Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 2 !

Vehicles
      '15 Challenger 392, '11 CX-7 s Touring
      04-02-2012 11:16 AM #26
      I suppose they have to make considerations for well paid actors. Rob isn't supposed to appear at all until halfway through that very pivotal moment in Storm. That dialog between him and Jaime was a penis comparison, IMO. The "training" scene in the whorehouse was just HBO trying to outdo Showtime, I suppose.

My wife read somewhere that Clash and Storm were going to be combined this season as well, so maybe you're right.

My only other gripe; Melisandra is not as hot as she is supposed to be. They cast a rather plain looking brunette with a bad dye-job, IMO.
      Quote Originally Posted by John Steinbeck
      Sectional football games have the glory and the despair of war, and when a Texas team takes the field against a foreign state, it is an army with banners.

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      04-02-2012 12:21 PM #27
      I thought it was a great start to the season.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

3. 04-02-2012 12:28 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      That dialog between him and Jaime was a penis comparison, IMO. The "training" scene in the whorehouse was just HBO trying to outdo Showtime, I suppose.
      I thought a couple lines that Robb and Jaime traded were pretty good.
      J: "Three victories don't make you a conqueror."
      R: "It's better than three defeats."

I also liked the part where Bran, Hodor, and Osha were walking and she was talking about the comet. I'm paraphrasing but she says something like "Some say the red is for Robert's death. Others say it's Lannister red and they'll be ruling soon. .....Red only means one thing, boy. Dragons."

4. Member
      04-02-2012 12:46 PM #29
      I can't cite the sources off hand, but it's already been confirmed that many elements from the next two books will be incorporated into this season.

This is being done primarily for continuity and flow. Some things are happening simultaneously on a particular time line, but in different books. For a film/tv version, it makes more sense to incorporate events from a linear time line (that may have come from a later book), and get it out of the way.

Backtracking in this medium is tricky and tends to lose viewers. Besides, if it really followed the book exactly, several characters would disappear go almost the entire season.

The same thing was done in The Lord of the rings.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      04-02-2012 01:00 PM #30
      i liked it!

6. 04-02-2012 06:10 PM #31
      It is great to have it back on but I will agree last night's episode was a lot of setup with some great scenes. It does kind suck that Sean Bean/Eddard Stark is gone.

It just started and I am already bummed it is only 10 episodes long!!

Vehicles
      '15 Challenger 392, '11 CX-7 s Touring
      04-02-2012 07:19 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Crash6 View Post
      I can't cite the sources off hand, but it's already been confirmed that many elements from the next two books will be incorporated into this season.

This is being done primarily for continuity and flow. Some things are happening simultaneously on a particular time line, but in different books. For a film/tv version, it makes more sense to incorporate events from a linear time line (that may have come from a later book), and get it out of the way.

Backtracking in this medium is tricky and tends to lose viewers. Besides, if it really followed the book exactly, several characters would disappear go almost the entire season.

The same thing was done in The Lord of the rings.
      What you say makes sense, but I didn't think there was alt character events along the same timeline until Feast and Dance. Hmmmm...
      Quote Originally Posted by John Steinbeck
      Sectional football games have the glory and the despair of war, and when a Texas team takes the field against a foreign state, it is an army with banners.

8. Member
      04-02-2012 08:02 PM #33
      What you say makes sense, but I didn't think there was alt character events along the same timeline until Feast and Dance. Hmmmm...

I've read all the books, and it has been awhile since I read those about to be viewed as shows, but the story of Davos (Onion Knight) is a prime example of someone that will HAVE to be shown over a narrower timeline for the sake of TV. His story is spread out thorough the books, but takes place over a rather short period of time, simultaneously with whats about to begin this season.

To a lesser extent, Arya is in the same boat.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      04-03-2012 03:06 AM #34
      The beginning of Storm of Swords talks about how things are running concurrently and events might overlap as he tells the story.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

10. 04-03-2012 06:46 AM #35
      FYI - Season 2's second episode is already out. It showed on HBO GO (most likely because Sunday is a holiday) and is available on the torrent sites.

11. 04-03-2012 11:44 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
      FYI - Season 2's second episode is already out. It showed on HBO GO (most likely because Sunday is a holiday) and is available on the torrent sites.
      My Google foo is failing me right now but does this imply that live episodes air on HBO GO? none of the reviews of the app I have seen say this explicitly

It also does not look like E02 is available for streaming on HBO GO as of yet, and undoubtedly anywhere else, or am i failing here as well?

So I'm left with....piracy....{Insert general rant about a lack of legal availability of online content here} I hate the fact that I'm bitching (I'll admit it) but if it aired I want it, I didn't mind waiting a week otherwise

and I watched the premiere, this show is fantastic, my sister got me hooked on this show about a month ago, I went about and bought the first season on DVD and watched it straight through. I hope they keep it up

Personally I think this show is glimmering hope in a sea of gunk, IMO most television is complete and utter-lack-of-substance-my-generation-has-no-depth-OMIGODLOVETRIANGLE-garbage so I love that shows like this are around to give me hope

There...now you all know what I think I'm sure you all care

...damnit, i'm that guy

12. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2007 Mini Cooper S
      04-03-2012 12:14 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
      Supposedly the quality is not great. I think I'll just wait until Sunday.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-03-2012 03:17 PM #38
      He explicitly split PoV characters up between Feast and Dance, but there's things that happened in the timeline of Clash that weren't mentioned until Storm.

I, for one, like the fact that Robb is actually in Season 2. It's not spoiling anything for me to say that he would only be talked about and never shown this season if it followed the book exactly.

14. Member
      04-03-2012 04:36 PM #39
      Love this series! I read all 5 books in a row last summer , I just choose not to sleep because they were so good. Overall I was very impressed with how well the story is kept inline with the books. HBO has done a good job of adding in scenes (like the whorehouse scene with Littlefinger in season one explaing his "relationship" with the Caitlyn) that effectively replace the character narratives in the books. It also gives HBO a chance to add some trademark T&A. This season, with it's larger budget should be even better than the first!
      Hook'em Horns

15. 04-03-2012 06:53 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Oliver@triplezoom View Post
      Supposedly the quality is not great. I think I'll just wait until Sunday.
      I am watching it again right now and the quality is fine.

ETA - the only thing I will say is there is a short section, about a minute, with the Dothraki's and there is no translation but IMO it is no big deal.

When the high res episode is available after it airs Sunday I will download it and watch it again.
      Last edited by kmf; 04-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      04-04-2012 10:15 PM #41
      did they pull it from hbo go? can't find it. it's online though...

Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      04-05-2012 11:22 AM #42
      subscribed because its one of the best shows out right now. ive never read the books, and have no intention to (yea i know im missing out), but the show is great.

the baby killing scene
      bazinga!

psn: dorifto13

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      04-05-2012 11:23 AM #43
      I'm 3/4 of the way through the third book... WOW - I can't wait for season three, this is crazy stuff!!
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

Vehicles
      ATS w/ Gage and Stitching Pack | BMW F650GS | Moto Guzzi V7
      04-05-2012 07:42 PM #44
      I miss Sean Bean. He is my favorite actor.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 01:01 PM #45
      Yeah, Sean Bean is good in everything.
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

21. 04-06-2012 11:49 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      I miss Sean Bean. He is my favorite actor.
      You are not the only one. The show just doesn't seem the same without him.

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 12:43 PM #47
      With this show, you'd better get used to that feeling.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      04-08-2012 06:05 PM #48
      I'm 3/4 of the way through the third book... WOW - I can't wait for season three, this is crazy stuff!!
      page 355 for me on the third book. Just ordered season 1 of GoT thru netflix.

24. 04-08-2012 10:01 PM #49
      The last 30 seconds of tonight's episode was awesome.

Vehicles
      04-09-2012 12:49 PM #50
      Another great episode!
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast