Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outcasts of SoWo Meet

Vehicles
      AP1
      03-27-2012 10:11 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post

Last year H20i was pretty much destroyed by the JDM idiots. If you like looking at all sorts of cars, fire up google image. Don't come to a VW meet and act like a jackass. "well we don't do that" right. we've seen this the past 2 years at H20i.
      i cant speak for other people but the last 5 years ive attended every major show in a mk4/mk3. so now that i bought an S2000 im suddenly an irresponsible idiot that will show off??
      i fully get what you guys are trying to say. But its close minded imo.
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      03-27-2012 10:18 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      Just to be clear: I was not saying that. I am arguing a completely different point.

Vehicles
      AP1
      03-27-2012 10:20 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Just to be clear: I was not saying that. I am arguing a completely different point.
      my bad
      i agree JDM kids did ruin h2o. i *hope* alot of the reason they were there was the beach. I feel that sowo is more geared towards true enthusiasts and not the semi local douches with jdm cars. Plus there isnt much room in helen to do idiot driving moves!

4. Social Media Iron Man(and Administrator) jebglx's Avatar
      VWvortex Fourtitude SpeedArena Swedespeed
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 5DR
      03-27-2012 11:38 PM #39
      hey guys...keep it on topic & please keep your opinions on non-vag cars out of this thread

thanks

5. 03-28-2012 01:50 AM #40
      i cant speak for other people but the last 5 years ive attended every major show in a mk4/mk3. so now that i bought an S2000 im suddenly an irresponsible idiot that will show off??
      I'm with you - if I ever steer away from Vw's I'll always continue attending SOWO. It's my favorite weekend of the year.. Hands down.

But I'm also with the guy below and see his point. Its not being there, it's not liking other cars. It's the mentality that often accompanies a crowd or group when you stick a bunch of "outcasts" in one place. Kind of like the potential for ill-will is amplified because everyone's common thread is that they're different or excluded from the main group.

That being said - there's a good lot behind the helendorf off edelweiss strausse. It'll have plenty of room for you guys and was largely empty last year. We had looked at it for the mk2 g2g but we're now joining the mk1's on Friday night @ big daddy's. Just a friendly suggestion

6. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      04-03-2012 10:14 AM #41
      close minded b/c we want to enjoy our comradery w/o JDM trying to crash the event? Go to a Honda event, we won't be there to crash your party.

Why do you think the word "outcast" is used? Why do you think these kids show up? It is to stir a reaction or be a problem, don't give me this crap it's all about innocence.

Most of us don't want you there. If you leave the VW community to buy an s2000 go find your brotherhood in your new brand. If you wanted to attend VW events you should have kept your car. (if you even had a vw, i know many people b.s. on the internet)

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 12v, 1997 Honda Accord
      04-04-2012 08:11 AM #42
      close minded b/c we want to enjoy our comradery w/o JDM trying to crash the event? Go to a Honda event, we won't be there to crash your party.

Why do you think the word "outcast" is used? Why do you think these kids show up? It is to stir a reaction or be a problem, don't give me this crap it's all about innocence.

Most of us don't want you there. If you leave the VW community to buy an s2000 go find your brotherhood in your new brand. If you wanted to attend VW events you should have kept your car. (if you even had a vw, i know many people b.s. on the internet)
      I'm sorry, but that makes you look like a complete jacka**.

Vehicles
      2001 A6 2.7T quattro, 98 Volvo S70 T5
      04-05-2012 02:18 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by SirLongHair View Post
      I'm sorry, but that makes you look like a complete jacka**.
      agreed
      98 S70 T5R /// 01 C5 A6 2.7TQ
      iKnit SoWo 12

Vehicles
      AP1
      04-08-2012 02:40 PM #44

Ive racked up 17,000 posts on a vw forum in my elaborate plan to convince people that i did own a vw. You caught me.
      i guess all my vw friends missed the memo, because they're still friends with me after i bought a honda.
      but hey, you know everything about me because i want to bring a non vw to a vw show. for you (sounds like you really need it)

edit-I would be willing to bet that any 'disturbance' comes from a vw kid, thinking its cool to hate on hondas.
      Last edited by Kiddie Rimzo; 04-08-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant
      04-08-2012 04:18 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by jebglx View Post
      hey guys...keep it on topic & please keep your opinions on non-vag cars out of this thread

thanks
      Quoted for those who missed it or chose to ignore it.
      Driversport|| Valley Dubs PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Build Thread

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      04-08-2012 04:40 PM #46
      VW site. VW show. Don't talk about VW's. Got it.

12. 04-08-2012 10:53 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      VW site. VW show. Don't talk about VW's. Got it.
      huh? who said we couldn't talk about VW's?

Vehicles
      1999.5 GTI GLS 2.0(Satin Silver)
      04-08-2012 11:22 PM #48

I don't have any idea what the group of VW owners is like in your area. If they're all like you it sounds like the type of group that would "cruise" around picking races and **** with other cars because your "better" than them and i'm glad i'm not in it. Recently two of the guys in out group (one being kiddie) went to the "dark side" and they still come out to our "VW" GTGs. And I haven't heard one person seriously talk **** on them. If anything we stand in the parking lot and egg kiddie on to hit VTEC in the S2000. I'm not saying if some kid in a riced out civic or something pulled up that i'd exactly compliment him or anything but it's not always about what you drive but the people that drive them.

And what's wrong with them getting together and seeing other non-VW cars. I know a lot of VW owners that attended the "outcast" GTG at H20 this year. Not because they didn't want to see VWs but because they are true enthusiast and realize that not one thing appeals to everyone and that other people can build some pretty insane non-VAG cars and it's ok to appreciate that. Plus you see all the VWs everywhere else and at the show.

In summary I guess you come across as being afraid of the outcasts getting more attention from VAG drivers than your "oh ate gti"

end rant
      Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN337 View Post
      I think its cool when someone does something they want to their car because its their car... I'm just sayin.
      I would have gone with the 3 seat, center drive, that's just me!

Vehicles
      e90
      04-08-2012 11:43 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by logan g View Post
      I don't have any idea what the group of VW owners is like in your area. If they're all like you it sounds like the type of group that would "cruise" around picking races and **** with other cars because your "better" than them and i'm glad i'm not in it. Recently two of the guys in out group (one being kiddie) went to the "dark side" and they still come out to our "VW" GTGs. And I haven't heard one person seriously talk **** on them. If anything we stand in the parking lot and egg kiddie on to hit VTEC in the S2000. I'm not saying if some kid in a riced out civic or something pulled up that i'd exactly compliment him or anything but it's not always about what you drive but the people that drive them.

And what's wrong with them getting together and seeing other non-VW cars. I know a lot of VW owners that attended the "outcast" GTG at H20 this year. Not because they didn't want to see VWs but because they are true enthusiast and realize that not one thing appeals to everyone and that other people can build some pretty insane non-VAG cars and it's ok to appreciate that. Plus you see all the VWs everywhere else and at the show.

In summary I guess you come across as being afraid of the outcasts getting more attention from VAG drivers than your "oh ate gti"

end rant
      this.
      {}__{}

Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      04-09-2012 06:42 PM #50
      a$$holes, youre all a$$holes trying to ruin it for us vw owners. why cant you just leave us alone and go someplace else. jeez, talk about inconsiderate

Ive racked up 17,000 posts on a vw forum in my elaborate plan to convince people that i did own a vw. You caught me.
      i guess all my vw friends missed the memo, because they're still friends with me after i bought a honda.
      ever since you bought your racecar you turned into a real douche and i dont like you anymore
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

16. 04-11-2012 11:30 PM #51
      I drive a Honda and I have to agree that having a non vag meet at a vag meet is lame. But this is the third year I'll be at sowo, I've never once registered or showed, but that doesn't mean I dont get plenty of **** talking. I'm just there to enjoy the cars bc I love love vw, but that doesn't keep the few douche bags from yelling stupid **** about hondas sucking etc. Funny thing is if you came to import alliance you'll never get Honda kids yelling at a clean vw talking **** about it. But if you see a white civic on oz futura's come say what's up, I like all car makes and I don't street race.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12