VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

APR Presents: North American TT RS 2.5 TFSI ECU Upgrade!

32K views 208 replies 31 participants last post by  Arin@APR 
#1 · (Edited)

Product Page

APR is pleased to present the ultimate ECU Upgrade for the Audi TT RS and
RS3 2.5 TFSI. After months of long nights and many hours of testing, development
and more testing, we are pleased to offer you an ECU recalibration that is
second to none. APR's extensive research and development provides you
with a powerful ECU Upgrade with no loss of drivability or reliability. Expect
tremendous increases in power and torque across the entire power band,
improved throttle response and a smoother, more powerful top end.

The 2.5 TFSI's engine management presented new challenges to the
Engineering Teams at APR in the form of new control strategies for
torque management. Significant time was spent researching these new
strategies to properly request more load and therefore more boost in the
lower end of the power band. The results were simple, a torque curve that
crushes the competition and delivers a rush of power like no other in the industry.

The Audi 2.5 TFSI ECU Upgrade is an expertly recalibrated engine control
strategy that remaps boost, timing, air fuel ratios and other engine
management paramaters to provide smooth and reliable power as if intended
by the OEM. APR's ECU Upgrade is developed to work within the OEM
and Tier 1 Supplier specifications for engine component stress tolerances
and performance specifications. APR's ECU Upgrades are available in
octane specific versions to allow you to take full advantage of the fuel
quality available in your area.

APR’s Motorsport Left Foot Braking feature is now available allowing customers
more control over their vehicle’s throttle. Under normal operation, throttle
input is disabled while pressing the accelerator and brake at the same time,
however this may be undesirable for those looking to get the most out of their
vehicles performance on the track. Enabling the left foot braking feature, the
driver will have complete control over the vehicle’s throttle and braking system,
which may give the edge he or she needs at the track.

Stage I ECU Upgrade

Not only does our Stage I ECU Upgrade give you higher peak numbers of
414 horsepower and 430 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up to 73 horsepower
and 79 lb-ft are available at lower RPMs! APR's ECU Upgrade is the best
power per dollar modification for the new 2.5 TFSI and gives it just the extra
edge these cars lack from the factory without pushing the limits. With factory
like smoothness and drivability APR's ECU Upgrade will fill the void in an
otherwise excellent car.

Click here for figures measured at the front wheels on our in house Dynapack Dyno:
Dyno Chart

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade Calibration Report

Stock
As Reported by Audi AG
338 HP
332 TQ

Stock
As Reported by Audi USA
360 HP
343 TQ

Stock
As Measured by APR
375 HP
365 TQ

93 (R+M)/2 Octane
414 HP
430 HP
+73 HP @ 4,900 RPM
+79 TQ @ 4,900 RPM

Application Guide

All North American TT RS 2.5 TFSI 6MT's
All ROW TT RS 2.5 TFSI 6MT's or S-Tronic's
All ROW RS3 2.5 TFSI 6MT's or S-Tronic's

Available Octane Modes
91 (R+M)/2 - North America
93 (R+M)/2 - North America
100 (R+M)/2 - North America
95 RON - Rest of World
98 RON - Rest of World
104 RON - Rest of World

US Price:

$899

Please check with your local importer if you are outside of the US for pricing in your country.

All updates are available throught the ODB-II port at APR dealers (unless flashed back to stock).

North American and Tuning Protected Software Availability - At this time, all North
American and Tuning Protected ECU's must be sent to APR to be flashed. APR
anticipated availability at APR Dealers world wide as early as April 2012

Product Page
Order Form
Dealer Locator
Follow us on Facebook

APR LLC
4800 Highway 280 West
Opelika, AL 36830

+1 (334) 502-5181

GO APR!

See less See more
#60 ·
<applause>

The price is great.

The results are great.

And without a doubt...the service and support will be great.

:screwy:

If I would be willing to pay $600 for a GTI tune....then $1500 for the TTRS would be justifiable. Biggest plus being that it is a trustworthy tune.

#61 ·
The price is great.

The results are great.

And without a doubt...the service and support will be great.

:screwy:

If I would be willing to pay $600 for a GTI tune....then $1500 for the TTRS would be justifiable. Biggest plus being that it is a trustworthy tune.
:) It's actually only $899, but I'm willing to make an exception and raise the price if that's what you want! ;) ;) ;) ;)

#68 ·
So has anyone here done this yet? Lots of folks said they had money burning a hole in their pocket but haven't heard anyone's impressions yet.
My local dealer told me late last week they now have the new tuning hardware "station" but will not have the TT-RS specific adaptors for "several months" still. They have offered to R and R the ECU at their shop and send to APR, going to check today to see how much that would add to the cost.

#72 ·
My local dealer told me late last week they now have the new tuning hardware "station" but will not have the TT-RS specific adaptors for "several months" still.
Anxious for the reflash but not going to remove the ECU due to method reqired, will just have to wait. BUT, Arin, is "several months" mas accurate?

#77 ·
I'm feeling better already. Talked to the "other" APR dealer in town and he told me if I'll wait until they get all the necessary tools, he'll waive any labors and give me a "special" deal for being their guinea pig on a new model. Arin, please get the rest of the hardware out soon okay?

#87 ·
Two questions, then:

1. Does the timing chain ECU update (I'm sure you've seen the thread) conflict with the APR flash? Should effected users get the ECU update first, then get an APR flash? Or will the APR flash overwrite the existing code?

2. When can we expect the TTRS RSC exhaust to ship?

Danke!

- Jeremy -

#88 ·
Two questions, then:

1. Does the timing chain ECU update (I'm sure you've seen the thread) conflict with the APR flash? Should effected users get the ECU update first, then get an APR flash? Or will the APR flash overwrite the existing code?
You'll need to direct me to the thread, I don't know what this is.

2. When can we expect the TTRS RSC exhaust to ship?

Danke!

- Jeremy -
I believe April.

#90 ·
If you're vehicle calls for an updated flash from Audi, just get it and then go get flashed by APR. Otherwise, if you get the flash, and are flashed over by audi, just come on back and we'll give you the latest updates for free (since you already bought the flash).

#95 · (Edited)
Arin,

I had my TTRS booked in for a stage 1 flash next Tuesday and have now been told by the dealer that APR is not allowing them to flash just yet. He initially thought that he had received all the new tools but he doesn't have the "additional CCD for programming with the UPD which has not been released yet". Is this the tool that is scheduled to be available by April?

Cheers,

Joe

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?svqi12

#100 ·
Thats me!

Guys, for those in doubt, don't look at the figures at redline and make assumptions.
This program completely changes the car into an ANIMAL. Somewhere between 2500-3000rpm's you get forcibly held into your seat, and you really have to watch the tach as redline will come on way faster than you remember.

I've had 2 quick tests of the changes:

*Mexico test track*
40-140 vs a good friend of mine with a 11sec F-Body. (Traps between 117-118).
He had some traction issues down low, but could never close any distance. Needless to say, he was FLOORED that it was just a 2.5L with a "canned" tune.

*Local 1/4 mile track*
3 Quick passes at a local drag strip that opened for a few hours on the first day of spring. During this, I learned 2 things: 1. I have no idea how to launch this car (B8 DSG Spoiled Me). 2. Wheel hop sucks. Anyway, ended up with 12.4 @ 115.7 w/ high 1.9 60's. :banghead: I was tempted to put a ringer in the seat and see 11's & prob another 1-2mph, but 1/4 mile performance isn't really a priority for me, and only go maybe once a year to hang out with friends.

I found both results to be very positive given a tune & 93 octane pump gas and in the 70's.
I'm working on doing something about the primary cat, and trying some race gas on 93 octane mode until APR gets me the program switching functions. I'm really happy with the trap speed given 93 and the crappy driver.

You seriously won't believe it is the same car when it adapts!

Thanks Again Arin!

#111 ·
Arin, what's the deal with the "Left Foot Brake" feature? APR's website mentions that the stock software disables throttle when brake is applied. Am I reading that right? It seems that I can brake and blip the throttle fine. What exactly does this feature do, and is included with the software upgrade?

#117 ·
Might have already been answered, but if I ship my ECU overnight to APR, does APR pay to overnight it back to me or is that an additional cost? Might have to garage my car for a few days to get in on the sale!

#122 ·
More important to me is the program switching. I love what APR stands for, but the switching seems to be a core need for me. GIAC is currently offering it, and I am finding myself more and more interested.

Is this realistically going to happen in the next month or so?

#128 ·
We would like to thank APR for making our day today, it was an amazing experience. Everyone we talked to was polite and professional (special thanks to Ryan), must say, it is a pleasure doing business with you.
As far as the tune, we drove mostly on the highway, but had a chance to feel the power getting from the on-ramp to the highway.......honestly the on-ramps are to long now, half way through the ramp I saw triple digits...:)
Leaving APR made me feel like I have new car again:)
Within next few days we will enjoy Tail of the Dragon, by then we will have a better feeling of the new tune:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.