Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 209

    Thread: APR Presents: North American TT RS 2.5 TFSI ECU Upgrade!

    1. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-22-2012 02:51 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      Anxious for the reflash but not going to remove the ECU due to method reqired, will just have to wait. BUT, Arin, is "several months" mas accurate?
      We anticipate it will be ready at the dealers in April.

      The ECU will need to come out no matter where you go unfortunately.

      We do replace the security screws with brand new ones if your vehicle has any!
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,002
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      03-22-2012 02:58 PM #77
      I'm feeling better already. Talked to the "other" APR dealer in town and he told me if I'll wait until they get all the necessary tools, he'll waive any labors and give me a "special" deal for being their guinea pig on a new model. Arin, please get the rest of the hardware out soon okay?
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

    3. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-22-2012 02:59 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      I'm feeling better already. Talked to the "other" APR dealer in town and he told me if I'll wait until they get all the necessary tools, he'll waive any labors and give me a "special" deal for being their guinea pig on a new model. Arin, please get the rest of the hardware out soon okay?
      We are working on it every day to make it seamless and perfect for our dealers!
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    4. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2011
      Location
      Scottsdale, AZ
      Posts
      261
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      03-22-2012 03:44 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      I asked the local dealer for a quote and was told $899 for the software, 1 hour labor @ $105 for ECU R and R, plus tax, plus shipping to and from APR HQ. That's $1086 plus whatever the shipping is. A quick quote from UPS for insured overnight delivery back and forth is about $174! Yikes. At $1260 it will become perhaps the world's most expensive Stage I flash. I would really like to try it out but to be honest I'm balking at the cost.
      Look at it this way - how much would it cost to gain almost 40hp otherwise? People spend twice that amount for an exhaust that may gain 10hp on a good day and may actually lose torque. For the performance gain, it's very inexpensive. And about half the cost of an ECU flash on a 911 turbo.

      For my Cayman R, an ECU flash runs about $1300 and advertises 15hp gain.

      Like Einstein said - it's all relative.

    5. Member LongviewTx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 1999
      Location
      Longview, Texas
      Posts
      1,306
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-22-2012 05:13 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      None are. As stated, ECU's must be sent to APR for flashing until dealers get the tools to flash in house. We anticipate in house flashing in April.
      ok sorry, i was still under the impression that the above was going to be my perfered method. if the ecu has to be removed regardless and opened to facilitate the reflash, then i guess i should have already removed and ups'd to ALABAMA (hear forrest gump saying this to the evil berkley hippie).
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

      Audi CNA Member # 44937

      *** AUDIos Muchachos ***

    6. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-22-2012 05:28 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      ok sorry, i was still under the impression that the above was going to be my perfered method. if the ecu has to be removed regardless and opened to facilitate the reflash, then i guess i should have already removed and ups'd to ALABAMA (hear forrest gump saying this to the evil berkley hippie).
      Yeah, it unfortunately needs to be opened either way.

      BTW first thing I did when I moved down here was look for Greenbow, Alabama. I don't think it exists.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    7. Member LongviewTx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 1999
      Location
      Longview, Texas
      Posts
      1,306
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-22-2012 05:50 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Yeah, it unfortunately needs to be opened either way.

      BTW first thing I did when I moved down here was look for Greenbow, Alabama. I don't think it exists.
      hah!

      so, i am going to a track event this weekend to learn how to defeat the evil 911.

      when i return, the ecu is coming out. i do not want to wait any longer. just thought OBD II flash port was on much cleaner and safer method. and that's all i have to say about that.
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

      Audi CNA Member # 44937

      *** AUDIos Muchachos ***

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2003
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      1,306
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      03-23-2012 07:38 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Yeah, it unfortunately needs to be opened either way.
      So, the ECU is opened?

      Anyway, I'm a little spooked by the whole oil pump chain noise thing. If I'm gonna need any engine work or new Audi ECU software, I'd wait before I got the APR flash.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)

    9. Member michalborz's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2004
      Location
      Edison, NJ
      Posts
      755
      Vehicles
      2014 A6 3.0 TDI, 2013 2500 Ram Diesel
      03-23-2012 07:53 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Why yes we do! Just stop on in!
      Arin I'm pretty sure since you released the software is rock solid but we going to put about 5000 miles in 3 weeks some of them in hot conditions some in high altitude mountain passes some in very remont parts of US with no cell coverage shoud I be worry driving with this flash?

    10. Semi-n00b walkwg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2006
      Location
      North Alabama
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi TT, 1995 BMW R1100RSL
      03-23-2012 08:39 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      BTW first thing I did when I moved down here was look for Greenbow, Alabama. I don't think it exists.
      It exists only as a concept of rural south Alabama.

      Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow morning.

    11. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-23-2012 10:46 AM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      So, the ECU is opened?
      Yes, all of the new ECUs require opening to flash.


      Quote Originally Posted by michalborz View Post
      Arin I'm pretty sure since you released the software is rock solid but we going to put about 5000 miles in 3 weeks some of them in hot conditions some in high altitude mountain passes some in very remont parts of US with no cell coverage shoud I be worry driving with this flash?
      You'll be fine! We have customers in extreme conditions already and the ECU is equipped with pressure and temperature sensors so if something's too extreme, everything's backed off.

      Quote Originally Posted by walkwg View Post
      It exists only as a concept of rural south Alabama.

      Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow morning.

      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Ashburn, VA
      Posts
      1,132
      03-26-2012 10:06 AM #87
      Two questions, then:

      1. Does the timing chain ECU update (I'm sure you've seen the thread) conflict with the APR flash? Should effected users get the ECU update first, then get an APR flash? Or will the APR flash overwrite the existing code?

      2. When can we expect the TTRS RSC exhaust to ship?

      Danke!

      - Jeremy -

    13. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-26-2012 12:11 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      Two questions, then:

      1. Does the timing chain ECU update (I'm sure you've seen the thread) conflict with the APR flash? Should effected users get the ECU update first, then get an APR flash? Or will the APR flash overwrite the existing code?
      You'll need to direct me to the thread, I don't know what this is.


      2. When can we expect the TTRS RSC exhaust to ship?

      Danke!

      - Jeremy -
      I believe April.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2000
      Posts
      7,073
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-26-2012 02:20 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      You'll need to direct me to the thread, I don't know what this is.
      This is the FW rev I was mentioning... Q-0020 vs. R-0010.

    15. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-26-2012 02:43 PM #90
      If you're vehicle calls for an updated flash from Audi, just get it and then go get flashed by APR. Otherwise, if you get the flash, and are flashed over by audi, just come on back and we'll give you the latest updates for free (since you already bought the flash).
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2000
      Posts
      7,073
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-26-2012 03:35 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      If you're vehicle calls for an updated flash from Audi, just get it and then go get flashed by APR. Otherwise, if you get the flash, and are flashed over by audi, just come on back and we'll give you the latest updates for free (since you already bought the flash).
      I assume someone needs to get you the R-0010 flash file as a base for a set of APR changes over top of it, otherwise folks are going to lose their timing chain rattle fix.

    17. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-26-2012 03:37 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      I assume someone needs to get you the R-0010 flash file as a base for a set of APR changes over top of it, otherwise folks are going to lose their timing chain rattle fix.
      No, we don't ever flash anyone with an older or newer file than what's currently on the ECU. If we did, customers may run into computability issues if hardware or software on other controllers was changed in conduction with the updated audi software.

      Every time there is an update, we just get the new software from audi and merge it with our changes.

      Some of this may sound confusing, but you don't need to worry about it. It sounds like you're a software guy.... trust me, we have everything covered in this area. All you need to do is say "Me want software" and we give you the correct stuff.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2000
      Posts
      7,073
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-26-2012 03:57 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      No, we don't ever flash anyone with an older or newer file than what's currently on the ECU. If we did, customers may run into computability issues if hardware or software on other controllers was changed in conduction with the updated audi software.

      Every time there is an update, we just get the new software from audi and merge it with our changes.

      Some of this may sound confusing, but you don't need to worry about it. It sounds like you're a software guy.... trust me, we have everything covered in this area. All you need to do is say "Me want software" and we give you the correct stuff.
      Sweet. So when a local APR dealer reads the stock program, is their APR software tool package empowered to auto-generate a new tune based on that stock program if it's a different rev than you guys have ever seen?

      I'm assuming not (that would be a rather dangerous thing to automatically do indeed). In that case, I assume that new stock file gets sent to APR, and then one of your wizards over there confirms the appropriate patches to make it a Stage 1 profile, and send it back to the local APR dealer. Correct?

      If so, then I'd imagine that the latter could be a longer process... perhaps a day or two at best, which is and important factor when your car's ECU is removed for open heart surgery.

      You said we don't have to worry about it... so many you could just clarify what's involved if there is a rev of software on the stock ECU that APR has never seen before?

    19. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-26-2012 04:07 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Sweet. So when a local APR dealer reads the stock program, is their APR software tool package empowered to auto-generate a new tune based on that stock program if it's a different rev than you guys have ever seen?
      They read the code, we analyze it and make the changes. When it's finished we let them know. They don't need a special tool to do this either. Every APR dealer can read the code now.

      I'm assuming not (that would be a rather dangerous thing to automatically do indeed). In that case, I assume that new stock file gets sent to APR, and then one of your wizards over there confirms the appropriate patches to make it a Stage 1 profile, and send it back to the local APR dealer. Correct?
      correctamundo!

      If so, then I'd imagine that the latter could be a longer process... perhaps a day or two at best, which is and important factor when your car's ECU is removed for open heart surgery.
      I believe TT RS ECU's are simple. It's usually on an hour or so if I'm not mistaken.

      You said we don't have to worry about it... so many you could just clarify what's involved if there is a rev of software on the stock ECU that APR has never seen before?
      ECU comes to APR or APR Dealer.

      ECU is scanned.

      New Revision Found.

      Code is sent to APR Engineers.

      APR Engineers analyse and merge to make a new file.

      New code is flashed to ECU.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    20. 03-27-2012 04:46 PM #95
      Arin,

      I had my TTRS booked in for a stage 1 flash next Tuesday and have now been told by the dealer that APR is not allowing them to flash just yet. He initially thought that he had received all the new tools but he doesn't have the "additional CCD for programming with the UPD which has not been released yet". Is this the tool that is scheduled to be available by April?

      Cheers,

      Joe



      ---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?svqi12
      Last edited by joek81; 03-27-2012 at 05:32 PM.

    21. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-27-2012 06:18 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by joek81 View Post
      Arin,

      I had my TTRS booked in for a stage 1 flash next Tuesday and have now been told by the dealer that APR is not allowing them to flash just yet. He initially thought that he had received all the new tools but he doesn't have the "additional CCD for programming with the UPD which has not been released yet". Is this the tool that is scheduled to be available by April?

      Cheers,

      Joe



      ---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?svqi12
      yes
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    22. 04-02-2012 04:03 AM #97
      so has anyone got the chip and is able to report back?? apple chilli is the only person?

    23. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 1999
      Location
      No. Virginia
      Posts
      19,803
      Vehicles
      '04 R32/83 Rabbit GTI/13.5 Jetta GLI
      04-02-2012 10:50 AM #98
      I heard of one person here locally that has it and through a second-hand source they said driving the car is like playing a video game now... in other words.. it's that fast w/the chip.

      I haven't driven one(chipped) yet so nothing firsthand from me unfortunately.

    24. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,317
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-02-2012 02:29 PM #99
      Here's a review.

      http://forums.quattroworld.com/tt2/msgs/18733.phtml


      I have a couple more reviews around the world. It seems most TT RS US customers are not on the forums much, probably due to the rareness of the car.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    25. 04-02-2012 06:30 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Here's a review.

      http://forums.quattroworld.com/tt2/msgs/18733.phtml


      I have a couple more reviews around the world. It seems most TT RS US customers are not on the forums much, probably due to the rareness of the car.

      Thats me!


      Guys, for those in doubt, don't look at the figures at redline and make assumptions.
      This program completely changes the car into an ANIMAL. Somewhere between 2500-3000rpm's you get forcibly held into your seat, and you really have to watch the tach as redline will come on way faster than you remember.

      I've had 2 quick tests of the changes:

      *Mexico test track*
      40-140 vs a good friend of mine with a 11sec F-Body. (Traps between 117-118).
      He had some traction issues down low, but could never close any distance. Needless to say, he was FLOORED that it was just a 2.5L with a "canned" tune.

      *Local 1/4 mile track*
      3 Quick passes at a local drag strip that opened for a few hours on the first day of spring. During this, I learned 2 things: 1. I have no idea how to launch this car (B8 DSG Spoiled Me). 2. Wheel hop sucks. Anyway, ended up with 12.4 @ 115.7 w/ high 1.9 60's. I was tempted to put a ringer in the seat and see 11's & prob another 1-2mph, but 1/4 mile performance isn't really a priority for me, and only go maybe once a year to hang out with friends.

      I found both results to be very positive given a tune & 93 octane pump gas and in the 70's.
      I'm working on doing something about the primary cat, and trying some race gas on 93 octane mode until APR gets me the program switching functions. I'm really happy with the trap speed given 93 and the crappy driver.

      You seriously won't believe it is the same car when it adapts!

      Thanks Again Arin!
      14 BRZ
      15 A3

    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •