VWVortex

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 New England Patriots Thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-01-2012 07:52 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by ed rooney View Post
      What I don't get is the Pats never dial up any Blitzes or when they do they don't work. I watched the Giants Eagles game last night all either team was blitz seemed like all night long.

Pats rush the front 7 at the most never do we see a corner blitz...The Secondary is Okay but when the front 7 gets no pressure the Pats secondary looks even worse.

I don't get it you now have Mayo and Hightower and they hardly ever blitz so far this season either guy has the speed and skills to get the QB
      They've been playing some very good offensive lines and they've just missed sacking QB's. All the blitz's you saw last night was because both offensive lines sucked!
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      10-05-2012 10:58 AM #107
      Just got my hands on some tickets for this weekend, I'm pumped.

Not many rivalries better than Brady vs. Manning.

-Matt

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      10-07-2012 11:00 AM #108
      and stolen from the OT funny pic thread

-Matt

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-07-2012 11:14 AM #109
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-12-2012 09:13 PM #110
      This showed up on my Facebook newsfeed and it made me laugh. Commercial flights you can barely get an in-flight meal, but the Pats get a pre-flight meal?

Vehicles
      '13 R
      10-14-2012 10:53 AM #111
      That lobster mac and chees sounds amazing right now. I'm counting on a win from the Pats today, but for some reason weird things happen when teams play Seattle in Seattle. Wondering what kind of game this will be...

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-14-2012 12:39 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by pofe333 View Post
      That lobster mac and chees sounds amazing right now. I'm counting on a win from the Pats today, but for some reason weird things happen when teams play Seattle in Seattle. Wondering what kind of game this will be...
      nail-biting, right down to the wire with the crowd noise affecting NE's offense. this is one of the games that scare me on the schedule, moreso than Houston later on in the season.

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      10-14-2012 06:48 PM #113
      Help wanted, defensive secondary

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-14-2012 07:03 PM #114
      Yup.
      Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-14-2012 07:10 PM #115
      Crap
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 07:11 PM #116
      More pathetic secondary play

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-14-2012 07:47 PM #117
      RT @_BLowe: Patriots' 3 losses have come by a combined 4 points.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      2013 Suzuka Gray S4
      10-15-2012 03:51 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      nail-biting, right down to the wire with the crowd noise affecting NE's offense. this is one of the games that scare me on the schedule, moreso than Houston later on in the season.
      Called it, although your offense really played well to start. Couldn't finish though.
      » - Patrol

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-15-2012 10:57 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane View Post
      Called it, although your offense really played well to start. Couldn't finish though.
      those one point losses are really starting to suck balls

Frist time I've seen Russel Wilson play. he's as good as advertised, although the Pat's secondary can make most QB's look Hall of Fame worthy

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-15-2012 11:07 AM #120
      Got to give credit to the Seattle D, they made us pretty 1 dimensional, and they have the DB's to make us pay when we go all-pass.

Tom was making some bad throws out there, weather? maybe.

Run D actually did a pretty good job against a very good RB. Wilson managed to pop out of danger a bunch of times and our pass coverage was so bad that he killed us downfield once sprung.

A porous Secondary has become the hallmark of the "Belichick Defense" and that sucks balls.
      Ukemafia.com

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-15-2012 11:29 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Got to give credit to the Seattle D, they made us pretty 1 dimensional, and they have the DB's to make us pay when we go all-pass.

Tom was making some bad throws out there, weather? maybe.

Run D actually did a pretty good job against a very good RB. Wilson managed to pop out of danger a bunch of times and our pass coverage was so bad that he killed us downfield once sprung.

A porous Secondary has become the hallmark of the "Belichick Defense" and that sucks balls.
      I don't get it either, They are using some pretty high draft pics on corners and safeties. The secondary should be pretty good. Kyle Arrington is the one that drives me nuts. He's either way out of position or he's intercepting 8 passes.

Pat's probably should have kept running the ball. What did Brady do, throw 60 times in that game? Is he trying to break Bledsoe's single game record?

10-15-2012 04:07 PM #122
      First time I've seen Russel Wilson play. he's as good as advertised, although the Pat's secondary can make most QB's look Hall of Fame worthy
      Hopefully it will shut our fair weather fans up for a while. Every time I hear someone tell me he should be benched for Flynn I wanna punch them in the face. All the wannabe NFL analysts at my work last week were saying he should have been benched for Flynn this week, and I was calling them all idiots. Lets just say I looked forward to coming into work on a Monday for the first time in a while.

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 04:40 PM #123
      I don't get it either, They are using some pretty high draft pics on corners and safeties. The secondary should be pretty good. Kyle Arrington is the one that drives me nuts. He's either way out of position or he's intercepting 8 passes.

Pat's probably should have kept running the ball. What did Brady do, throw 60 times in that game? Is he trying to break Bledsoe's single game record?
      Just because they were relatively high draft picks doesn't make them good. This Patriots secondary is just as bad as ever.

Seattle has a really strong D. New England wasn't going to be able to run against their base defense reliably and their secondary is strong enough that they weren't in nickel and dime coverage where they're somewhat more vulnerable to the run. Their DBs are also huge compared to the usual 5'10" fast skinny cornerback and can play the run much better than most teams.

New England should have won the game but made far too many mistakes. Nothing worse than Red Zone mistakes that result in zero points. This is not the usual Pats team that puts teams away in the 4th quarter. Peyton had me squirming in my seat wondering if they were going to blow that game, too.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-15-2012 05:22 PM #124
      Sherman is cocky but hey, they backed it up. To the victor go the spoils.

It will only motivate Brady.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      '13 R
      10-15-2012 08:41 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      Richard Sherman beats Tom Brady; taunts the Pats with ‘U MAD BRO?’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6336--nfl.html
      Let's be honest, Sherman is an idiot. Good player, but an idiot. Brady threw for almost 395 yards against his beloved defense. He also threw the ball 58 times. You're bound to get picked at some point. The first interception went through Welker's hands before it got caught in the end zone. Not Brady's fault. The second one was his fault.

Then the guy taunts Brady on the sidelines and makes it seem like his own antics at the end were because Brady was talking sh*t. Do you really expect the guy to get hassled on the sideline and not say anything back? I'm all for pride in yourself and your team, but cockiness really gets under my skin. The Pats were up 23-10 midway through the 4th quarter. Losing that game was not on Brady, it was on the Patriots defense.

Vehicles
      Ford Focus Titanium
      10-15-2012 09:15 PM #126
      When is Bill going to develop some kind of secondary? When Devin McCourty is your best DB you are in trouble.

The recipe to beat NE is simple. Threw the ball deep and either have your player catch it for a TD or have one of NE many awful DBs mug you in the end zone setting up a 1st and goal from the 1.

The secondary hasn't been able to cover anyone in 5 years.

10-15-2012 10:01 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by pofe333 View Post
      Then the guy taunts Brady on the sidelines and makes it seem like his own antics at the end were because Brady was talking sh*t. Do you really expect the guy to get hassled on the sideline and not say anything back? I'm all for pride in yourself and your team, but cockiness really gets under my skin. The Pats were up 23-10 midway through the 4th quarter. Losing that game was not on Brady, it was on the Patriots defense.
      Brady started talking last week when he said he was going to make the 12th man boo their own team. That's what got this whole thing going. I have zero sympathy for you if you are the first one to open your mouth. He brought this all on himself.

but cockiness really gets under my skin.
      That's the point. You see how furious Brady was with himself once Sherman caught that ball? It was over for him from there on out.

Vehicles
      '13 R
      10-16-2012 10:00 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Methalius View Post
      When is Bill going to develop some kind of secondary? When Devin McCourty is your best DB you are in trouble.

The recipe to beat NE is simple. Threw the ball deep and either have your player catch it for a TD or have one of NE many awful DBs mug you in the end zone setting up a 1st and goal from the 1.

The secondary hasn't been able to cover anyone in 5 years.
      5 is being generous It feels like alot more.

24. Member
      10-16-2012 03:37 PM #129
      Yeah when is the trade deadline in the NFL we need another DB....Part of the problem is they play zone when they should be in man coverage. And or they don't bump guys at the line and give them a free run...

Wilson beat us with Bombs that never should happen and it wasn't like he was throwing 50 yard lazers, there was a ton of air under those balls those should be primed to be knocked down.

The corners are okay but the real issue IMO is the safteys..Where the hell is the help over the top? Do they give these safetys an IQ test or at least a football IQ test....They play like an outfielder that always gets a bad jump on the ball or breaks the wrong way.

Get a vet player who might have lost a step but at least plays the right angles..

I heard a funny/ or pathetic thing on the Sports Hub. The Safeties coach is a rookie coach who played at BC and was BB gofer...And the Corners coach..has a resume of being an assistant defensive coach at King's College, Bryant, and wait for it ......South Dakota school of Mining and Technology a hot bed of football for sure.

Are you telling me there wasn't a former pro DB who has a brain who you might want as a coach

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      10-16-2012 09:08 PM #130
      Yeah when is the trade deadline in the NFL we need another DB....Part of the problem is they play zone when they should be in man coverage. And or they don't bump guys at the line and give them a free run...

Wilson beat us with Bombs that never should happen and it wasn't like he was throwing 50 yard lazers, there was a ton of air under those balls those should be primed to be knocked down.

The corners are okay but the real issue IMO is the safteys..Where the hell is the help over the top? Do they give these safetys an IQ test or at least a football IQ test....They play like an outfielder that always gets a bad jump on the ball or breaks the wrong way.

Get a vet player who might have lost a step but at least plays the right angles..

I heard a funny/ or pathetic thing on the Sports Hub. The Safeties coach is a rookie coach who played at BC and was BB gofer...And the Corners coach..has a resume of being an assistant defensive coach at King's College, Bryant, and wait for it ......South Dakota school of Mining and Technology a hot bed of football for sure.

Are you telling me there wasn't a former pro DB who has a brain who you might want as a coach
      I always thought Rodney Harrison would be good in that role.

Vehicles
      Ford Focus Titanium
      10-16-2012 09:41 PM #131
      The Safety play has been just as dreadful without a doubt. Up until Sunday though, Wilson had played okay. Or at least not as poorly as Chung or Gregory. Chung especially. I've been waiting to see him do anything other than get beat over the top or get injured.

Unless they make a major change in the secondary that is unforeseen, I think the best we as Patriots fans can hope for is to make the playoffs. I don't see anyway they can win a Super Bowl with their secondary.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      10-21-2012 08:04 PM #132
      They won, and they are in 1st place, but my goodness does this team have issues. DB's are world-class awful—Offense isn't getting it done either.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      10-21-2012 08:31 PM #133
      I can't watch this team in the fourth quarter.

It looked like Nink was was the only one with gas in the tank.
      -Matt

29. Member
      10-21-2012 11:23 PM #134
      I don't know I am really beginning to wonder if it is the secondary that sucks or just the game plan.

Granted they don't have an All pro at every position, but they play such a weak zone 20 yards down the field there is always hole. No bump at the line and they give receivers a free run off the line most of the time. The secondary seem out of position almost by design

The mind set seems to be keep the plays in front of you and don't get burned for big plays. But if you are willing to give up 20 yard pass plays all the time those turn into big drives if you string a couple together.

The coaching lacks the confidence in the secondary, but if you don't let guys build confidence by playing good man coverage and making plays then nothing will change.

Stole a win today. Why is it the Jets Secondary plays good D they shut down Welker and Llyod. The got a bunch of nobodies back there too but they make some plays

Vehicles
      '13 R
      10-21-2012 11:24 PM #135
      I'm honestly shocked that they won this week. The offense looked good for the first half, but the defense is still awful. They have 0 pass rush and their blitzes get picked up so easily it just exposes the DB's. I'm not sure why their offense sputters out so much though. For periods they look unstoppable.

Vehicles
      '13 R
      10-21-2012 11:27 PM #136
      No bump at the line and they give receivers a free run off the line most of the time.
      I feel like this is because they've drafted nothing but small DB's for years now. They don't have anyone that physical anymore.

32. Member
      10-21-2012 11:51 PM #137
      Honestly I think Brady has lost just a tad and it is starting to show. Gronk has a hip and a groin issue and Hernadez isn't 100% I thought the pass rush was decent. I think the Jets mugged and held Jones for most of the game

33. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      10-22-2012 01:26 AM #138
      Imo, after watching the Giants vs Redskins and Jets vs Pats.

Just like in the last Superbowl, Brady is way too predictable in the 4th quarter. Where are the design plays with Welker and Woodhead screen plays?

It's so obvious that Brady likes to go up the ladder with Hernandez and then hit Welker on the slot and the Jets certainly watched enough film to know who they should wrap up.

You gotta take some chances by making a big play, Brady has the balls in the 1st half but no balls in the 2nd half. Way too conservative no wonder Seattle beat them, they are very similar to the ground and pound Jets with a better QB.

The difference in this game is that Jets Offense is still too inexperienced and unreliable.

If the Pats allows the Jets to have over 400+ yards of total offense, there's no way they can hang with teams with premier receivers and running backs.

34. Senior Member
      10-22-2012 09:04 AM #139
      Stole a win today. Why is it the Jets Secondary plays good D they shut down Welker and Llyod. The got a bunch of nobodies back there too but they make some plays
      I was surprised the game was close. I thought the Jets would lose 31 - 10.

Vehicles
      10-22-2012 09:12 AM #140
      Honestly I think Brady has lost just a tad and it is starting to show. Gronk has a hip and a groin issue and Hernadez isn't 100% I thought the pass rush was decent. I think the Jets mugged and held Jones for most of the game
      I've been unimpressed with Brandon Lloyd. He hasn't been making the big catches. Until Hernandez is 100%, they don't have anybody else as a deep threat. I think other teams look at film and know they don't have to worry about the deep ball. If Lloyd caught some bombs, I think it would totally change the passing game.

Like usual, most of this was on the secondary. They turned the 31st-rated QB in the league into an All Pro. Even on the INT, the secondary was beaten badly and it took Sanchez to snatch defeat out of the hands of victory. With any other QB in the league, that play would have been 7 points.

The Patriots haven't been drafting defensive backs. They've been trying to pull out miracles with low round picks. You end up with players who aren't fast enough, big enough, or athletic enough.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast