Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 209

    Thread: APR Presents: North American TT RS 2.5 TFSI ECU Upgrade!

    1. 04-09-2012 06:30 PM #126
      i think his is US spec he's rambo or something

    2. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-10-2012 11:16 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      i think his is US spec he's rambo or something
      Ha, gotcha!
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    3. Member michalborz's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2004
      Location
      Edison, NJ
      Posts
      755
      Vehicles
      2014 A6 3.0 TDI, 2013 2500 Ram Diesel
      04-10-2012 10:44 PM #128
      We would like to thank APR for making our day today, it was an amazing experience. Everyone we talked to was polite and professional (special thanks to Ryan), must say, it is a pleasure doing business with you.
      As far as the tune, we drove mostly on the highway, but had a chance to feel the power getting from the on-ramp to the highway.......honestly the on-ramps are to long now, half way through the ramp I saw triple digits...
      Leaving APR made me feel like I have new car again
      Within next few days we will enjoy Tail of the Dragon, by then we will have a better feeling of the new tune


    4. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-10-2012 11:38 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by michalborz View Post
      We would like to thank APR for making our day today, it was an amazing experience. Everyone we talked to was polite and professional (special thanks to Ryan), must say, it is a pleasure doing business with you.
      As far as the tune, we drove mostly on the highway, but had a chance to feel the power getting from the on-ramp to the highway.......honestly the on-ramps are to long now, half way through the ramp I saw triple digits...
      Leaving APR made me feel like I have new car again
      Within next few days we will enjoy Tail of the Dragon, by then we will have a better feeling of the new tune

      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    5. 04-10-2012 11:52 PM #130
      Whats the final word on TD1 codes being thrown on a ttrs?

    6. Member AppleChilli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2012
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      157
      Vehicles
      Audi TTRS
      04-10-2012 11:54 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by michalborz View Post
      Leaving APR made me feel like I have new car again
      My sentiments exactly! I cannot imagine what stage II & III will feel like?!
      2012 Daytona TT-RS / Tech / ASM Recaro Advanced SR-7 / Alcantara / HRE C93 9.5 x 19 Brushed Polished and staggered.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,002
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      04-11-2012 10:01 AM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by Trbofly View Post
      Whats the final word on TD1 codes being thrown on a ttrs?
      The final word has been stated multiple times. The older style ECU of the TTRS does not collect TD1 codes.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

    8. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-11-2012 11:12 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Trbofly View Post
      Whats the final word on TD1 codes being thrown on a ttrs?
      No TD1 codes on the TTRS.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    9. 04-11-2012 11:15 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      The final word has been stated multiple times. The older style ECU of the TTRS does not collect TD1 codes.
      Much appreciated. Thanks

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Ashburn, VA
      Posts
      1,132
      04-12-2012 10:33 AM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      No TD1 codes on the TTRS.
      Seems interesting that Audi would go through the trouble of encrypting this old-style ECU without adding something like the TD1 code to it. Either they were too cocky and thought no one could break the encryption, or they've hidden something that the Tuners aren't seeing.

      - Jeremy -

    11. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-12-2012 11:20 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      Seems interesting that Audi would go through the trouble of encrypting this old-style ECU without adding something like the TD1 code to it. Either they were too cocky and thought no one could break the encryption, or they've hidden something that the Tuners aren't seeing.

      - Jeremy -
      It's simply an old ECU type.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    12. Member LongviewTx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 1999
      Location
      Longview, Texas
      Posts
      1,306
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      04-13-2012 03:52 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
      Have you had any internal discussion on extending the sale for TTRS customers since dealerships do not yet have hardware?
      Arin:

      We are now down to a one-week window of opportunity for the Spring sale (if we flash at the dealers). Any ideas on if all dealers will be receiving their tools by this weekend or if you would be willing to allow us (TT-RS owners) the exception of paying now for stage 1 until dealers have the capability to flash?
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

      Audi CNA Member # 44937

      *** AUDIos Muchachos ***

    13. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-13-2012 04:31 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      Arin:

      We are now down to a one-week window of opportunity for the Spring sale (if we flash at the dealers). Any ideas on if all dealers will be receiving their tools by this weekend or if you would be willing to allow us (TT-RS owners) the exception of paying now for stage 1 until dealers have the capability to flash?
      I don't have that information yet but I'll see what can be done.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    14. Member LongviewTx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 1999
      Location
      Longview, Texas
      Posts
      1,306
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      04-17-2012 05:33 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      I don't have that information yet but I'll see what can be done.
      i heard today that all the dealers are receiving their tools tomorrow. is this true Arin?
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

      Audi CNA Member # 44937

      *** AUDIos Muchachos ***

    15. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-17-2012 05:35 PM #140
      No
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    16. 04-19-2012 07:30 AM #141
      maybe it's just me, but it seems apr stg1 makes more power than the giac chip + exhaust + cat delete + intercooler... comparing the dyno runs at the wheels, both start off close to each other in terms of WHP stock (+/- 2hp), but apr seems to get 20 more...

    17. 04-19-2012 11:14 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      maybe it's just me, but it seems apr stg1 makes more power than the giac chip + exhaust + cat delete + intercooler... comparing the dyno runs at the wheels, both start off close to each other in terms of WHP stock (+/- 2hp), but apr seems to get 20 more...
      Except you can't compare results from different dynos. Someone needs to plot the percentage gain in power across the range for both tunes and compare those results, that'd be a bit better comparison.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Ashburn, VA
      Posts
      1,132
      04-19-2012 11:23 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      maybe it's just me, but it seems apr stg1 makes more power than the giac chip + exhaust + cat delete + intercooler... comparing the dyno runs at the wheels, both start off close to each other in terms of WHP stock (+/- 2hp), but apr seems to get 20 more...
      It could be that the other mods "find" horsepower that marginalizes the ECU gains. For example, an intake may give you +10 hp. A new exhaust may give you +15 hp. And an ECU tune might give you +35 hp. But all of them together aren't going to give you +60 hp. You might get +45 instead or something. I don't know why. It just seems to be the case with all car mods.

      - Jeremy -

    19. 04-19-2012 12:33 PM #144
      It's a shame there isn't a GIAC TT-RS in my area.
      I'd be happy to make some "comparative runs".
      14 BRZ
      15 A3

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,002
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      04-19-2012 02:08 PM #145
      Arin, sale ends in a couple of days, did your local dealers receive their tools yet? specifically ELM in my town? Thanks.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

    21. 04-19-2012 03:03 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Except you can't compare results from different dynos. Someone needs to plot the percentage gain in power across the range for both tunes and compare those results, that'd be a bit better comparison.
      ohrly? did you miss how each dyno produced the same stock whp within 2 hp?

    22. 04-19-2012 03:07 PM #147
      Bump. Got money in my pocket.

      Will the sale be honored when we can actually get the tune?

    23. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-19-2012 03:10 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      Arin, sale ends in a couple of days, did your local dealers receive their tools yet? specifically ELM in my town? Thanks.
      They don't, but we've extended the sale.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    24. 04-19-2012 04:01 PM #149
      does the sale apply to canada?

    25. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      17,319
      Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-19-2012 04:03 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      does the sale apply to canada?
      Our canadian importers set pricing in their own market. Give them a call! www.goapr.com/dealer/
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

    Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •