Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Death Wobble

1. 03-16-2012 03:21 PM #1
      So I am getting the dreaded wobble at about 42 MPH on my 01 AR. I put 2 piece 19" wheels on and it got worse. I have replaced the wheels back to factory with new tires but when I went to get an alignment, they were unable to loosen the inner tie rod bolts. Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

Also, I have heard to fix the wobble, I am going to need a stabalizer bar....can someone point me in the right direction to get one. I plan on redoing tie rods, the stabalizer bar and rotors in hopes that this fixes the issue. Anything else I need to do? Please help!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      71 KGhia, 64 Bug w/99 crossflow, 2001 Golf w/jetta front end & 2002 Jetta wagon + more to come
      03-16-2012 10:16 PM #2
      I also have the wobble...only suggestion on the outer tie rods is replace the inner and outer. If they are frozen they will not come apart(ask me how I know). The wobble is usually linked to bad inboard CV joints. Jack it up and see how much slop you have on the inner CV's. I have a new axle to put in, just need to find the time.

3. 02-12-2013 04:16 PM #3
      I changed the all 4 axles, new tires, new wheels, new brakes, new rotor, new control arms.....im at a loss! Im thinking rear drive shaft and/or motor mounts.....any suggestions?

4. 02-21-2013 10:44 PM #4
      If you still changed all of that and still have the problem, you may have to replace this:
      Drive Shaft Support Bearing

What kind of CV's did you use as replacements?
      My name is Meshnaw on Quattroworld.

5. 03-13-2013 11:55 AM #5
      I bought the CVS from blauparts

6. 03-31-2013 04:01 PM #6
      had the same issue, but my problem was front axles, mounts will def do it also!