Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: H&R Sport Spring Question

1. 03-14-2012 10:47 PM #1
      The specs say 1.22 inch drop on a MK VI GTI. When I climb into the car it drops almost an inch. When I load my family into the car am I gonna run into rubbing issues especially in tight turns over say a speed bump? This wont be the 1st car I dropped but it will be the 1st car I just put springs on. All others I've used coiovers and I even went lower. I'm getting a little older and don't want to bounce down the road but I'm also tired of getting nose bleeds from being in the clouds. BTW, I plan to stick with my stock 18's with the current stock offset. Even later if I change wheels I will keep offsets the same. Somebody please tell me I wont be screwing up my car and why.

Thanks

Signed
      The Dumb@$$

2. 03-15-2012 11:13 AM #2
      Wow! 75 views and not 1 comment? Not even some @$$hole saying "Use the search!" ??? I left the Vortex for a couple years while I tried on other vehicles. Once I decided that only a VW fit me well, I decided to come back to what was once the most helpful bunch of people I've ever communicated with. This place sure has changed.

Vehicles
      2010 BGP Jetta S
      03-19-2012 03:52 PM #3
      first
      2010 BGP Jetta | my soundcloud - trance/progressive/etc | LatemodelRestoration.com

UM Tune | BSH intake | Votex exhaust | ECS light crank pulley | Koni orange and Neuspeed race | Misc visual

Vehicles
      2010 BGP Jetta S
      03-19-2012 03:53 PM #4
      just kidding.

i lowered mine 2", and still have stock shocks (temporary!).

i've never rubbed, even with a full set of wheels in my back seat/trunk and my gf in the front. now i know they don't weigh as much as an entire family but i can't see you rubbing if i'm not.
      2010 BGP Jetta | my soundcloud - trance/progressive/etc | LatemodelRestoration.com

UM Tune | BSH intake | Votex exhaust | ECS light crank pulley | Koni orange and Neuspeed race | Misc visual

5. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      03-30-2012 12:59 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluDubber View Post
      The specs say 1.22 inch drop on a MK VI GTI. When I climb into the car it drops almost an inch. When I load my family into the car am I gonna run into rubbing issues especially in tight turns over say a speed bump? This wont be the 1st car I dropped but it will be the 1st car I just put springs on. All others I've used coiovers and I even went lower. I'm getting a little older and don't want to bounce down the road but I'm also tired of getting nose bleeds from being in the clouds. BTW, I plan to stick with my stock 18's with the current stock offset. Even later if I change wheels I will keep offsets the same. Somebody please tell me I wont be screwing up my car and why.

Thanks

Signed
      The Dumb@$$
      Are you running stock shocks on it?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      N/A
      03-31-2012 04:34 AM #6
      How much do you weigh?

That could explain the distance that the car drops when you get in.