Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Some recent shots, how did I do?

1. 03-15-2012 01:23 AM #1
      Well since my last lexus/vw shoot thread went SO well I thought I might take a little more interest and try to get out and shoot a little more. So here are a few shots over the last week or so that I thought weren't horrible. I'm sure they are not everyones taste especially the angle one of the car but whatever I'm having fun with it and not trying to make a living...Let me know what you think.

8(through the sunroof in my car)

Last edited by pshannon68; 03-15-2012 at 01:36 AM.

2. 03-15-2012 09:31 PM #2
      Any thoughts or tips for the future?

3. Banned JacksSenseOfRejection's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1986 Volvo 240
      03-15-2012 10:16 PM #3
      #1-3) just look like snap shots and have crooked horizon lines

#4) Don't use dutch angles if you're not sure what there intended use is. That photo just looks crooked.

#5) Do you see how all the antenna and trees poke up out of the car like your car is a porcupine?

#6) Fake HDR is bad. Don't mess with HDR, that fad is over and slowly dying.

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      03-15-2012 11:57 PM #4
      Nice, you spotted Maryland One! Saw it at San Jose when I was boarding a flight to LA. The Terp in me was ecstatic.

More here
      Take my fusion hybrid, please! Blue 2013 titanium package, goes to the first person that will take it for only what is owed. PM me if serious.

I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

5. 03-16-2012 01:24 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection View Post
      #1-3) just look like snap shots and have crooked horizon lines

#4) Don't use dutch angles if you're not sure what there intended use is. That photo just looks crooked.

#5) Do you see how all the antenna and trees poke up out of the car like your car is a porcupine?

#6) Fake HDR is bad. Don't mess with HDR, that fad is over and slowly dying.
      Yeah your right, 1-3 were pretty much just snap shots, liked the sunset so grabbed a couple shots, I thought 1 turned out ok though.

Yeah I know people keep saying to stop the agnles but straight on is just boring to me. We had a lexus meet a week ago and I tired to just do straight on pics, no crazy angle but I haven't had a chance to check them out. I'll post them up when I get a chance.

Yeah I saw that too but the way the plane approached that was the only way to get the shot. Mabye I could try waiting till the plane got closer and try to shoot from a lower angle up towards the sky more...

Wasn't trying to do HDR, I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to editing, and I was messing with the light/dark shadows/highlights and it came out like that. Right now I'm playing with the adobe elements 10 trial and then i'll try lightroom 4 before I buy one.

What about the last 3? Decent shots?

Thanks for the tips.

6. 03-16-2012 01:26 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Nice, you spotted Maryland One! Saw it at San Jose when I was boarding a flight to LA. The Terp in me was ecstatic.

More here
      Yeah I thought that was really cool, never seen it before and got lucky.

03-16-2012 01:45 PM #7
      When your subject looks like it's coming down from the heavens with an angel's halo around it, you need to put photoshop away and focus on getting exposure correct in-camera
      shaneparkerphoto.com
      ---
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. ~Frank Sinatra

8. 03-16-2012 07:34 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by pshannon68 View Post
      Yeah I know people keep saying to stop the agnles but straight on is just boring to me. We had a lexus meet a week ago and I tired to just do straight on pics, no crazy angle but I haven't had a chance to check them out. I'll post them up when I get a chance.
      No, your problem is the subjects. Car meets are never good photographic opportunities.