VWVortex.com - 1/14 scale buggy. I'm in love!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1/14 scale buggy. I'm in love!

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      03-10-2012 07:28 PM #1
      Ok, Mr. RC newbie here, I only played around with rc cars as a kid, my parents would get me 1 almost every year from sears or radio shack (every year because thats about how long they would last). They were underpowered and mass produced blandness but to a kid it was awesome.

Fast forward to now, well about 2 hours ago. I was in a strip shopping center and happened to walk by a RC shop (the massive helicopters got my attention big time). I was looking around at some of the stuff they had until I happened upon a Losi Mini 8. I think the size is perfect. Its electric which I prefer (and I think the wife would prefer as well ) and its rugged, 4x4 so i can take it off road a little bit.

What I don't want is a road car, flat surface type RC. I don't need something to go 90MPH in a straight line, I don't have the room for that. I will mainly be using this on flat land, dirt, our long driveway which is paved but far from flat... I would also like to put a mini cam on it to record my fun times

Any suggestions on a good setup? How about the one I mentioned, is it any good?

When I was little, my father was famous, He was the greatest samurai in the empire, And he was the Shogun's decapitator, He cut off the heads of a hundred and thirty-one lords, It was a bad time for the empire, The Shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out, People said his brain was infected by devils, My father would come home he would forget about the killings, He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him

2. 03-13-2012 06:12 PM #2
      looks like a nice rc buggy. brushless so that is cool.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      03-14-2012 01:08 AM #3
      I actually I got a Associated RC18t off Craigslist. I traded some electronic stuff for it and I couldn't be happier!

It been modified by the prior owner. He also included a bunch of spare parts and body shells.

Castle 6800kv brushless & Mamba 25 ESC

RPM front bumper, aluminum threaded - oil filled coil over suspension, fully adjustable turnbuckles, aluminum rear A arms, aluminum rear suspension tower, Futuba T2PH transmitter & receiver, graphite battery holder, aluminum driveshaft (might actually be stock).

I went ahead and got this:

Traxxas 2200MAh LIPO!

This little guy is pretty fast. I let me nephew try it (with the old NiMh cell) and she drove it into a wall and broke a steering component, so I'm going to get a new one at the shop tomorrow, looking for a better one in aluminum.

This thing is fun. I didn't have anything like this since I was a kid like 15 years ago and it just was a Radio Shack or Sears brand "toy". NOTHING like this... which is still a toy, but a grownup toy
      When I was little, my father was famous, He was the greatest samurai in the empire, And he was the Shogun's decapitator, He cut off the heads of a hundred and thirty-one lords, It was a bad time for the empire, The Shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out, People said his brain was infected by devils, My father would come home he would forget about the killings, He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him

4. 03-16-2012 03:56 PM #4
      that's what I have as well, RC18b. haven't messed around with it in a while. Still brushed. I was thinking of getting a cheap brushless system for it.

For advertising information click HERE