Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: idley tentionner pulley

1. 03-08-2012 08:20 PM #1
      hi, i know there is a tread about that , and i followed it, and thanks a lot for the nice and easy work for the diy serpentine pulley removing and lubrificating the bearing inside .
      but here my problem : i was earing this song like a strap song so i followed the diy, i removed the pulley tentionner, and put some greese inside the bearing on the 2 side, but in the middle, i did not put greese , and before all of that i have clean the entine serpentine tentionner with brake cleaner.
      and now i ear a siling noise like a strap but its very high than it was.
      does its because i did not put greese in the middle of the bearing and i have clean it with a paper. that why i ear the siling noise again ?
      thank a lot in advance sorry for my poor english

Vehicles
      99.5 A4 Jetta VR6 5M, Bright Pearl Green
      03-08-2012 10:07 PM #2
      try regreasing the whole thing over,,,like the DIY says. If that doesnt work you probably need a new serpentine tensioner,,,the whole part.

3. 03-09-2012 04:57 PM #3
      alright thank a lot for th einformations, i took my car today , and it did not make any noise,,,,, pretty weird....
      wanted to look at the pump pulley bearing, but its a job, and i have no leak , so no sing that my prestone leak. so im pretty sure its the bearing again.
      but like i said, i took my car today to go work, to go eat at 12, and i just took it again to come back to home, and no noise. i give you a repply if i have another noise,.
      thank for the reply i appreaciate it

Vehicles
      99.5 A4 Jetta VR6 5M, Bright Pearl Green
      03-09-2012 07:44 PM #4
      Thats good , hope it works out.,no need to apologize for the english, I wish I could understand more than one language as well as you

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta VR6 12v 2000 Ford F250 Diesel 4x4 2007 Ford Focus 1982 Ford F250 1956 Willys
      03-09-2012 08:35 PM #5
      I have found that while greasing a bearing will cut the noise, the damage is already there and you will be replacing it eventually.