Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Which MK6 1156 LED DRL's should I purchase?

1. 09-07-2012 09:42 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by itsmibilly View Post
      Hey can you post some pictures? i want to see the color of the white. thank you!
      Dude... Look up

he posted them awhile ago, they're a few posts up by letsmotor

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 volkswagen jetta tdi
      09-07-2012 09:55 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Fignewton View Post
      I looked at those, the only difference being that the eagle eyes are 12W versus your 6W, I think that's twice the wattage and more than double with the new 14W.

But, I'm glad you haven't had any issues and like em. Good to know that the design is holding up across different vendors, hell they may all come from the same factory in Hong Kong.

As far as saving money, the cost of any of these LED's are silly compared to the incandescent that costs less than 99 cents we're replacing it with.
      The fact that would make these 14W run hot is they are 14w.... They will draw too much power and the socket and wire are not meant for it, they stand a very high chance of melting both especially used in a DRL purpose. It is up to you and hope they work out but be careful I can deff see these melting something. I emailed this company and he did not recommend these 14w for DRL purposes.

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      MK6 Jetta
      09-07-2012 10:02 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by BorLEH View Post
      Dude... Look up

he posted them awhile ago, they're a few posts up by letsmotor

woops...see them! got scared by the greenish tint but he said there's none! sweet deal! Just ordered the lights!

4. 09-07-2012 11:33 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by letsmotor View Post
      The fact that would make these 14W run hot is they are 14w.... They will draw too much power and the socket and wire are not meant for it, they stand a very high chance of melting both especially used in a DRL purpose. It is up to you and hope they work out but be careful I can deff see these melting something. I emailed this company and he did not recommend these 14w for DRL purposes.

5. 09-07-2012 11:33 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by itsmibilly View Post
      woops...see them! got scared by the greenish tint but he said there's none! sweet deal! Just ordered the lights!
      lol

Sweet! Enjoy your lights!

Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport
      09-07-2012 05:55 PM #106

The factory bulb we are replacing is a 27 watt bulb. I'm thinking the wiring should be fine. I know the led's run hotter, but again, the 12Watt-ers have run fine with no problems for 5 months. I'll keep and eye on the 14W er's once I install them.

09-10-2012 01:42 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by panzer 2.3 View Post
      I tried a few & these are my favorite:

http://www.hidxenonlights.com/led-ca...ed-amber-p-691
      Just ordered these.

Looks awesome!

Thanks for the link also.

8. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      MK6 Jetta
      09-12-2012 07:33 PM #108
      Long over due, sorry for the crappy quality upgraded to tappatalk unlimited photos just to post this !
      Got my lights in and looks great!! thank you! These things are whiter than white. the white balance on my iphone makes the colors look weird. but i gurantee you they are white

09-13-2012 11:15 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by halffrozen View Post
      Just ordered these.

Looks awesome!

Thanks for the link also.
      So I just installed these.

One of the bulbs(now the passenger side) it sometimes doesn't light the front 3 LED's. They will come on after a good jiggle. But from starting the car up a 10 times... 4 of the times they didn't come on.

I emailed the company to see what to do next.

But man they do really look great besides that little problem.

████████ 2012 GLI / 6Spd / PGM
      ████████ ST coilovers / Alzor 621 / BFG Sport Comp 2

10. Member
      Vehicles
      09-14-2012 01:02 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by halffrozen View Post
      So I just installed these.

One of the bulbs(now the passenger side) it sometimes doesn't light the front 3 LED's. They will come on after a good jiggle. But from starting the car up a 10 times... 4 of the times they didn't come on.

I emailed the company to see what to do next.

But man they do really look great besides that little problem.
      http://www.xtralights.com/super-inte...whitepair.aspx have had great luck with these. all else fails get these while the sale lasts or go with the eagle eye's in this design. everyone has had good luck with these.

09-14-2012 01:43 PM #111
      http://www.xtralights.com/super-inte...whitepair.aspx have had great luck with these. all else fails get these while the sale lasts or go with the eagle eye's in this design. everyone has had good luck with these.
      They responded early this morning saying they are sending out a new bulb.

I noticed this morning while pulling up to work that the passenger side was faintly darker then the driver and as I suspected, the front 3 LED's were out.. I actually smacked the whole headlight and it flickered though.. lol

████████ 2012 GLI / 6Spd / PGM
      ████████ ST coilovers / Alzor 621 / BFG Sport Comp 2

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta 2.5SE
      09-15-2012 01:33 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Fignewton View Post
      I had the 18 SMD LED's that are most popular

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170757945557...#ht_3017wt_946

No codes. There were ok, but not as bright as stock. The looked cool, but not really bright enough for DRL's more like Dusk/DawnRL's.

I just splurged and put these in tonight. They are the 12 Watt Eagle EYE SMT Tower.

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm

They are brighter than stock and if I had to put a number on it, 3 or 4 times as bright as the 18 SMD LED's that I had.

Will have to watch for heat issues. No codes yet.

One thing I found is that it's damn hard to convey what these actually look like in a photograph.

The Eagle eyes are bluer than other LED, but not ricey. IMO.

Another description would be that if I get down on level with the lights, while the glow is consistent throughout the reflector, that forward facing led will spot my eyes.

I'm going to try to get a pic in full daylight to really show how bright they are.
      I replaced my old Vision Technology eBay LED's with the 12W Eagle Eyes.. Well actually one of them, i wasn't aware that the price was only for one.. but i went ahead and put the one in, and side by side comparison to my old one, i can't believe that the eBay ones even looked good. I'll try to snap a half decent photo of the old one and the new one comparison. Hands down though, amazing quality and great glow.

Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport
      09-15-2012 07:39 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by LDxVW View Post
      I replaced my old Vision Technology eBay LED's with the 12W Eagle Eyes.. Well actually one of them, i wasn't aware that the price was only for one.. but i went ahead and put the one in, and side by side comparison to my old one, i can't believe that the eBay ones even looked good. I'll try to snap a half decent photo of the old one and the new one comparison. Hands down though, amazing quality and great glow.
      Good to hear. Like I said, it's super hard to get these to photograph correctly.

I ordered a set of 14W to try and I feel it's too bright for a DRL, (they looked like I had put an HID kit into my drl's, I don't want that look, I still want them to look like LED's). It's not that drastically that different from the 12W'ers, but they are just a little bit brighter and for me that puts them over the edge. Hopefully that saves people a couple a bucks, as I feel the 12W'er are perfect for this application.

The 14W'ers are now my reverse lights, no codes or power leak.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta 2.5SE
      09-16-2012 02:22 AM #114
      The difference is night and day.

Yes, there is a bulb on the right side in the top two pictures.. Lol.
      Last edited by LDxVW; 09-16-2012 at 12:39 PM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2012 02:05 PM #115

Got them today led front turn signal bulbs, no errors and same amber led color as mirror lights, look awesome

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta 2.5SE
      09-16-2012 09:03 PM #116

Got them today led front turn signal bulbs, no errors and same amber led color as mirror lights, look awesome
      Plug and play? Can you post the link to the eBay sale?

17. Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2012 09:35 PM #117
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/280709475309?redirect=mobile good news for you all price went down to 37 from 44, bad news for me the price went down from 44 to 37 After I bought them

18. Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2012 10:55 PM #118
      And yes plug and play, only way these bulbs would work.

19. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      09-17-2012 03:32 PM #119
      Ordered mine from xtralight on 9/7. Still haven't shipped! Is ths common? 10 days? Really?

20. Member
      Vehicles
      09-18-2012 11:33 AM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by ejfontenot View Post
      Ordered mine from xtralight on 9/7. Still haven't shipped! Is ths common? 10 days? Really?
      I received mine in 4 days might want to call or email them

21. 09-18-2012 02:38 PM #121
      Just ordered a pair of these (the amber ones) and got a shipping notice 5 minutes later. Thanks for the great find.

Edit: Ordered the white ones from xtralights as well.
      Last edited by dhaberer; 09-18-2012 at 04:27 PM.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      09-18-2012 06:43 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by dhaberer View Post
      Just ordered a pair of these (the amber ones) and got a shipping notice 5 minutes later. Thanks for the great find.

Edit: Ordered the white ones from xtralights as well.
      Awesome post back once you get them installed,hopefully they work out as well for as they have for me.

23. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      09-19-2012 04:09 PM #123
      I received mine in 4 days might want to call or email them
      Talked to them this morning, quite painful actually. Saying they should ship by Friday. I am doubtful.

24. 09-19-2012 05:08 PM #124
      Talked to them this morning, quite painful actually. Saying they should ship by Friday. I am doubtful.
      I hope my order is shipped with yours. The amber ones have already left California, and I ordered them about 10 minutes before the white ones. I'd like to put them in at the same time, but it doesn't sound hopeful.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      09-19-2012 08:49 PM #125
      Don't know what to tell you, I had great service and fast shipping, maybe a supply issue? I don't know

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast