Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ordered my realistic dream car. (AMG content)

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      03-19-2012 12:53 PM #71
      Congrats on the car, that's a fantastic purchase. Though with how big you say you are, how do you find the seat bolsters? Every C63 I've ever sat in has what I consider to be pretty tight bolsters--great for back road fun, but I question how comfortable they would be on a regular basis. I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs, so I'm not huge, but I'm also not small. Either way though, a big nasty NA V8 should be experienced at least once in every gear head's life---and you certainly chose an excellent example.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata LS, 2006 Corvette-Sold, 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (RIP)
      03-19-2012 12:57 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Woo View Post
      Don't know why, but I was somehow under the impression that they were starting to make manual AMGs only very recently. I'm most likely remembering wrong.
      They have a few AMGs that have some kind of non-torque converter automatic. It's still an auto, but it's not a traditional slushbox. I think that's what you're probably thinking of

3. 03-19-2012 12:58 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
      Do you have any idea of what the value of the 80k you've sunk will be 30 years with compound interest? That's not to mention the outrageous insurance and that you have basically nowhere where you can drive the thing fast.

You're 28, there should be plenty of fun things to do without spending all of that money on a car. Be prepared for the endless slew of small penis jokes from pretty much everyone you know.
      As usual it is only a matter of time...

Any car costing over 25k brings out the idiots that have to know how much you make for a living before they can bless your "overspending" on a nice car. All the while, they drive VWs from the 80s that they have sunk 35k into over the last 2 years - fixing it up so its in nice condition...

gotta love TCL.

I do know a couple young men that got out of college and at the age of 25 or 26 bought cars that made them stretch on a monthly basis to find the payments... that is sad to see. But I would never tell someone they paid too much for a car.. or that the car wasn't worth it. That **** is just rude.. and I leave that to the petty haters.

I am with other people that have said "what no manual?" :-)

Nice car OP. One of the nicest Benzos on the road is now yours. Those that die having enjoyed life are the winners. Congrats to the OP.
      Last edited by x1000rpms; 03-19-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, E34 540i
      03-19-2012 01:12 PM #74
      Gorgeous car, congratulations. I'll be waiting for the sound clips!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumis_Wolfy View Post
      why do people say brand new cars are their dream cars?

dream cars to me are cars ive wanted half my life. Not something that came out six months ago.

I don't know.. I'm just sayin.
      There is another thread for those who wish to argue about what constitutes a dream car. Go post in there.
      The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad.

Tschüß Gilda
      Hallo Birgit

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA
      03-19-2012 01:26 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      dream car, but it's not a mk3 gti?
      you sir are a gentlemen, and a scholar.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

Vehicles
      2009 Nissan GTR/1999 Acura RL
      03-19-2012 02:14 PM #76
      if this car was available in a manual, I'd still opt for the MCT. IMO it suits the character of the car more. As much as I love manual, I don't see myself buying a new car with one, older cars, classics 100% though.

Addressing the bolsters, the coupe actually has a bit more wiggle room, since the bolsters near my obliques AKA love handles are non existent so that the seat can fold forward. Sedan still has the bolsters all the way down.

And when I sleep, I see C63's, therefore dream car. When I get into deeper sleep, I dream of things I cannot afford

7. 03-19-2012 02:32 PM #77

dream cars to me are cars ive wanted half my life. Not something that came out six months ago.

what does it matter?

its someone purchasing something he/she desires, not something he/she has to compromise on

03-19-2012 02:37 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by dieseldub1 View Post
      I always set goals for myself, and do my best to achieve them. Without goals, life is boring and stale. Next goal, a classic exotic, something that will not depreciate. Diablo is on my priority list, my damn neighbor has one (well dad's neighbor) and that thing makes my jaw drop when i see it. Timeless.

Car Wolf is actually a pretty cool guy, went out to a few shows with him as I know some of his entourage (as funny as that sounds).

1962 thunderbirds are awesome!

I always wanted an older classic, however I am no good at maintaining an older car and don't have time to work on them. So this amg is like an old muscle car in terms of power and feel
      big props to you man . Enjoy it while you can! My dream car is also a C63 AMG!

9. 03-19-2012 02:48 PM #79
      I always wanted an older classic, however I am no good at maintaining an older car and don't have time to work on them. So this amg is like an old muscle car in terms of power and feel
      Oddly enough.. I feel like we are almost in a modern renaissance of the muscle car... The cars are far more luxurious and better built though.. and practically none of them are made in the US.

There are soo many great powerful heavy luxurious cars out there if you have some cash to spend...

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      03-19-2012 03:15 PM #80
      congratulations dude! have fun in that thing....i am sure you are going to love it. i am jealous.

Vehicles
      E90 328i ZSP
      03-19-2012 03:40 PM #81
      The exhaust note is unreal! Congrats, it is an amazing vehicle. I would take it over the M3 and RS4, CTS-V.

Vehicles
      Pick up truck
      03-19-2012 03:56 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
      Do you have any idea of what the value of the 80k you've sunk will be 30 years with compound interest? That's not to mention the outrageous insurance and that you have basically nowhere where you can drive the thing fast.

You're 28, there should be plenty of fun things to do without spending all of that money on a car. Be prepared for the endless slew of small penis jokes from pretty much everyone you know.
      You, GTFO, this is TCL, not financial lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by RS4PD
      You only live once and no one wants to be driving their dream car when they're old, bald, and fat .

Vehicles
      Thundercougarfalconbird
      03-19-2012 04:05 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by RS4PD View Post
      I actually need to update the sig as we sold the C43 when we had the second kid and bought the Flex. However, I do have a w140 S500 now on the driveway now that I am in love with.

My brother just bought a 2012 E63 and I really wish he bought one of the remaining 2011's they had that shared your motor. It is a fast car but you definitely made the right decision.

And speaking of goals, I've set my next one to be either a 993 C2S or a 996 GT3. I'm leaning toward the 993 because of how classic it will always be but the sheer fun of the GT3 has me still looking for a nice one of them too. And the next goal after that will be a 71 280SL.......
      Saif, jump on the 280SL dream FIRST. Those damn things keep going UP in value!

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 540i, '09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
      03-19-2012 04:12 PM #84
      good stuff man. classy and a beast, can't go wrong with that combo.

i have the same goal and am currently 22 and making good progress. by the time i start closing in on 30, an F430 w/ 6-speed manual will cost pennies

Vehicles
      a van
      03-19-2012 04:19 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      The exhaust note is unreal! Congrats, it is an amazing vehicle. I would take it over the M3 and RS4, CTS-V.
      not sure if i personally would take the C63 over an M3 or RS4, but you are spot on about the exhaust. it is ridiculous. i remember starting up my friend's C63 in a full parking garage at school, and it set off some alarms of cars next to it
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

16. 03-19-2012 04:21 PM #86
      wow, the c-class has gone a long way !!

AMG is top-notch too

i'd figure you might prefer the quattro from audi being from canada when it snows (not sure if the a5/s5 has that feature)

Vehicles
      C55 AMG sans "man pedal" after 19+ years of VWs
      03-19-2012 04:23 PM #87

Well, I'm just sayin' that nothing made in your coveted pre-'93 time frame can touch this car for sheer speed or refinement. I'd venture to guess that's what makes it his dream car.
      A list of mods, all cars ever owned and something cribbed from a book, song and/or movie were all just here. Sorry you missed out on my unique, snowflake-like individuality.

Click http://i.imgur.com/5wiUNUX.jpg for a Golden Era Honda wall-collage lovingly made by some dork's grammy. I'm kidding. Said dork did it himself.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      03-19-2012 04:24 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
      i'd figure you might prefer the quattro from audi being from canada when it snows (not sure if the a5/s5 has that feature)
      Not everywhere in Canada snows that badly. Personally, I get about half the snow that the poor saps on the NY side of Lake Ontario get. The populated west coast also gets little snow, like the US PNW (until you hit the mountains, in either case).

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 04:31 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
      wow, the c-class has gone a long way !!

AMG is top-notch too

I can count on my hands the number of days I would consider AWD a benefit this year. My non-enthusiast friend drove through some bad winters in a 300c. That's why I'm leaning towards keeping the acura for the crappy days and going to work in it, construction sites make so much dust that parking my car at my sales trailer is becomes covered in hours.

Vehicles
      08 Acura TSX, 09 Triumph Street Triple 675
      03-19-2012 04:31 PM #90
      Congratulations, I hope you had looked at insurance rates before the purchase and didn't get that surprise after.
      Logic'd.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 540i, '09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
      03-19-2012 04:33 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Not everywhere in Canada snows that badly. Personally, I get about half the snow that the poor saps on the NY side of Lake Ontario get. The populated west coast also gets little snow, like the US PNW (until you hit the mountains, in either case).
      US PNW actually got significantly more snow than Vancouver this year. I've driven the last 2 years year-round in an S2000 without issue.

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 04:45 PM #92
      haven't checked insurance yet. didn't want that stopping me from buying the car. I got quoted for a GTR which is over 100k at 1900$ a year. So I'm expecting somewhere around there. Maybe less because i'll ensure 2 cars? We'll see

Vehicles
      Bent M
      03-19-2012 05:14 PM #93
      I can count on my hands the number of days I would consider AWD a benefit this year. My non-enthusiast friend drove through some bad winters in a 300c. That's why I'm leaning towards keeping the acura for the crappy days and going to work in it, construction sites make so much dust that parking my car at my sales trailer is becomes covered in hours.
      Oh give it up. Daily drive the thing. Get it covered in dust. Melt the tires. Drive underneath a long underpass just to hear the exhaust note. Do donuts in a parking lot.

You bought it to drive no to polish. We all die one day. Enjoy it while you have it -- as has already been pointed out (), the car will depreciate either way. Enjoy the damn thing while you have it.
      I TCL.

Vehicles
      C55 AMG sans "man pedal" after 19+ years of VWs
      03-19-2012 05:36 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Oh give it up. Daily drive the thing. Get it covered in dust. Melt the tires. Drive underneath a long underpass just to hear the exhaust note. Do donuts in a parking lot.

You bought it to drive no to polish. We all die one day. Enjoy it while you have it -- as has already been pointed out (), the car will depreciate either way. Enjoy the damn thing while you have it.
      I'm doing this with my new-to-me C55. To HELL with gas prices!! I drove 16v VWs for 17+ years and have suffered long enough. Give me torque, or give me DEATH!!

I've lain many a patch in the local NYC-like tunnel under the highway with the windows down. It's so childish and immature I keep going back for more. /40 years old
      A list of mods, all cars ever owned and something cribbed from a book, song and/or movie were all just here. Sorry you missed out on my unique, snowflake-like individuality.

Click http://i.imgur.com/5wiUNUX.jpg for a Golden Era Honda wall-collage lovingly made by some dork's grammy. I'm kidding. Said dork did it himself.

Vehicles
      '13 Flex Ecoboost, '08 RS4, '07 GT3 RS, '03 GTI 20th AE, '98 C43 AMG, '98 S500, '95 F512 M, '88 M6
      03-19-2012 06:02 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by SVT2888 View Post
      Saif, jump on the 280SL dream FIRST. Those damn things keep going UP in value!
      I know, it is ridiculous.

Even 190sl's are demanding the same money 280's were 5-6 yrs ago. I love the look of the 190sl but could never buy one knowing how much better of a car the 280 is.

And at least the P-cars are just holding steady right now.......

OP - I know you don't even have the car yet but any aftermarket plans already invading your dreams?

Vehicles
      E90 328i ZSP
      03-19-2012 07:00 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      not sure if i personally would take the C63 over an M3 or RS4, but you are spot on about the exhaust. it is ridiculous. i remember starting up my friend's C63 in a full parking garage at school, and it set off some alarms of cars next to it
      There is just this "rawness" about the C63 that the others lack.

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 10:19 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by RS4PD View Post
      OP - I know you don't even have the car yet but any aftermarket plans already invading your dreams?

double x pipe configuration same as vid I posted earlier

Vehicles
      '93 Audi 80 (B4)
      03-19-2012 10:27 PM #98

Not sure, I didn't think there needed to be a time stipulation for something to be that desirable. As an analogy, you could've just met some girl at a glance one night and say that it's the girl of your dreams. It doesn't mean that you've known her or always wanted her for a long time, it's just that ideally you have an image in your head of what's perfect or the best for you and it fits that.

Nice car OP. I've been reading about the AMG Black Series version of this car and I would be extremely tempted though I think they've all been accounted for.
      Last edited by Tuneman7; 03-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Vehicles
      997TT, F80 M3
      03-19-2012 10:43 PM #99
      Congrats on the car, OP. I really like your choice of color combo. I did a similar thing and bought my GT-R a few months before I turned 30 as a gift to myself. Those are the best gifts anyway
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. AWE exhaust, Cobb Stage 2, H&R, BBS CH-R in widebody fitment.
      '15 F80 M3 6MT: Alpine White / Sakhir: Exec pkg, LEDs, carbon roof, Harman Kardon, black 19s, etc
      Past: 300 hp B5 A4, 500 hp Evo 8, 2 450 hp E92 335s, 520hp C6 Z06, and a 750 hp CBA GT-R

Vehicles
      2008 A4 S-Line Titanium QTM, 2000 A4 QTM, 1993 Audi 90S (sold), 1992 Toyota Corolla
      03-19-2012 10:57 PM #100
      Congrats man One of the most desirable Benzes out there
      Unf*ckwithable

Vehicles
      2014 GLI Edition 30, 2012 JK, 1989 E30
      03-19-2012 11:00 PM #101
      Excellent choice and a bad ass car for sure. WAY better then anything else you listed. Congrats, celebrate, have fun as if you are buying this car, you have earned it.
      A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
      George S. Patton

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      03-19-2012 11:12 PM #102
      Nice! My friend had the 2009 C63 AMG and that thing was a monster. Enjoy the car man, very well deserved!

Vehicles
      C63
      03-19-2012 11:24 PM #103
      Congrats! I daily drive my C63 Sedan and it's absolutely sublime!!! The amount of torque it carries makes it fun for EVERY situation and not just some times like the M3 does. Low revs high revs, it just goes like stink.

34. 03-20-2012 12:11 AM #104
      In for pics.

Vehicles
      03-22-2012 06:18 PM #105
      got the TL serviced, oil change, tranny fluid, diff fluid. Keep it driving nice till the C63 arrives. Most likely I will just trade it in. It's 2 years worth of payments almost. So trade that in and drive the C all the time. Might take over a 4-5 month lease of a regular car for winter. It'll cost less than winter wheels and tires for the AMG

I'm just bored, waiting for my car. I cannot wait.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast