Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really stressed

1. Member
      03-26-2012 06:10 PM #36
      losers I tell ya. Our day care lady is super nice, but a whack job with the hospital stuff. Her son got a cold and she rushed him to the ER and then she got the flu and called an ambulance to come pick her up at home. We had a hell of a time explaining to them that we aren't wired like that and to not call us everytime our daughter falls down and cries.

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      03-26-2012 06:43 PM #37
      The real flu is the worst. I wouldn't drive a car to a hospital with the flu. Now, flu LIKE SYMPTOMS is totally different. And after seeing my wife with an actual case of diagnosed flu... I wouldn't wish it upon many people. Yes, there are people I would wish it upon, but I'd really have to hate them.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      03-26-2012 10:42 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by titleist1976 View Post
      It won't end for those parents, either. I was working a basketball tournament this weekend, but mainly hanging out with my daughter when someone came over and asked to call an ambulance. Less than 30 seconds later she tells us to cancel the ambulance as it was just a charlie horse. Mind you, these were 8th grade boys playing basketball. An effin' charlie horse.
      I was working a part time job at a hospital on the weekends a few months back. One day I'm in the ER and this guy comes in with his son, figured the son had to be somewhere between 15-17 years old. They wheel him into a room and I look at him - he looks fine. I go into the room and the dad is like "You OK champ? How many fingers am I holding up? Can you see OK? It's OK buddy, hang in there, someone will see you soon!" and just totally coddling the kid. The doctor finally comes in and does the usual pleasantries and then he asks what happened. The dad - "His younger sister hit him in the face with the net side of her tennis racket by accident". The doctor - "Um, OK, was it bleeding or anything" The kid - "No, I'm fine" The dad - "No you're not! Doctor, I want xrays to make sure his nose isn't broken, I want a CT scan of his head, the works!". The doctor just shrugged and rolled his eyes. 20 minutes later they were discharging the kid and his p-offed dad - some people man

03-27-2012 10:56 AM #39
      It won't end for those parents, either. I was working a basketball tournament this weekend, but mainly hanging out with my daughter when someone came over and asked to call an ambulance. Less than 30 seconds later she tells us to cancel the ambulance as it was just a charlie horse. Mind you, these were 8th grade boys playing basketball. An effin' charlie horse.
      The OP is stressed about his life change and taking care of a new born, not auditioning for Bubble Wrap kids.
      Signatures are for the insecure

5. Member
      03-27-2012 11:58 AM #40
      We get that and have responded. Now we have taken this another direction.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      03-27-2012 12:33 PM #41
      It's been a while since any kids of mine have breast fed, but the last I knew, you wasn't suppose to switch between boob and bottle. Stick to one. They kid gets used to the shape, taste, texture of the nipple, natural or latex and it just confuses them when you keep changing it up on them.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 A4 Avant
      03-27-2012 12:45 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Same stuff going around everywhere. It only took a month, but my kids are finally over it. Just in time to find out pink eye is going around the school! sweet.
      Mine had the pink eye going around the school first, then the stomach bug. Took about a month for it to clear up for them as well, what was frustrating is they would appear to be feeling better, then as the day wore on... "My stomach hurts" ....... bleeurrrghhh..... and always either on the floor or their bed.

I'd do whatever the **** you wife wants to do. It's a stressful time as a dad, but you've got to be ****ting me if you don't believe it was more stressful for your wife and a few bottles would have sent my wife over the deep end.
      100% agree.

I was sent out at 3am to a 24 hour Walgreens to look for ANY bottle and ANY formula.
      Not quite the same, but our 1st had colic, being new parents we had no idea what colic was, all we knew was that we had tried breast feeding and the baby was still crying. Someone had told me (or maybe I read somewhere) that taking them for a walk would calm a baby. So, 3am I wrapped him up in the stroller and started walking around the neighborhood, you get some strange looks when walking around in the middle of the night with a screaming baby.

OP it gets easier, and soon you will be watching your kid stand in the hallway, naked from the waist down (potty training), standing less than a foot from the open bathroom door, tell you he needs to poop and literally drop a giant turd right there on the carpet.
      Twitter/Instagram: idfront
      Xbox Live: DaDa5069

8. 03-27-2012 06:57 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post

OP it gets easier, and soon you will be watching your kid stand in the hallway, naked from the waist down (potty training), standing less than a foot from the open bathroom door, tell you he needs to poop and literally drop a giant turd right there on the carpet.
      HA!

03-28-2012 10:04 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      It's been a while since any kids of mine have breast fed, but the last I knew, you wasn't suppose to switch between boob and bottle. Stick to one. They kid gets used to the shape, taste, texture of the nipple, natural or latex and it just confuses them when you keep changing it up on them.
      In practice, this doesn't seem to be the case. Ours and others close to us have zero issues swapping boob for bottle. How else would you be able to get away for a babysitter to take over or if you go back to work?
      It sounds a but more like some of the breastfeeding nazi-talk that stressed the he'll out of my wife and caused her to be in pain for the first week after our 1st.

Sorry- that was harsh, but I've got a couple of issues with the way laleche league and others push their ideal of breastfeeding perfection on new parents.

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      03-28-2012 05:09 PM #45
      It's natural.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      03-30-2012 10:45 PM #46
      In practice, this doesn't seem to be the case. Ours and others close to us have zero issues swapping boob for bottle. How else would you be able to get away for a babysitter to take over or if you go back to work?
      It sounds a but more like some of the breastfeeding nazi-talk that stressed the he'll out of my wife and caused her to be in pain for the first week after our 1st.

Sorry- that was harsh, but I've got a couple of issues with the way laleche league and others push their ideal of breastfeeding perfection on new parents.
      I'm not offended It wasn't my boobs swelling and leaking everywhere
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

04-01-2012 07:18 AM #47
      Haha

13. 04-01-2012 06:37 PM #48
      You can get pad inserts for that issue.

Vehicles
      2011 Fiesta SES HB, 1996 GTI hoopty
      04-01-2012 07:10 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
      You know you're a parent when you reach in and scoop a floater out of the tub with your hand.
      It seems the government is currently saying, "While we're conducting this unspecified, unwarranted surveillance, we're totally thinking about how to not violate the 4th Amendment that we're currently violating. Because terrorism."

15. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      04-01-2012 09:20 PM #50
      I much rather trade in my 2 and 4 year olds for those cute cuddley 3-4month old babies. Babies are much easier to deal with than toddlers. They drink, they poo, and sleep for almost 1/2 the day.

When you deal with toddlers you have to broaden your skillsets to include more than just feeding and cleaning after them.

Vehicles
      '04 GTI, '12 Camry SE
      04-24-2012 02:52 PM #51
      I can relate to OP. I am the worrying type and whenever my son gets sick I stress out. It gets easier as you get used to the child and learn about them. And they will get sick once they start interacting with other kids. My son is 2 yrs old and we've had multiple visits to the ER because he was either dehydrated from a stomach bug or running high fever for too long on the weekend. But in the end it's been worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12