Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 2 !

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      06-10-2012 12:20 PM #316
      Quote Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
      Yeah, I didn't really think I'd find it, but I had hoped it was released early.
      Apparently the international version comes out quite a bit sooner.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Titan
      06-11-2012 09:21 AM #317
      http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012...ter/?mobile=nc

Good read with the story editor after season 2 wrapped up

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      06-11-2012 11:55 AM #318
      That was a good read for sure.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      06-11-2012 02:57 PM #319
      Go Gators!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Titan
      06-12-2012 08:33 AM #320

Vehicles
      06-12-2012 12:25 PM #321
      That's great.
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

7. 06-12-2012 01:37 PM #322
      Lol

8. 06-15-2012 10:05 AM #323
      Did anyone catch this?

HBO apologizes for putting George W. Bush's head on stake in 'Game of Thrones'

LOS ANGELES -
      HBO has apologized for using a model head of former President George W. Bush in a grisly decapitation scene for its hit drama "Game of Thrones."

The tenth episode of the first season of "Game of Thrones," now out on DVD, features the younger Bush's head on a stake. Commentary on the DVD notes that his head appears in a "couple of beheading scenes."

The show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss stated that George W. Bush's was used as physical inspiration to create a head for a scene in which King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her deceased father's head on a stick.

"It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers insisted during the DVD commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."

HBO did not respond to FOXNews.com's request for comment, but as outrage mounted Wednesday, the network released a statement saying they were "deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste." HBO also said the scene would be removed from future DVD pressings.

The producers also attempted to explain the incident.

"We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk," their statement read.

"After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush. In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."

Now, of course there won't really be an outrage because of who it was, but could you imagine if it was Obama's head?

Vehicles
      Bagged R32T
      06-15-2012 11:14 AM #324
      They should have just denied that it was his and said the likeness was coincidence.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      06-15-2012 11:50 AM #325
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      Now, of course there won't really be an outrage because of who it was, but could you imagine if it was Obama's head?
      Considering the amount of outrage (or at least opinion columnist outrage) I've heard on it already, I imagine it would be equal.

The only problem with an Obama head is it wouldn't make sense as a prop. Why would a Summer Islander be beheaded in Westeros?

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      06-15-2012 12:00 PM #326
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Why would a Summer Islander be beheaded in Westeros?
      For trying to institute change in an absolute monarchy?
      Go Gators!

12. 06-15-2012 01:09 PM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by DSG-TDI View Post
      For trying to institute change in an absolute monarchy?
      Rumor has it, he has brought hope to the white walkers.

Vehicles
      06-15-2012 01:11 PM #328
      I'm going to have to watch that episode again and look for that head.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      '11 tundra, '03 sv1000, 14 grom
      06-21-2012 04:47 PM #329
      Why would a Summer Islander be beheaded in Westeros?
      they could execute Jalabhar Xho for being annoying? (not sure if he's in the movie version, but in the books I keep thinking of him a jarjar binks)
      Demokratikally Elekted Fist Lieutenant of the Outside Cavalry of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      That's too bad but, VWVortex said so... so you have to do it now.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
      07-03-2012 11:02 AM #330
      Finally caught up on Season 2 (stupid Comcast screwed up my HBO sub). The final episode was kind of confusing. So who sacked and burnt Winterfell? I thought it was Robb's allies that went after Theon. Why is Tyrion on the outs? I get that Cersei hates him and wants him dead, but you'd think that papa Lannister would hear what happened and be proud of his son (he was starting to come on Tyrion as far back as season 1 right?) And even though the Jon Snow stuff has been covered, it still makes no sense to me.

Other than that, massively enjoyable season, can't wait for season 3. First time anything related to the fantasy genre has really grabbed me as an adult.
      Last edited by romano258; 07-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 11:08 AM #331
      Quote Originally Posted by romano258 View Post
      Finally caught up on Season 2 (stupid Comcast screwed up my HBO sub). The final episode was kind of confusing. So who sacked and burnt Winterfell? I thought it was Robb's allies that went after Theon. Why is Tyrion on the outs? I get that Cersei hates him and wants him dead, but you'd think that papa Lannister would here what happened and be proud of his son (he was starting to come on Tyrion as far back as season 1 right?) And even though the Jon Snow stuff has been covered, it still makes no sense to me.

Other than that, massively enjoyable season, can't wait for season 3. First time anything related to the fantasy genre has really grabbed me as an adult.
      Reek did. Theon sent him to get some sellswords, but Reek screwed him.
      Demokratikally Elekted Fist Lieutenant of the Outside Cavalry of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      07-03-2012 12:00 PM #332
      Quote Originally Posted by romano258 View Post
      Why is Tyrion on the outs? I get that Cersei hates him and wants him dead, but you'd think that papa Lannister would here what happened and be proud of his son (he was starting to come on Tyrion as far back as season 1 right?)

I pulled out the one I can answer without getting into book/show differences. Despite everything Tyrion did to make the wildfyre defense possible and recognize that Stannis would attack the weakest gate, and maintaining morale after the Hound and the King both left the battle, Tywin and the Tyrells were the saviors of the city. What Varys told Tyrion summed everything up nicely, that Tyrion's role in keeping the city standing until they could arrive will never be recognized by history or by the smallfolk.

Tywin's extremely mistrusting of Tyrion. He made use of him as King's Hand when he himself needed to be elsewhere, leading his army and attempting to get the son he actually cares about back. He forbid Tyrion from bringing Shae with him to King's Landing because he considers Tyrion and his whoring ways a disgrace, and resents him as Cersei does for his wife dying at his childbirth. No accomplishment Tyrion could ever make would actually make Tywin proud.

I think what's so great and compelling about the books and the show is that it's not a condescending fantasy. It forgoes romanticized and idealistic portrayals of characters for a gritty realism, where no single character is without flaws, and no single character is the clear cut "hero" of the story. It's refreshing... but beyond that it's good. Even with the prophecy of Azor Ahai reborn and things like that, this isn't the fantasy of a Seeker who is the chosen one to restore order to a realm, or a tale of Elves and Wizards wise and perfect helping to solve problems that man has created.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-03-2012 12:11 PM #333
      Quote Originally Posted by mad8vskillz View Post
      Reek did. Theon sent him to get some sellswords, but Reek screwed him.

Reek? I didn't think he comes around until the 5th book??

I thought it was Bolton's bastard that wrecked the place?

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      07-03-2012 12:21 PM #334
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post

It's a fairly convoluted plot point in CoK, but he's in there.

Linky

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-03-2012 12:24 PM #335
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      It's a fairly convoluted plot point in CoK, but he's in there.

Linky

Ohh.... I was thinking of the other Reek.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      07-03-2012 12:42 PM #336
      I'm really not sure how to interpret the show's portrayal of the sacking of Winterfell. Dagmar wasn't Reek, but Bolton talked about sending his bastard son up to take back Winterfell. Per the show, apparently Dagmar and the Iron Islanders betrayed Theon and handed him over because they were offered immunity if they did so and headed back to the sea. I'm not sure how it all ties together yet.

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 01:50 PM #337
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post

reek 1.1 aka bolton's bastard

23. 07-03-2012 10:34 PM #338
      this isn't the fantasy of a Seeker who is the chosen one to restore order to a realm
      GOT definitely has it up and down over The Seeker in the plot department but The Seeker definitely kicks GOT ar$e in the hot chick department.

That being said, it was the men from the Iron Islands that burned down Winterfell. Who else would have burnt it?

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 10:38 PM #339
      Roose Bolton's bastard.

Vehicles
      '12 Challenger RT, '11 CX-7 s Touring
      07-04-2012 12:35 AM #340
      Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
      GOT definitely has it up and down over The Seeker in the plot department but The Seeker definitely kicks GOT ar$e in the hot chick department.

That being said, it was the men from the Iron Islands that burned down Winterfell. Who else would have burnt it?
      This.

Some folks are confusing the books and the show. In the show, Theon's men turned on him, knocked his ass out, and torched the castle.

In the books, Roose Bolton's bastard took the castle, killed all the Iron Men and captured Theon.

I'm guessing that the story arc in the show will have Theon's men turning him over to the Bastard, as was previously mentioned in order to converge the plot points and maintain consistency.
      Rest easy, Bart.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      07-05-2012 02:42 PM #341
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      This.

Some folks are confusing the books and the show. In the show, Theon's men turned on him, knocked his ass out, and torched the castle.

In the books, Roose Bolton's bastard took the castle, killed all the Iron Men and captured Theon.

I'm guessing that the story arc in the show will have Theon's men turning him over to the Bastard, as was previously mentioned in order to converge the plot points and maintain consistency.
      What doesn't make sense to me is if they were being allowed to leave Winterfell alive for turning over Theon, why would they burn it on their way out? Wouldn't that incite the northern armies to kill them for torching their capital?

And Ironborn surrendering their (misguided, I grant you) leader so they could return home with their lives without a fight? It's completely uncharacteristic of the Ironborn as described either in the books or the show.

I don't have any problem with things getting changed. I have problems when the changes don't make sense

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
      07-05-2012 04:48 PM #342
      What doesn't make sense to me is if they were being allowed to leave Winterfell alive for turning over Theon, why would they burn it on their way out? Wouldn't that incite the northern armies to kill them for torching their capital?

And Ironborn surrendering their (misguided, I grant you) leader so they could return home with their lives without a fight? It's completely uncharacteristic of the Ironborn as described either in the books or the show.

I don't have any problem with things getting changed. I have problems when the changes don't make sense
      Didn't read the books (obviously), but I'm with you here. Why would the islanders burn Winterfell if they were hoping for a safe passage home as a reward for giving up Theon? Wouldn't that piss off the northerners and get them slaughtered? If it was this Reese Bolton character, the show did an awful job setting that up, at least for those of us who didn't read the books. Kind of glad I'm not the only one confused here, because I was starting to think I missed something.

Vehicles
      07-05-2012 04:51 PM #343
      This. They are some of the fiersest fighters in the realm and they believe they are dead already "What is dead may never die"

Vehicles
      08-01-2012 10:58 PM #344

Ran across this on Reddit and thought it was pretty funny.

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 12:17 PM #345
      Haha!
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      08-02-2012 12:37 PM #346
      I enjoyed all the funny pictures last year. Keep posting any you find guys!

Vehicles
      09-18-2012 09:29 AM #347
      Rest easy, Bart.

Vehicles
      09-18-2012 12:55 PM #348
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Oh my god! Ahahahahaha!!
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      09-18-2012 02:48 PM #349
      I nominate this for the best bump of all time.

Vehicles
      09-18-2012 03:05 PM #350
      Rest easy, Bart.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast