1996 Golf MK3 12V 02M Turbo.

Vehicles
      A2 Monster Car
      07-01-2012 10:33 PM #52
      Im erect.

Vehicles
      97 Black GLX, RIP 97 White 8vT Jetta Trek
      07-01-2012 11:26 PM #53
      I wonder how much $$$ you have in fittings lol.
      Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      It's Timmy with mmmmMojo, i have returned
      8VALVETURBO - RIP White Jetta

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-03-2012 12:07 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by AJmustDIE View Post
      I wonder how much $$$ you have in fittings lol.
      That was the first thing i thought. 2nd was it must've been a bitch to plan it all. I wanna do hardlines for all my vac lines but i get a headache just from trying to figure out what i need and the tools needed to actually do it.

I'm so in love with how you did the coolant lines. Another thing i've dreamed of doing one day. Great f*cking work all across the board.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

5. 07-03-2012 02:39 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      That was the first thing i thought.
      I really don't think I have that much money invested in the fittings that actually made it on the car, but I'm not proud to say I've probably got a few hundred dollars worth in my toolbox from bad ideas and quick decisions that never panned out.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-03-2012 05:50 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by leebro61 View Post
      I've probably got a few hundred dollars worth in my toolbox from bad ideas and quick decisions that never panned out.
      YOU TOO~!... I have plastic bins full of failed/bad ideas.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      04 pd100 bagged Old setup 94 JTI Vrt 60-1 .58ar exh obd2 440 racefile 20psi/meth
      07-03-2012 08:29 PM #57
      I really don't think I have that much money invested in the fittings that actually made it on the car, but I'm not proud to say I've probably got a few hundred dollars worth in my toolbox from bad ideas and quick decisions that never panned out.
      Measure once guess twice. I do that a lot too. Oh well extra fittings for something else
      diesel life cause cold feet are fun....

8. 07-03-2012 09:21 PM #58
      Sounds about right... my fuel system is worth 3 jegs hats and a huge box of leftovers. Every time I look at my box of -10 I want to build another turbo car just to get rid of them.
      Bumblebee Tuna

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-04-2012 01:28 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by DieGTi View Post
      Sounds about right... my fuel system is worth 3 jegs hats and a huge box of leftovers. Every time I look at my box of -10 I want to build another turbo car just to get rid of them.
      Its -4 for me

10. 07-04-2012 12:28 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      Its -4 for me
      I'll take a pic and post up my fitting drawer. It's a good mix of -6 (fuel system/powersteering) and -10 (oil return lines, power steering, oil cooler, etc.) and -12 (first attempt at coolant hardlines).

I tightened up all the hoses last night and put coolant back in the system, and after quickly finding out which clamps I forgot to tighten, she's all sealed back up with no leaks! I also started the car up, so it's nice to know it still runs

Vehicles
      92' Slc 93' Drag car
      07-05-2012 09:41 PM #61
      Lee i have been busy at work, just not on my corrado. I did however get this done.. I need a custom radiator and everywhere I have called is $$$$, Any ideas?

12. 07-05-2012 10:08 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGED-JETTA View Post
      Lee i have been busy at work, just not on my corrado. I did however get this done.. I need a custom radiator and everywhere I have called is $$$$, Any ideas?
      The new gears look awesome Sam!

When I redo my radiator, I will probably go on Summit and find some generic aluminum core that is the LxWxH and orientation (vertical/horizontal) that I want, then I'll order that and just chop off the end tanks and redo them. I would stay away from any of the direct fitment Corrado aluminum cores (Godspeed at least) since I've found them to be really low quality (and poor fitment). Do you have anyone local that can help you fab something up?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      Variety is the spice of life...1. 84 GTi 16vT, 2. 95 Cabrio VR6T, 3. 2010 S1KRR, 4. 09 Honda Pilot
      09-06-2012 10:06 AM #63
      Updates? New Pics?

14. 09-06-2012 11:36 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Highbeam2 View Post
      Updates? New Pics?
      Not much exciting to report. I took the car out to a local VW show a few weeks ago and ran into some issues with the way I had my fans wired. So, instead of just patching something together I decided that now would be a good time to clean up some of my wiring, ditch the unnecessary/redundant grounds and move the battery to the trunk.

I picked up a pretty cool secondary fuse panel that allowed me to ditch all of the cheesy inline fuse holders that I had soldered in whenever I needed to run fused power to a relay and it also let me consolidate all of my grounds... and it has a nice plastic cover that seals with an o-ring, so the fused area is all water tight

I made a bracket out of aluminum and mounted it in the driver's side fender well. Here it is with the cover removed. The box hanging in the lower left is the relay box for my headlights. It eventually got tucked out of the way The thicker power wires on the right hand side are the wires that typically connect to the positive terminal and provide power to the main fusebox.

with the cover in place...

and what the battery area looks like without a mess of wires...

I found an existing hole under the fender liner to run my battery cable through to put the battery in the trunk. Then I tech flex'd, heat shrinked and grommeted the cable to make sure it doesn't rub through.

And then I added a new chassis ground right on the frame rail to ground the new fuseblock and starter ground to

Using an OEM BMW grounding lug. This bad boy has four teeth on it that bite in to the chassis when you tighten it down. To be extra cautious, I tightened it down until the teeth engaged, and then I tack welded the head of the lug from the back side to make sure the connection was good.

Now I just need to pick up a sealed battery and build or buy (likely build ) a box to mount the battery in my trunk.

Vehicles
      GLi 5857 SLC 6262
      09-06-2012 06:53 PM #65
      That is one bad ass distribution block. So clean and great location
      apex-tuning.com
      NC's premiere watercooled parts and performance
      Ipanemarado

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Variety is the spice of life...1. 84 GTi 16vT, 2. 95 Cabrio VR6T, 3. 2010 S1KRR, 4. 09 Honda Pilot
      09-06-2012 07:54 PM #66
      Looking good... How does it run?

09-06-2012 09:24 PM #67
      Phenomenal

Vehicles
      A2 Monster Car
      09-06-2012 10:25 PM #68
      Im not sure if your open to suggestions but ive seen the pcv hose to the catch can routed straight back into the rain tray and back out another hole, just so its not attached to the firewall like that.

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      09-06-2012 10:42 PM #69
      Looks great.
      Where did you get the distribution block from?

20. 09-06-2012 10:46 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by stroker216 View Post
      Im not sure if your open to suggestions but ive seen the pcv hose to the catch can routed straight back into the rain tray and back out another hole, just so its not attached to the firewall like that.
      I'm always open to suggestions. I have a friend who HATES my catch can hose setup like that, so that's part of the reason I leave it like that [just kidding]. For what it's worth, it's not actually attached to the firewall, but because of how stiff the hose is it doesn't really go anywhere once the fittings are connected.

21. 09-06-2012 10:50 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthmk1 View Post
      Looks great.
      Where did you get the distribution block from?
      It's made by "Blue Sea", so it's actually intended for marine applications, so I'm guessing that's why they focus on waterproofing. It's about 5x6" in shape and everything seems to be of really high quality. I can find a part number if anyone is interested in this particular model.

22. 09-06-2012 10:51 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Highbeam2 View Post
      Looking good... How does it run?
      I just need to pick up a battery and I'll be running again. The last time I drove it it actually seemed to be running pretty well, aside from the fan issue

The plan is to get the intercooler on there very soon and start beating the snot out of it.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      09-06-2012 11:14 PM #73
      I just need to pick up a battery and I'll be running again. The last time I drove it it actually seemed to be running pretty well, aside from the fan issue

The plan is to get the intercooler on there very soon and start beating the snot out of it.
      LOL Ok What plugs are you running? Gap?

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      09-06-2012 11:27 PM #74
      It's made by "Blue Sea", so it's actually intended for marine applications, so I'm guessing that's why they focus on waterproofing. It's about 5x6" in shape and everything seems to be of really high quality. I can find a part number if anyone is interested in this particular model.
      Thanks

I have an OEM Mk4 unit for powering my fans and fuel pump, but its behind my dash and I want something with more outputs and that is waterproof for under the hood.

25. 09-07-2012 12:07 AM #75
      Beautiful bro, Your one of the ONLY reasons a visit the text from time to time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast