Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installed eBay Neuspeed replica exhaust and Tsudo Downpipe (pic intensive)

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T (RIP), 12' Golf R
      03-12-2012 11:56 AM #36
      Sounds and looks dope!

Vehicles
      96' Jetta aba-t, 00' Audi A4, 01' Passat 30v
      03-12-2012 01:06 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post
      Not to start anything, but the exhaust topic has been beaten to death.

Read here.

Towards the back.

to a good looking exhaust.
      Yep lots of he said she saids in there Not one dyno of proof for the 20v 2.5 5 cylinder, we can speculate all day but do you really think power is being lost from 2.5" to 2.75"? This motor is only .3L less than a 12v VR and that motor has been proven to make more power on 3". The 2.5L is a 4valve motor and moves a ton more air & has light years better technology, i cant be convinced you lose power with a 2.75" or even a 3" unless someone can show me physical proof. Not trying to be a dick just hate how everyone here on vortex takes something someone else says and preaches it as their own.
      Last edited by .T.o.n.y.; 03-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
      I am a Vortex build addict, click the link below to check out my builds and join in on my addiction:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...0#post85285470

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      03-12-2012 01:24 PM #38
      Sigh, once again, AWE Tuning tested a 3" pipe with a TURBO 2.0 engine, which minus the turbo is arguably our engine just missing a cylinder. If it isn't worth it on a turbo car (where a wider exhaust SHOULD benefit) than how in the world would it benefit a 2.5? And if it did, don't you think all of the exhaust companies would sell them? Or do they not know what they are talking about either? They only have years of experience...

Why did we choose 2.5 inch and not 3.0 inch diameter for our MK5 exhaust? Our first prototypes of this system were indeed 3.0 inch, but we found that the effort it took to move the large mass of air in the 3.0 inch system at lower rpms resulted in a loss of torque with very little offsetting gain up top. Take a look at our 3.0 inch prototype dyno sheets here and see why a 3.0 inch system is not appropriate for this car. - AWE.

Do I think that a .25 of an inch is making or breaking the deal? Not at all. Unless you are creating an actual racecar (I know all of us think our cars are already racecars ) it really doesn't matter.

And as I have said before, it loos really good and sounds even better. If the owner is happy with it, graphs, charts, numbers, etc really don't matter.

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 01:58 PM #39
      Apples to oranges and still based off speculation, i do all 2ptlo's installs and have worked with his many projects over the years. Ive been in these same debates back in 99' when people claimed the same horse crap about VRs. Ive had my own years of experience and base decisions like this off proven results ( im no Vortex tuner )I guess it'll take a decade of debate again before the results are proven. Also FYI the 2.0 and 2.5 are nothing alike, ive torn more than my share to pieces.
      Last edited by .T.o.n.y.; 03-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
      I am a Vortex build addict, click the link below to check out my builds and join in on my addiction:

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 02:07 PM #40
      EDIT

Post made out of anger.

Apples to oranges is correct.

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-12-2012 02:16 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post
      EDIT

Post made out of anger.

Apples to oranges is correct.

Edit: i made the post after you edited

2.quick really does know what he's talking about. But hey, once dynos come out from someone with too much money and time on their hands that can install a 2.5" and a 3" same day, then we can have a legitimate argument.

Be honest with yourself, how can anyone say FOR SURE without proof that "if a 2.0L 4 banger turbo didn't benefit from a 3" it MUST mean a 2.5L 5-cylinder N/A engine definitely will not either." I mean that statement is so ridiculous it makes me LMFAO and ROFL
      For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 02:17 PM #42
      No brotha just a comparison, this is literally dejavu' of the 12v VR forum back then. Most if not all aftermarket exhausts will yield more power than stock, but the most power they can get isnt they're main priority, profit is. If you feel that statement is invalid then i dont know what to tell you, a business is a business and cost of production is always a factor in manufacturing. They have to keep the prices somewhat competitive & realistic. Think about it no 3" was EVER offered for the VR because "its too big" yet in 2010 amazingly enough it was proven the 3" made more power. Im not argueing with you im argueing the fact your basing your knowledge on product descriptions. Pull an exhaust add from the late 90's and see they claim the same crap. Cost ALWAYS out-weighs total horsepower output for a company looking to sell mass quantities. Thats why proper custom exhausts offered from smaller shops have time and time again shown more power on the dyno than any over the counter exhaust but they're $$$$$$$

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 02:20 PM #43
      Gad I can entertain you.

Eurojet, AWE, Techtonics, and Neuspeed must not know anything either. Might wanna give them the heads up and let them know that the research they did was wrong...

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 02:21 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.Quick View Post
      No brotha just a comparison, this is literally dejavu' of the 12v VR forum back then. Most if not all aftermarket exhausts will yield more power than stock, but the most power they can get isnt they're main priority, profit is. If you feel that statement is invalid then i dont know what to tell you, a business is a business and cost of production is always a factor in manufacturing. They have to keep the prices somewhat competitive & realistic. Think about it no 3" was EVER offered for the VR because "its too big" yet in 2010 amazingly enough it was proven the 3" made more power. Im not argueing with you im argueing the fact your basing your knowledge on product descriptions. Pull an exhaust add from the late 90's and see they claim the same crap. Cost ALWAYS out-weighs total horsepower output for a company looking to sell mass quantities. Thats why proper custom exhausts offered from smaller shops have time and time again shown more power on the dyno than any over the counter exhaust but they're $$$$$$$
      I agree to a certain extent...it doesn't really matter what you are I believe as truth.

OPs 2.75 is doing fine by him, that is what matters.

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 02:29 PM #45
      Dont get mad dude, TTTuning, Neuspeed, Eurosport have been around forever and never offered anything over 2.25" or 2.5" yet today they're years of experience were shown when recent dyno pulls were performed showing they're exhausts did indeed make more power, but the whole 3" is too big and backpressure loss claims were crap. Do you think they want to come out and say "this system yields us more profit and is more cost affective?" No they only state what the exhaust has to offer. They build great quality stuff and every one of them make power, but claiming a larger exhaust makes less power " because none of them make one" is just silliness. Id be glad to split the cost of back to back dyno pulls with you. Im not trying to attack you just educate you that you cant write off certain things "just because they say so." I dont want to get 2ptlo's post locked so i'll end with this. No hard feelings just bringing information to light.

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      03-12-2012 03:07 PM #46
      We here in the 2.5 forum seldom get locked...it's only because we all actually discuss without getting personal and this is a perfect example of how awesome the 2.5 Forum is. Disagreeing, but never going over the top insulting one another.

welcome to possibly the only area on vortex that everyone seriously gets along!
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-12-2012 03:16 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerO28 View Post
      We here in the 2.5 forum seldom get locked...it's only because we all actually discuss without getting personal and this is a perfect example of how awesome the 2.5 Forum is. Disagreeing, but never going over the top insulting one another.

reinforcing yet again why I posted in here not MKVI forum
      For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T (RIP), 12' Golf R
      03-12-2012 03:18 PM #48

Couldnt agree more. Everyone here shares their point of view without bashing one another. I barely venture to any other area on Vortex because of this.

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 03:22 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.Quick View Post
      Im not trying to attack you just educate you that you cant write off certain things "just because they say so." I dont want to get 2ptlo's post locked so i'll end with this. No hard feelings just bringing information to light.
      None taken. Its gonna take a lot more than banter back and forth in a forum to get under my skin.

For real. I visit other areas every once in a while and immediately come back here. I don't even go to the MKV forums unless it's really slow.

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-12-2012 03:23 PM #50
      so this is strange...I attempted to provide a link to the downpipe for everyone and it's completely GONE off eBay hmmmm....
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      2010 Golf 2.5l
      03-12-2012 03:57 PM #51
      The ebay item ended. They have a website though and their selling the whole kit for a deal. I am anxious to bite but really like how my exhaust is currently with just the suitcase deleted...coming from someone who had a eurojet exhaust.
      http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...-Rabbit/Detail

17. 03-12-2012 04:32 PM #52
      Might have to pick up the down pipe. I was going back and forth on header or this, but this is a way better deal with better overall gains. If I ever go turbo (which I want to do) am I going to have to upgrade my entire exhaust system though?

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-12-2012 04:37 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbrando View Post
      Might have to pick up the down pipe. I was going back and forth on header or this, but this is a way better deal with better overall gains. If I ever go turbo (which I want to do) am I going to have to upgrade my entire exhaust system though?
      Most likely a new downpipe will come with a COMPLETE reputable kit and a new (larger diameter) exhaust will be recommended.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 04:37 PM #54
      If you want to go turbo, do the exhaust now, as youll need a new header for the tubo anyways. 3in will be fine for a turbo set up.

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-12-2012 04:39 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr2.0 View Post
      The ebay item ended. They have a website though and their selling the whole kit for a deal. I am anxious to bite but really like how my exhaust is currently with just the suitcase deleted...coming from someone who had a eurojet exhaust.
      http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...-Rabbit/Detail
      the kit really is VERY well priced but honestly I heard that exhaust on a rabbit (someone posted in on youtube) sounds VERY quiet and crappy. (simply my opinion)
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

21. 03-13-2012 01:04 AM #56
      Well I've already got a Magnaflow so I'd just be picking up the down pipe. Guess I could sell everything later on when I boost the car.

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-13-2012 12:25 PM #57
      Well I've already got a Magnaflow so I'd just be picking up the down pipe. Guess I could sell everything later on when I boost the car.
      wait for USP to have a sale. It's less hassle that way
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

23. 03-13-2012 01:49 PM #58
      But Tsudo's is $90 cheaper!

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-13-2012 02:34 PM #59
      But Tsudo's is $90 cheaper!
      honestly after hearing that exhaust on youtube i wouldn't take it for free. This makes it seem like it would be VERY hard to sell and most likely at a loss. Be patient sometimes USP has cat-less DPs for $230 which is $50 more than mine was.

The question is would you rather spend $50 more or go through the headache of selling a Tsudo exhaust?
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      03-13-2012 02:46 PM #60
      That's it.you get what you pay for. And horrible tone is going to be hard to sell in the future.
      It comes down to build quality. Material used, wall thicknesses, actual design and construction means a lot with an exhaust it may say"stainless steel" but what level of ss?? There are several known levels of ss and some are actual garbage for an exhaust. And some do rust. As far as turbo... You can run 2.5" if you are going to keep it under stage 3. Any exhaust bigger won't really be needed. If you want to build power, and have room to grow. Go with 3"
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

26. 03-13-2012 04:33 PM #61
      Thanks for the input guys. After a little more reading I decided against a down pipe of any kind for now. I don't like the sound so much and figure that money will be better spent painting my TB rear.

Vehicles
      03-13-2012 04:37 PM #62
      Thanks for the input guys. After a little more reading I decided against a down pipe of any kind for now. I don't like the sound so much and figure that money will be better spent painting my TB rear.
      Wise choice.

It's better to have a car that looks good, than to have a car that looks average and sounds like garbage IMO.

28. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Tornado Red Golf
      03-14-2012 07:43 PM #63
      How much impact does the DP have on the tone & volume of this exhaust?

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-14-2012 08:10 PM #64
      beats me but it is significantly nicer than stock DP so i'm assuming quite a bit. it would probably be quieter without the downpipe...but that's just a guess.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

30. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Tornado Red Golf
      03-14-2012 08:20 PM #65
      Did you get any CEL's? Thanks again for help, Dude! I really appreciate it!

Vehicles
      1999 VR6 Jetta
      03-14-2012 11:31 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Mistar1209 View Post
      Did you get any CEL's? Thanks again for help, Dude! I really appreciate it!
      NP! I figure not everyone is going to be fond of my purchase nor like my thought process but since i pulled the trigger and went the "cheap way" I may as well give my feedback. i will continuously post updates and hopefully everything holds up

Funny you're asking because I was going to post an update that It's been 200 miles already and NO CEL
      Last edited by 2ptslo; 03-15-2012 at 01:09 PM.
      -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 08:30 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by 2ptslo View Post
      NP! I figure not everyone is going to be fond of my purchase nor like my thought process but since i pulled the trigger and went the "cheap way" I may as well give my feedback. i will continuously post updates and hopefully everything hold up

Funny you're asking because I was going to post an update that It's been 200 miles already and NO CEL
      Nice!

I hate CELs...

33. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Golf 2.5 M/T 2D
      04-27-2012 03:01 AM #68
      I know this thread is a month old but I came to say that the level of intelligence on this site is so much higher than golfmk6.com, it seems like everyone there is waiting for a new post to be made so they can bash on the user. I got my 2012 golf 2 door manual last week and have been doing research every day, I knew someone had to have this system installed. I ordered the APR carbonio yesterday and after reading this I'm gonna pick up the Tsudo system soon. Thank you so much for all the detailed information
      Here's the link to the eBay item:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsudo-06-07-...9dc99e&vxp=mtr

34. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      04-27-2012 04:44 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Tkd540 View Post
      I'm gonna pick up the Tsudo system soon. Thank you so much for all the detailed information
      hash=item5ae59dc99e&vxp=mtr[/url]
      Post some vids when you get the chance. I have been looking at this catback too. As you know mine is kinda loud so I want something quieter.
      5 cylinder FTW

Vehicles
      2013 4-Door GTI (Sold), 2008 Rabbit (Sold)
      04-29-2012 05:23 PM #70
      Any updates on how the system is treating you? Its a really tempting alternative for those strapped for cash.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast