Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Crush washer 2001 GTI

1. 03-11-2012 02:10 PM #1
      Awhile back I replaced the left rear caliper, but the crush washers that came with the new caliper were not the right size. I had to do some crafty work to get it to come together without leaking, but over time it has become an issue again. I need to know where I can find proper crush washers to fit the caliper without having to buy a kit. All I need is the two washer and I can fix this stupid problem

Oh and of course Napa had no answer or solution as to why the OEM caliper kit had the wrong hardware.

Thanks

Vehicles
      '06 Evo Mr, '13 Accord v6, '13 CBR500r, '14 Accord 4dr
      03-11-2012 03:59 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by lawsongti View Post
      Awhile back I replaced the left rear caliper, but the crush washers that came with the new caliper were not the right size. I had to do some crafty work to get it to come together without leaking, but over time it has become an issue again. I need to know where I can find proper crush washers to fit the caliper without having to buy a kit. All I need is the two washer and I can fix this stupid problem

Oh and of course Napa had no answer or solution as to why the OEM caliper kit had the wrong hardware.

Thanks
      Don't auto parts stores have metric crush washers for this? Pretty sure I've seen them in advance Auto before.
      Otherwise, the dealer should have service parts for this, you'll probably have to buy the "oil bolt" aka banjo bolt too.
      2.0T+034efi+meth = 300+whp = Part out PM me for anything