Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Potholes Suck. not as bad as pallets/rocks though

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      03' T Red Jetta WE
      03-14-2012 03:04 PM #1
      Even worse when you are aware they are coming. On my way home yesterday I hit a pothole on a 2 lane bridge that i know is there, its big and swear it gets bigger every day. Anyway though i was far enough to the left to miss it, nope, truck in front of me hits it i say "oh ish" swerve too late and got the corner of it. Immediately start listing for hissing air....Nothing, Yay! Then notice my steering wheel is titled clock wise a few degrees, and can smell burning rubber. wha wha wha. Pull over jack up car and see that the coil collar and tire have decided to take up the same space and the tire was loosing. Additionally looks like the pothole added some negative camber. Short term fix raised collar, now my conservative low (24.5"ftg) is more prudent (25.5"ftg). Guess I cant push off spacers & an alignment anymore. Anyone Tucson or SV/Ft. H local selling 5-8mm 5x100 spacers? or know of a shop that does. and maybe 15-18mm (for the rear).

Off topic question- Anyone know the name of the shop in south Rita Ranch?

Pics for clicks....

Vehicles
      01 Bora, 95 A6Q Avant, 91 Passat VR6, 80 Caddy, 93 S4, 95 Audi Cabrio
      03-14-2012 04:50 PM #2
      Is that the bridge on Houghton over the railroad tracks?

Not really sure what shop you are talking about. Maybe Avery's?

I have some ECS spacers sitting in my garage, but I don't remember the exact sizes. Don't have bolts for them either. Can check when I get home tonight if you are interested.

Vehicles
      03' T Red Jetta WE
      03-14-2012 05:07 PM #3
      Yep that was the one (well two)

Not sure of the name, i haven't seen one. I may stop by on my way home tonight. they are on a side street off Mary Ann Cleavland, behind the Immigration bus service depot. I think they mainly do JDM cars but have seen a couple A4/S4 around there too.

I would appreciate it if you could find them and let me know.

Vehicles
      03' T Red Jetta WE
      03-15-2012 05:21 PM #4
      Does anyone know of a place in Tucson or SV that sells extended ball seat lugs. Getting spacers but need the bolts to mount them.

Vehicles
      04.5 GLI Blue Lagoon, 89 GLI 16v, 1970 Honda SL350
      03-16-2012 09:09 PM #5
      I got some spacers laying around your more that welcome to have but I think they are 10mm maybe more
      ********************DHP*******************

Vehicles
      03' T Red Jetta WE
      03-18-2012 01:30 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by vwmoon1 View Post
      I got some spacers laying around your more that welcome to have but I think they are 10mm maybe more
      Thanks for the offer, I got some from matkisson. But I am looking for extended bolts if you have some or know where to pic some up local.

Vehicles
      2010 DBM GTI
      03-20-2012 06:36 PM #7
      Finally, a pothole in tucson that I didn't hit.
      2010 DBM MK6 GTI: A bunch of go-fast goodies, and a bunch of stop-fast goodies.

Vehicles
      03' T Red Jetta WE
      03-21-2012 11:26 AM #8
      You got lucky it was bad. Unfortunately I think it bent my coil so the next day i went to take picture of it to send to city/ADOT to reimburse me for cost of strut and hole was filled in.... They knew it was bad and it was just my luck to hit it the day b4 it was fixed. Not sure if i can still report it.

Those who have had to file a claim for damages, who do i notify? ADOT or City or County?

On a positive note I was hearing an awful metallic clicking sound (like ball bearing clicking) from the area of the wheel, that had me thinking i blew an axle or hub bearing. I checked the axle like 3 times, no play, no leaking grease and, hub bearing also looked good which im happy about b/c i replaced it about 4 months ago. So was very WTF... coincidentally yesterday while i was looking at the area again I placed my RC center cap in my car and ended up driving away w/o putting it back on and noticed that the noise was gone . quickly picked up center cap and saw the circlip was loose and was causing the rattle.
      Between the time i hit the pothole and now i must have removed that thing at least 20 times and never caught it. Thats what i get for ASSuming