB Turbo Sport ; 2010 NB Red Rock; 2012 Beetle-Base-RedTurbo
      03-12-2012 11:57 AM #16
      Was left on hold for a long spell but then was told that Turbo Beetles built beginning in
      January are being fitted with the 3 gauge pod. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for
      you 'guys' waiting on orders.
      Thanks!!! This is a good sign in two ways: (1) the 3 gauge pod should be on my car, and (2) production of the beetle is back! Yeah...so five more months and I should have my september ordered beetle

17. 03-12-2012 03:22 PM #17
      I don't know but I was told that MY Beetle Turbo Built late Feb does NOThave the Pod--------and I wouldn't believe one thing VW Headquarters says......nothing personal, but they have not been right yet...Harvey

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 NB Turbo Sport ; 2010 NB Red Rock; 2012 Beetle-Base-RedTurbo
      03-12-2012 03:44 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
      I don't know but I was told that MY Beetle Turbo Built late Feb does NOThave the Pod--------and I wouldn't believe one thing VW Headquarters says......nothing personal, but they have not been right yet...Harvey
      The one other thing I have noticed is that on cars.com and autotrader.com the MANUAL turbos with pictures posted all have them, but the AUTOMATIC turbos with pictures do not have them.