Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My (Car Illustrations) Paintings and other general art

1. 03-11-2012 03:26 AM #1
      Hey everyone, I've been getting a kick out of drawing cars with pencil and then painting it so I figured I'd share my work here. Comments are welcomed both positive and negative

Ferrari F40:

Pencil:

Painted in mainly Gouache but with an Acrylic base:

F1 Cars at Monoco
      Pencil:

Painted in Gouache (still not finished):

That's it for now but I'm working on a few more that I'll be posting up soon.

03-11-2012 02:52 PM #2
      nice, I like the feel of the second one

I would suggest that you work on a larger scale, it helps with detail...

When I do my illustrations, I use sizes like A2, this means that when using pencils, I can put in hairline width details that would be hard to do on an A4

Something else you could try is doing an illustration of a car onto paper of the same color as the car, it's a really nice technique
      "Non è baciare il muro che mi preoccupa. E' farci l'amore che mi spaventa un pò" M. Alboreto

O|||||||O

3. 03-11-2012 10:28 PM #3
      they look good but half done. Get some high and low contrasts in there! More black will focus the eyes on the lighter parts and visa-versa. Just keep adding more detail.

4. 03-15-2012 03:57 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by 507BMW View Post
      they look good but half done. Get some high and low contrasts in there! More black will focus the eyes on the lighter parts and visa-versa. Just keep adding more detail.
      I agree with adding more black and some lighter highlights.

Not that I'm an amazing artist or anything but since I was laid off I've been drawing more and more and now I'm starting to realize something I've missed for a while was building depth. My drawings look flat and very light. I'm starting to use contrast more to make them look better.

Though. These are great and I couldn't come anywhere close to these.