VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2.0t FSI Warranty extension moved to recall

47K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  RichardSEL 
#1 ·
I am sure you guys know by now, but VW has now recalled the intake flap motor, the low fuel pressure sensor, and the PCV and pipe.

Dealers will be checking and replacing(if needed) the parts on 2.0t FSI up to 10years 120,000 miles.

Just a heads up folks..

#4 ·
@VWvortex, thanks for moving this ;)

@Boosted, the pipe that comes up to the back of the valve cover. It has a check valve in it.

@VW_nc, The only links I have are back office type VW links. I will see if I can find something to link for you. You can call your local dealer and have them check your VIN to see if your car applies. NOT all 2.0t engines have all of the recalls.

That being said, VW may not be calling them "recalls" It might be more of a required update. Customers are not notified of required updates.

#7 ·
Since all of the info I have is from VW, I am not sure what I can and can not post. They are calling this an UPDATE, NOT A RECALL!!! VW does not have to inform customers of updates. If you have this engine, call your local dealers and have them check your VIN. If you have the action open, go have the dealer inspect it and see if it needs to be replaced.

#8 ·
x2 they are not recalls. If your car happends to throw a CEL which is caused by a PCV or the flapper motor they will replace it.

JT

#9 ·
These were just changed over to a RVU campaign last week according to jhines(dealer tech if you don't know). What that means is if you car falls into the VIN range these parts will be changed if that are different the the p/n's listed below whether you have a CEL or not.

Here is VW info:

IMRC- 24W2 Campaign
06F 133 482 E

PCV Stuff- 17D9 Campaign
06F 129 101 P Valve
06F 103 215 B Pipe
Plus the new gaskets and clamp

Fuel Sensor- 24W3 Campaign
06E 906 051 K

#10 ·
i work for vw not alll bpy engines are recalled for the flap motor and the pcv and turbo pipe

all have warranty extensiuons though...any passat jetta or gti with bpy will get a new pcv and turbo pipe...only passats will get flap unless it goes bad then it will still be free and no low fuel pressure sensor that only gets replaced if the pump takes a crap

#15 ·
It WAS an extension, now it is a required vehicle update(RVU). That means they will replace it if needed when you go to the dealer. My dealer(ALL are required to) checks RVUs Recalls updates ect, every time a car comes in. Just another + of bringing your car to the dealer ;)

#13 ·
thanks for the usefull info :thumbup::thumbup:

I just called my dealer, they found the just released RVU campaings for PCV and flapper motor for my VIN. taking it in tomorrow to get them replaced !!

one question, whats this pipe called that you are talking about ? just want to make sure they change it while they are at it.

#14 ·
I forget the exact name of it. It goes along with the PCV valve. Out of all of them I have replaced, I have had 1 that didn't need to be replaced.

#25 ·
Hey everyone-

Had two of the three updates done this week. I dropped the car off for the day so I don't know how long it took.

For reference, they are as follows:

UPDATE 17D2 - Positive Crankcase Ventilation
An update may be required, caused by a malfunction of the crankcase ventilation pressure regulating valve or turbo intake pipe resulting in excessive vacuum or excessive pressure being applied to the engine crankcase.
The guide pin of the check valve in the intake manifold side of the valve may break, preventing the check valve from correctly sealing when boost pressure is present in the intake manifold. Intake boost pressure may thus be applied to the engine crankcase, resulting in possible oil leaks.
A whistling noise or air rushing sound may be the consequence of an excessive amount of vacuum being applied to the engine crankcase. This condition can be detected by verifying whether the oil filler cap is being firmly held in position to the engine even after it has been unlocked.

The fix for this replaces the crankcase ventilation pressure regulating valve, the valve's gasket, two clamps, the turbo inlet pipe, and the inlet pipe's gasket.

UPDATE 24W3 Fuel Pressure Sensor
Due to fuel intrusion into the low-pressure system fuel pressure sensor, a false signal may be sent to the controller, resulting in a reading that is out of tolerance.

I can't say for sure how this helped the car, because I had a lot of other maintenance done at the same time.

#33 ·
FYI... My wagon got the CEL on last Wed, the code showed the issue with the intake flap motor and I recalled receiving the letter from VW about the extended warranty on this matter, I also found this post last week, and then, I called the dealer and explain the issue and because my VIN they told me my car had these Recalls open.

I took it the next day and voila!! They did the recalls and that took care of my CEL; in the invoice it shows as recall at no cost., they did both the PCV and the IMRC.

By the way, by doing the IMRC they broke a harness from the injectors and they did not have a replacement at the dealer, I had to wait another day before they could replace it, of course, it was free.. but go figure... :screwy:

#34 ·
That sucks about the harness. Atleast you got the parts fixed for free. Sucks about the harness...

#36 ·
i got my pcv update at Smithtown dealer like a month a go, they replace the silver pipe that goes into the turbo and the flap motor , but reading in this post, when i try to pull the oil cap i have to put some pressure to take it out also i hear the vacuum noise gets louder and engine start to shake like crazy,like if it's gonna die...also it shakes when i pull out the oil stick,so my question is ..Is this normal? may be a failing pcv?
Also i noticed at ecstuning they have an updated pipes that comes out from pcv one into intake the other one to oil filter but it say they come with check valve...so you guys think its necessary to replace them too? by the way my engine is a BPY.
intake : http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B6-FWD-2.0T/Search/Pcv/ES281096/
oil: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B6-FWD-2.0T/Search/Pcv/ES281099/
Thanks!:thumbup:

#38 ·
Your car is operating normal. The crankcase is pressurized when engine is running. When you remove the cap or the dipstick you are creating a leak path the car begins to choke & stall because of the giant leak you created.

#39 ·
thanks for the info, will call dealer to see if they can do something on my 06B6. PCV failed on my car and i brought it to the nearest shop rather than a dealer. Today I received the letter from VW to response my reimbursement request. They said I didn't go to the dealer, i can only get part of my cost back. what a ****....how did I know where the car could fail to fire up the engine. VW dealer is not MC stores spreading everywhere.

and i am surprise why VW doesn't commit 06 B6 has a defective AC compressor? I have seen a lot of AC compressors shot on this forum including mine.

#40 ·
I worked at VW and I replaced my PCV cause it was **** then got it replaced again cause the newest part I bought was in July 2011 was outdated already. LOL

My A/C compressor was dying but I found out my spal fan was dead. I think that led to the killing of the compressor cause I have no idea how long the spal fan was dead for.

#41 ·
Check Came Today

Got my check today from VW for HPFP and cam follower I had replaced back in Nov 2011 at an independent shop. $285.24. I didnt send the paper work in until about a month ago. Must say Im surprised it came so quick and actually that it came at all. Lovin VWoA right now. :thumbup:

#42 ·
Thanks for this!

Ahh, thanks for posting this guys. Seeing this thread I read every post and immediately called Welleseley VW with my VIN. My baby is going in tomorrow for this work...free of charge.

I love getting free work done on my car. Is there someplace I can go to plug my VIN in and see what other stuff should be done and can be done for free? I know I can call the dealership but I'd like to see it all for myself if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.