Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Question on a CEL I threw today...

1. 03-16-2012 11:08 PM #1
      Installed a Carbonio CAI on my 08 2.5L Jetta this week. I will say upfront that I don't have the MAF ring, it didn;t come with one. Today after about the 300th mile with it on during a longish day trip I through a CEL. I noticed right before it threw this code the temp reading on the display was noticeably colder than it really was outside, at least 20 degrees.

I have a friend that has VAGCOM and is going to run it tomorrow but any insight that any one can offer up is appreciated. I have tried to search on here, google and anywhere else I could think of.

Car is running normal, with the exception of the CEL.

Thank you in advance,

Daren

2. 03-16-2012 11:18 PM #2
      One other thing to add, my car is APR stage 1 tuned. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks,

D

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      03-17-2012 02:17 AM #3
      My 07 threw a CEL after I installed mine too. The code was for a bad air/fuel mixture. It popped twice and I cleared it, hasn't popped since. Seemed to just be the car getting used to the CAI.

4. 03-17-2012 02:30 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferd Burfel View Post
      My 07 threw a CEL after I installed mine too. The code was for a bad air/fuel mixture. It popped twice and I cleared it, hasn't popped since. Seemed to just be the car getting used to the CAI.
      Thanks Ferd. I am getting a MAF insert for sure, may just make one myself tomorrow as I am sure that won't hurt. Like I said, I will get the VAGCOM in the morning but I hope it is what you were saying. I was also concerned because the temperature was so far off while I was driving. It also came on after a fill up but I checked my cap and it seemed fully closed.

Hoping it is something simple and can be cleared/fixed in the morning.