Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas SoWo Roll Out | May 17th/ 18th

Vehicles
      MkIV,VI Jetta:::'87 QStationW:::'08 TT
      05-10-2012 11:11 PM #36
      Was just thinking here and thought I might offer up a reminder...

Don't forget your: lawn chairs, coolers, beverages, snacks, car detail kit, tool kit just in case, check your spare tire air.

Bringing Mk512 banner. I think Naylor has one too, bring it.

Anything else we are planning, let it be known if we all need to pitch in on something . Want them to really feel the 512 presence
      The Mexicans who assembled my Wolfsburg like German food... good enough for me!
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
      Don't be a vagina. Take it apart

Vehicles
      '92 GTI, '00 Passat
      05-10-2012 11:37 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
      It has been suggested to use Google Latitude for our cruise, and I am in full agreement. It's an easy way to stick together for our SoWo Cruise. If you are interested in using this app for the cruise, PM or text me your email address that you use to set up Google Latitude and I will provide mine in return. You can add and customize/ edit a pic for your profile as well.
      Google latitude -> jumpman513@gmail.com

Official 'tex Google Latitude SoWo Road Trip

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-10-2012 11:45 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by TheWolfsburg View Post
      Was just thinking here and thought I might offer up a reminder...

Don't forget your: lawn chairs, coolers, beverages, snacks, car detail kit, tool kit just in case, check your spare tire air.

Bringing Mk512 banner. I think Naylor has one too, bring it.

Anything else we are planning, let it be known if we all need to pitch in on something . Want them to really feel the 512 presence
      You are forgetting important SOWO items....

BEER!!!! Bring a couple cases each!!! And sunscreen and sharpies!!!

Vehicles
      MkIV Jetta VR, MkVI Jetta GLI
      05-11-2012 12:58 AM #39
      The soloist confirms.
      Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 12:59 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by jr05gti View Post
      Wish I was rollling with you guys. I'll be driving the opposite direction to California for my wedding. Have fun and take lots-o-pics.
      Congrats! Too bad your anniversary will take precedence over SoWo every year.

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      05-11-2012 05:46 AM #41
      Everytime I see this thread, it makes me wanna go so bad! On a bright side soon I'll be a daddy to another beautiful lil girl!
      Last edited by joecastro420; 05-11-2012 at 05:48 AM.
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-11-2012 09:44 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      Everytime I see this thread, it makes me wanna go so bad! On a bright side soon I'll be a daddy to another beautiful lil girl!
      Congrats to you!!!!

Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      05-11-2012 09:49 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Morio View Post
      Congrats to you!!!!
      Thanks Sir!
      Back on the Sowo topic. I hope to be attending my first one, once I make that move over to the East Coast (When I get back from my over seas tour). I cant wait.
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

Vehicles
      '92 GTI, '00 Passat
      05-11-2012 01:43 PM #44
      Thanks Sir!
      Back on the Sowo topic. I hope to be attending my first one, once I make that move over to the East Coast (When I get back from my over seas tour). I cant wait.

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      05-11-2012 02:17 PM #45
      Congratz Sir!

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 08:21 PM #46
      Naylor/cort.... I'm down for a grilled burger and a river floating experience. I'm a very experienced SanMarcos area floater... How different could it be

Where can we get tx flags for our rides? The window attachment kind?

Naylor, you gonna bring the mk512 banner?
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks

Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      05-12-2012 11:45 AM #47
      Naylor/cort.... I'm down for a grilled burger and a river floating experience. I'm a very experienced SanMarcos area floater... How different could it be

Where can we get tx flags for our rides? The window attachment kind?

Naylor, you gonna bring the mk512 banner?
      Cort did inform me that the river is cold as balls, as long as the ambient temp is over 70 I'll be down. I am working on getting us some flags for the cruise. Both some large 3x5 and door flags. I also have a Don't tread on me flag for Uvaldo Sr.

As far a a mk512 banner ...the only one I have ever had was made out of Gordon's Sunvisor and Painters tape for Project512 at driveway for the "Mk512 Grotto". So you've got both a Mk512 banner and you gave a bunch of people except me a homemade Mlk512 T-shirt...thought we were friends

Side not still have a bunch of Mk512 T shirts in Large-XXL if anyone wants one let me know to throw it in the boot (yes that's right I said boot, big woop wanna fight about it?)

I'll have two coolers in my ride (assuming Cort brings one for meat)

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 08:21 PM #48
      Morio: didn't forget... I've got massive coolers of beer in tow and one big azz sharpie. First one to pass out with their shoes on is facked. I remember and you all have been warned (and a bottle of Jameson in honor of...)

Love ya bunches Naylor, we are, didn't forget you intentionally, you just didn't make Vagabahn hand out... I'll get ya next round, promise

I'll have the banner with me and love to sport a flag, lmk $

And I will have two radios.

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-12-2012 11:16 PM #49
      Morio: didn't forget... I've got massive coolers of beer in tow and one big azz sharpie. First one to pass out with their shoes on is facked. I remember and you all have been warned (and a bottle of Jameson in honor of...).
      a tear came to my eye.... Love you guys!!!

15. 05-13-2012 08:33 PM #50
      The plans are to take off with you guys from houston. We driving in wed night from mcallen/brownsville area. I don't see the final spot in houston here. Jason I sent you my gmail address for that google app. If anyone from houston needs a ride, I'm looking for a copilot jaja

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 10:05 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by jespinosa25 View Post
      The plans are to take off with you guys from houston. We driving in wed night from mcallen/brownsville area. I don't see the final spot in houston here. Jason I sent you my gmail address for that google app. If anyone from houston needs a ride, I'm looking for a copilot jaja
      Got your PM, are you guys leaving with the 5am Houston group since you are staying in Houston Wednesday night? There are two groups, a 5am and an 8am Houston SoWo Rollout.
      Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 11:03 PM #52
      3hour difference.... Wondering why everyone just isn't leaving Houston at eight

Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      05-14-2012 09:23 AM #53
      3hour difference.... Wondering why everyone just isn't leaving Houston at eight
      Agreed

Vehicles
      1985 GTi VR6'ed, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe ALMS editon
      05-14-2012 10:32 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by jespinosa25 View Post

I posted it on the page prior to this one? It's at the San Jacinto Mall in Baytown.

Vehicles
      2007 Banana GLI
      05-14-2012 10:44 AM #55
      Wheels are mounted and car is clean. Just gotta get beer and pack and im ready to roll!
      Mk512
      Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
      For every NASCAR fan in Austin there are 10 hipsters on fixies.
      Quote Originally Posted by Form Ocean View Post
      In Soviet Russia, stance works you.

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 11:26 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post
      It's at the San Jacinto Mall in Baytown.
      Cort, I haven't got confirmation that this is the spot for both groups. Please advise.

In regards to two groups, there are people that wanted to leave early but cannot, so they are leaving at 8am.

Also, the Austin/ Waco drivers didn't want to have to leave at 2am/ 1am to leave with the earlier group.

Just to put this out there, if majority rules, I'm up for just being our own SoWo Roll Out group (Austin/ Waco). We'll go North rather than South with the majority of the drive being on I-20.

We still have 3 days to iron that out if that's what everyone wants, and by everyone I mean drivers. My GTI will now have 2 GoPros as well as 2 DSLRs for snaps.

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 11:26 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by kerrnalangus View Post
      Wheels are mounted and car is clean. Just gotta get beer and pack and im ready to roll!
      Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 11:40 AM #58
      Anyone have a site in/hear Helen for the detail.. I don't really want to do it here and then drive there.

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-14-2012 12:43 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      Anyone have a site in/hear Helen for the detail.. I don't really want to do it here and then drive there.
      My suggestion is to detail it now.... then you will only have to worry about pre show wash...... most hotels will let you use their hose if asked.. and do it first thing Friday morning before the place is crowded and idiots ruin the kindness of the hotel manager

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI(SOLD), 2010 Passat Wagon, 2012 Jetta GLI(SOLD), 2011 CC R Line
      05-14-2012 02:51 PM #60
      Leaving the Dallas area around 8:30PM Wednesday

If anyone is enroute around that time, we can possibly meet up

Google latitude ajpena@gmail.com
      AJ
      Instagram: aj_p

26. 05-14-2012 03:54 PM #61
      Got your PM, are you guys leaving with the 5am Houston group since you are staying in Houston Wednesday night? There are two groups, a 5am and an 8am Houston SoWo Rollout.
      Thanks, I got it. Well of what I've heard from my other buddies is rolling at 5am. I'm going to look for a hotel near the mall so we wond delay. If anything, I'll let you know by Wed morning.

My suggestion is to detail it now.... then you will only have to worry about pre show wash...... most hotels will let you use their hose if asked.. and do it first thing Friday morning before the place is crowded and idiots ruin the kindness of the hotel manager

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 04:23 PM #62
      Made this drive a few times before since I'm from GA... detailing now could be a waste.. One good road full of bugs and then its game over!
      Last edited by DT EXP; 05-14-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Vehicles
      1985 GTi VR6'ed, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe ALMS editon
      05-14-2012 04:25 PM #63
      Made this drive a few time since I'm from GA... detailing now will a waste.. One good road full of bugs and then its game over!
      Yeah, there is a car wash in town. One of my favorite things about the weekend is going to that car wash and watching everyone wash their cars.

Cort, I haven't got confirmation that this is the spot for both groups. Please advise.

In regards to two groups, there are people that wanted to leave early but cannot, so they are leaving at 8am.
      Fair enough, I talked to Ben (Leading the 8am route) He said the meeting place has been moved to 7-7:30 at The Chevron at 9805 Main Street

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9805+M...SWDGNpTVbM6ikA

Quote Originally Posted by Marble
      Also, the Austin/ Waco drivers didn't want to have to leave at 2am/ 1am to leave with the earlier group.

Just to put this out there, if majority rules, I'm up for just being our own SoWo Roll Out group (Austin/ Waco). We'll go North rather than South with the majority of the drive being on I-20.

We still have 3 days to iron that out if that's what everyone wants, and by everyone I mean drivers. My GTI will now have 2 GoPros as well as 2 DSLRs for snaps.
      I said my original "idea" which should be called "idead" now, was to leave Wednesday early evening, go down to Houston. Have dinner with a few of them, which would entail us going over the route with everyone, painter taping our cars, situating what channels we are going to use for the cruise with the radios, and filling up our cars so that come morning, we'd be ready to go with the early cruisers with no hiccups. I made this plan up like a week and a half ago

Now, I understand that now we have guys coming from San Antonio, and can't make that happen, Then, I find out Waldo is going for sure. Then I find out Jesse is also coming. So naturally, things have changed. Naylor and I discussed the situation over the weekend, and due to his occupational circumstances, he doesn't think he'll be able to make the original plan either. So, adjustments need to be made.

Since you obviously are making note by saying "drivers", my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm going to voice it anyway.

Rolling North makes sense only for Jesse, because the route is shorter. However, there are only 3 people leaving Dallas on thursday, and that's Drew (Dorbritz) but he's leaving at 5am and dropping his kid off at Grandma's in Louisiana, Joelzy (which it says he'll be leaving at 7am, but I bet he leaves with Drew at 5), and Rob (also says he leaves at 7am). So, in order for Jesse to make time to meet any of them he'll have to be leaving waco at 4:30ish. But whatever, it's y'all's choice.

If we roll south through Houston, and meet up with the 8am roll out. We'll be meeting up with about a group of 11-12 cars. Bigger groups are more fun. Period. It's a bonding experience, makes for better shoots, less chance of getting pulled over, less boredom, and is just a better overall good time.

Plus, the guy who made all the Magnets for the cruise is in Austin, and is going to give me the magnets tomorrow at the Draught Haus, so I can deliver the magnets to the 8am crew.

The route through Houston is just as fast as through Dallas. I've done both, as long as we go around New Orleans we'll be fine.
      Last edited by Cort; 05-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-14-2012 06:22 PM #64
      Made this drive a few times before since I'm from GA... detailing now could be a waste.. One good road full of bugs and then its game over!
      I think we have different interpretations of detail then sounds like you didn't need your question answered! have a safe trip and enjoy the show

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 07:09 PM #65
      lol, :highfive:

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 07:16 PM #66
      lol Cort...I said "drivers" because the responsibilty of getting to Helen, GA safely is on us. My original plan when none of the Austin crew was even talking to me was heading to Houston to meet with the 8am Houston SoWo Roll Out. Your opinion most certainly matters especially considering you have been on the treks to SoWo before. And, well shit, looking at Google Maps, driving North is actually a longer drive! Ha!
      Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 08:03 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post

Rolling North makes sense only for Jesse, because the route is shorter. However, there are only 3 people ..".
      Glad we can agree the obvious choice is to cater to me, about time some started talking some sense around here

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 08:30 AM #68
      Wolfsburg- oil changed, rotation, washed, cleaner waxed, polished, waxed, and super dooper ghetto front end protection installed! fk road trip bugs!

BIG NEWS: It will be an honor to share my 100,000 mile party with you all this trip.... 98,723 at the moment get ready for a mid cruise celebration!

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 09:32 PM #69

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-15-2012 10:32 PM #70