Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New family vehicle...?

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      03-12-2012 04:06 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post

They were NOT old, NOT bald, and NOT damaged in any way. I looked it up and they were the "lower rolling resistance" series that are supposedly designed for better mileage. They sucked on my wife's corolla, too.
      I want to see your wife's corolla on big ol' off road tires!

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      Oh hell, aren't you in california? does it even rain where you are?
      Supposed to rain non-stop for the next week. After it's been spring-like since January. Driving tomorrow is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Keep in mind that titleist is Asian and needs any driving assistance he can get.
      First mod: Curb Feelers!

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      03-13-2012 11:07 AM #27
      my brother has had a Xterra for a while.
      he likes it... but its just him and his wife.

he has mentioned that the fuel mileage is pretty poor. not sure how it compares to its class though.

edit:
      i just went looking, the 07 Xterra gets about 17mpg combined. lower then i was expecting.
      Last edited by dunhamjr; 03-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache - Bing Rewards

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

03-17-2012 06:49 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by titleist1976 View Post
      Which Michelins did you buy? I'll have to keep that in mind in about 10k miles the way they are being driven now.
      Just looked. Latitude Tour for lifted minivans.

4. 03-25-2012 09:27 PM #29
      Don't know if its too late or not, but we had an 04 Xterra a couple of years ago and I can echo what everyone else is saying. Less than expected room, and bad gas mileage, plus im a bigger guy and the front seat was always cramped for me. Other than that I did like it quite a bit, especially since ours was 4wd.

I would suggest a minivan. They really are very nice as well as practical.

5. 03-26-2012 08:17 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenWagen View Post
      Don't know if its too late or not, but we had an 04 Xterra a couple of years ago and I can echo what everyone else is saying. Less than expected room, and bad gas mileage, plus im a bigger guy and the front seat was always cramped for me. Other than that I did like it quite a bit, especially since ours was 4wd.

Picked up a really nice looking, very clean, 2005 Xterra. I'm a little guy (5'6 180 lbs). Yes, the fuel mileage has me a little down but I really like the truck. I still haven't put a car seat in it yet but a guy from work who has triplets says the truck is a little tight with all 3 kids (carseats) but with 2 it seems to be just fine.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 11:55 AM #31
      i understand why you would suggest this, but very few people need a minivan with only a single kid.

we are having a kid in June AND we have two 50# dogs already. we still won't be getting a minivan.

we will somehow soldier on with out 2004 Passat Wagon.
      epitome

7. 03-26-2012 12:20 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      i understand why you would suggest this, but very few people need a minivan with only a single kid.

we are having a kid in June AND we have two 50# dogs already. we still won't be getting a minivan.

we will somehow soldier on with out 2004 Passat Wagon.
      Very few people also need a 50" inch television. Van's are freaking comfortable!!! My fiancee is really wanting a new car and we will be buying in a year or two, im really pushing her to get a Routan and we only have a 10 month old. She's not too thrilled about a van, but im working on her. Honestly I don't want to drive it everyday, because it's a van, but it would be ok if she did.

I long to be lounging in the back watching a DVD with the baby, while she makes the 6 hour drive to visit family.

Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      03-27-2012 01:49 PM #33
      Had baby #3 about 8 months ago and promptly went out and bought a Yukon XL.

Three rows of seats keeps the peace, and you can haul all of your sh*t without issue.

Mileage isn't stellar (19-20 highway), but it's worth every penny.
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 01:52 PM #34
      Very few people also need a 50" inch television. Van's are freaking comfortable!!! My fiancee is really wanting a new car and we will be buying in a year or two, im really pushing her to get a Routan and we only have a 10 month old. She's not too thrilled about a van, but im working on her. Honestly I don't want to drive it everyday, because it's a van, but it would be ok if she did.

I long to be lounging in the back watching a DVD with the baby, while she makes the 6 hour drive to visit family.
      i understand your thoughts i guess.

but current model minivans are freakin huge, making them a chore to drive around for daily duties and not all that fuel efficient. not to mention nowhere near cheap to purchase.

where as you CAN get a 50 inch HDTV for $500
      Last edited by dunhamjr; 03-28-2012 at 01:12 AM.
      epitome

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI, 2015 Sienna
      03-27-2012 11:56 PM #35
      on the minivan idea, get a Mazda 5, it's actually mini

of course, the brand new ones are hideous, but the previous generation were nice

11. 04-21-2012 09:24 PM #36
      Almost 1 month to the day that I bought the Xterra, I took it back and traded it in on a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT. The Xterra got 15 mpg, the Forester average 21 mpg and it's got less miles, has a better owner/care history, has enough cargo space for us and is quicker than hell when you step on it. We're much more satisfied with the Subaru.

12. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      04-25-2012 01:59 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      Almost 1 month to the day that I bought the Xterra, I took it back and traded it in on a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT. The Xterra got 15 mpg, the Forester average 21 mpg and it's got less miles, has a better owner/care history, has enough cargo space for us and is quicker than hell when you step on it. We're much more satisfied with the Subaru.
      Awesome car, I'm sure it's a lot quicker than most cars on the street. Xterra handles like the leaning Pisa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12