Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: questions MAZDA B2600i

1. Member
      Vehicles
      86 alpine white gti
      03-14-2012 02:27 AM #1
      I'm considering picking up a mazda B2600i 4x4. I currently drive a focus svt. I love it but I like being able to do truck things, like drive around in the woods and cruise on the beach. I'm wondering how terrible a b2600i on 31s would be without a re-gear. I know that the aftermarket sucks for these trucks unless you're going for a mini truck. does anybody have a 4x4? I have owned a b2200 absolutly gutless but one of my favorite cruising rides (slammed on denali 17's). I'm wondering if I should buy a cheap one or just save my $ and buy a nice ranger 4.0 on 32's

2. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 passat 1.8t, 2001 EV GLS
      05-08-2012 02:05 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by big k View Post
      I'm considering picking up a mazda B2600i 4x4. I currently drive a focus svt. I love it but I like being able to do truck things, like drive around in the woods and cruise on the beach. I'm wondering how terrible a b2600i on 31s would be without a re-gear. I know that the aftermarket sucks for these trucks unless you're going for a mini truck. does anybody have a 4x4? I have owned a b2200 absolutly gutless but one of my favorite cruising rides (slammed on denali 17's). I'm wondering if I should buy a cheap one or just save my $ and buy a nice ranger 4.0 on 32's
      i am not a regular in here, but browse some. I speak from experience when i say that the B2600 is ****. It will get stuck anywhere you take it. Save some money and get a Toyota, Nissan or one of the american varieties. The Mazda is everything you said, gutless, no aftermarket and terrible on 31's which i had on mine. Anything but snow would be more than it could handle. I'd go back and get a S10 or toyota if i could and redo those 6 years of hell i spent trying to find parts for everything that broke on the mazda.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      86 alpine white gti
      05-12-2012 02:15 PM #3
      thanks man I pulled my head out of my ass and I'm looking for a ranger and saving some more $