VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ordered my realistic dream car. (AMG content)

33K views 187 replies 103 participants last post by  .:1of1500:. 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to share with you my new car order and background story if you care :p

I've been driving for 12 years, and I've always wanted to own a special (to me) car, aka an ///M, AMG, RS Porsche's etc.

I had a tdi jetta mkiv hence the username, then a mkv gti, and now my 2009 acura tl sh awd (which i might keep for daily/winter duty)

I had always been the type to be financially prudent, not spend too much and live below my means. But always had a goal to buy myself a realistic dream car before I turn 30. I'm now 28, live on my own and can finally afford something like this. I looked at many different cars, from a used 997.1 turbo, to 997.2 carrera S to GTR's, m3's etc. Basically all the enthusiast cars available from 80-100k

I'm a big guy, 6'3 250lbs, the porsche's were a bit too narrow for me to feel really confortable, however the 991's are great at that. But I felt that I have room later on in my life for a porsche. Whereas I have always wanted a big honkin' v8 that makes an amazing sound. 3 years ago when i was buying my acura, i test drove a 4 door c63. Loved it, but not the interior. I was patient, and when the coupe came out I had to have it. So I finalized my order a few weeks ago. Should receive the car in May.

I ordered the coupe, with the performance package, the 19's and premium package in Canada. Car will have 481 hp, L.S.D and some other performance goodies. I got the same color combo as the one pictured. It took 1 test drive to be hooked. I'm so excited and I cannot believe it's finally going to happen. :D

See less See more
#9 ·
Beautiful choice! Nothing sounds more wicked than an AMG V8! Beautiful color combo too!

However, I was hoping it would have been a Porsche...so I could have posted this video.

He11 I'm doing it anyway!! :laugh:

#14 ·
funny thing about that Carl Wolf video, that Phantom and car shop is my cousin's :laugh:

I didn't go for the GTR for a few reasons.

-It's crazy fast yes, however the difference in speed and feel, I actually preferred the C63.
-Sound wise, no comparison. I'm doing a double x pipe when I get the car and will have a great N.A sound and can't wait. The gtr is a twin turbo six, still sounds good, but not what I'm looking for.
-When you're not driving crazy, the C is actually a nice luxury car. Nice safety features and a great looking interior, the asymmetry of the gtr's interior and vents kind of bothered me.
-I felt the C Class has some class to it, and that pano sun roof is amazing. Could not care less about m3's carbon fiber top, i don't track my cars, don't have time to. And if i wanted to track i would just buy a beater dedicated car. No sense in taking these somewhat expensive cars on track IMO.

As for my line of work, I am sales director in construction projects, also a manager working with our foreman and take care of customer service and details for sales. Have been buying and selling condos for a while. And soon will get my general contractor's license and will start a small project within the next 2 years :)

#19 · (Edited)
I will be getting a custom double x pipe setup done locally, will end up sounding like this :laugh:
Congrats :beer:, and that is a godly sound, hope everything works out well.

#21 ·
Two big thumbs up! Glad to see that people still save for their dreams. I bought one of my dream cars about two years ago, a 1962 Thunderbird, when I was 29. No where near as nice as an AMG, but I've loved bullet birds since I was young.

Definitely post up vids when you get it! :thumbup::laugh:

#22 ·
I always set goals for myself, and do my best to achieve them. Without goals, life is boring and stale. Next goal, a classic exotic, something that will not depreciate. Diablo is on my priority list, my damn neighbor has one (well dad's neighbor) and that thing makes my jaw drop when i see it. Timeless.

Car Wolf is actually a pretty cool guy, went out to a few shows with him as I know some of his entourage (as funny as that sounds).

1962 thunderbirds are awesome!

I always wanted an older classic, however I am no good at maintaining an older car and don't have time to work on them. So this amg is like an old muscle car in terms of power and feel :laugh:

#25 ·
Be careful with the Diablos. They are reasonable to purchase, but from all indications they are a nightmare to maintain. I've been looking at various Lamborghinis the past few months and everybody that I've talked to has said to stay away from Diablos unless you have a ton of money and patience

And I can only imagine how this thread is going to go once the usual TCL cast of characters reads about your age and how much you spent on a car. I applaud your decision though :thumbup:

#26 ·
that's one of the reasons I decided to buy asap and not wait. The turbo v8's are awesome, but they're here to stay, therefore will eventually have one. Time to enjoy this beast as I think it's the last big v8 euro car to be built.

The color is amazing, it's called magnetite black. Deep black with some grey in it, very classy color. :heart:

#27 ·
I hear what you're saying about the diablo, however my mentality is if you're buying a 100k exotic. Have at least 150k set aside to cover purchase and maintenance. I would never go in a purchase like that unless I was financially prepared. A car like that, or a countach (which i don't fit in :() would be kept till the day I die.

#31 ·
Congrats OP, I know your exact feeling and love your choice.:thumbup: I agree you have one of the last N/A big high revving v8s shoehorned into a small car. Don't get rid of it because that motor might become a classic.

I was in the same position as you and bought my dream car for my 27th birthday after I had gotten married, got a good job, bought a house, etc... and I don't regret the decision at all. You only live once and no one wants to be driving their dream car when they're old, bald, and fat :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.