Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 New England Patriots Thread

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-10-2012 07:07 AM #76

Vehicles
      2015 Outback
      09-10-2012 10:13 AM #77
      To be honest, it's the first game in quite some time that the Patriots didn't have to out gun their opponent. Chung was an animal and the young D looked 10x better then last year, I hope everyone can stay healthy.

Oh and after watching the Sunday night game yesterday week 5 when the Broncos come into town a Brady vs. Manning game is exciting to think about.
      -Matt

Vehicles
      1995 Honda Passport
      09-11-2012 01:57 PM #78
      That game against the Titans was epic. Unfortunately I didn't get to go or watch it on tv but I have the ESPN app so I got updates whenever a scoring play was made.

4. Member
      09-16-2012 06:29 PM #79
      Pats played like crap. But on a positive note the D looked damn good if Kolb was slightly less mobile pass rush would have killed him. Jones is the real deal that kid has great moves and Hightower is a freak.

Now even admitting the Pats did'nt deserve to win....That was one of the Lamest holding calls on Gronkowski on the Woodhead game winning TD. He literally grabbed him at the pads and released him in a 3 count. Thats not a Freakin Hold

Replacement Refs have to go the cost the Pats an Easy win. Now Granted Gostkowski should have made the FG but it never should have gottten that far. Game was over with any king of competent Refs

5. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      09-16-2012 07:38 PM #80
      ugh, not what i like waking up to before heading into a 12-hour shift in colts territory.
      welcome to the layer cake

6. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      09-16-2012 07:56 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by ed rooney View Post
      Now even admitting the Pats did'nt deserve to win....

Replacement Refs have to go the cost the Pats an Easy win.
      So which is it

It was an obvious holding call but you're right it shouldnt have gotten that far.

The Cardinals should have ran the ball out of the endzone on the kick off so the clock would have started after the 2 minute warning on their first down. Then they cough up an easy FB.

Cardinals gave them 2 gifts, then the Pats go on to cause a bad penalty and shank an easy FG.

You're first statement was the correct one.

7. Member
      09-16-2012 08:53 PM #82
      BS any time a Wide Receiver blocks for a run play or a screen pass they hold 100 times worse than what Gronk did...he engaged his block for all of 3 seconds and had him at the chest it was textbook. Unless you pull a guys shirt there is no way to hold a guy if you release him in a 3 count.

Wait till these Pop Warner Refs screw the Bears over and see how you like it

8. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      09-16-2012 09:55 PM #83
      Wait till these Pop Warner Refs screw the Bears over and see how you like it
      They did a couple times on Thirsday night. The refs stink we know this. But they didnt effect the outcome of either game. That FG was a shank and a half.

But that play was clearly a penalty [Rodney Harrison certainly thought so too]

Vehicles
      '13 R
      09-19-2012 09:33 AM #84
      Pats played like crap. But on a positive note the D looked damn good if Kolb was slightly less mobile pass rush would have killed him.
      What? That's like saying "If their QB didn't evade all of those sacks the Pats would've had more sacks"

Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      They did a couple times on Thirsday night. The refs stink we know this. But they didnt effect the outcome of either game. That FG was a shank and a half.

But that play was clearly a penalty [Rodney Harrison certainly thought so too]
      I'll agree that the refs didn't cost them the game; the Pats had plenty of opportunity in the other 58 minutes and that FG is one Gostkowski has made 1,000 times before. With that said, I agree with Ed that the holding call was one that would have never been made by the regular officials. Jersey grabbing is generally acceptable until a player turns and their jersey is pulled because they're still holding on. Gronk released in plenty of time IMO.

In hindsight, the Pats had Arizona going backwards fast. They probably should've just kept going for the endzone instead of running the clock down and relying on a FG. It doesn't seem like they would've had much trouble scoring. Oh well, onto the Ravens. Should be an exciting game, although I feel like the Pats D is going to get exposed a little bit. They're better than last year, but I don't think they're quite there yet.

Vehicles
      1995 Honda Passport
      09-19-2012 10:43 AM #85
      Pats played like crap. But on a positive note the D looked damn good if Kolb was slightly less mobile pass rush would have killed him. Jones is the real deal that kid has great moves and Hightower is a freak.

Now even admitting the Pats did'nt deserve to win....That was one of the Lamest holding calls on Gronkowski on the Woodhead game winning TD. He literally grabbed him at the pads and released him in a 3 count. Thats not a Freakin Hold

Replacement Refs have to go the cost the Pats an Easy win. Now Granted Gostkowski should have made the FG but it never should have gottten that far. Game was over with any king of competent Refs

What happened I missed the game?

Vehicles
      MTA Metro Card, Zipcar
      09-21-2012 07:13 PM #86
      Are we going to get it done this week against Baltimore? We should beat teams like Arizona. Baltimore is better. Are the pundits getting too worked up that the Brady-Belichick era is on the wane?

Vehicles
      '13 R
      09-23-2012 11:43 PM #87
      I keep waiting for the officiating to get better, but every week seems to get a little worse. There were some big calls missed on both sides tonight, and a ton of flags that should have been clear no calls. Announcers just said there's been 11 first downs on penalties (with 2:30 left in 4th quarter). I hope the outcome of this game isn't determined by penalties.

Vehicles
      2015 Outback
      09-23-2012 11:44 PM #88
      Posting at the two min. Warning.

The refs never had control of this game and have truly taken the focus away from the game.
      -Matt

14. Global Moderator Paul@VWvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 Taco TRD, 10 E70 3.0 Sport, '96 VR Cabrio, TDi Tristar Syncro, 1980 Scirocco S "Der Ott"
      09-23-2012 11:57 PM #89
      Oopsie, too bad Pats.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      09-24-2012 12:00 AM #90
      24 penalties w/12 resulting in first downs.
      Last edited by redsoxreturns; 09-24-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Wording
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

16. Member
      09-24-2012 12:05 AM #91
      Bogus win...These refs have to go....Funny how the fans were so upset with the calls on the Ravens but didn't seem to mind a phantom pass interference call on McCourty on the second to last drive by the Ravens that game them most of the yardage on that series.

By my count the refs have fcked us twice and not even kissed us once

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      09-24-2012 12:34 AM #92
      I was willing to give the replacement refs a pass, but after this game, holy crap! It's almost as bogus as the officiating in the NBA.

Am I the only one who thought that last FG was kinda iffy?
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-24-2012 06:46 AM #93
      The bad calls went both ways. Ultimately, it's the total inconsistency that gets my ire up about the refs. That game was a debacle last night from an officiating standpoint, the NFL should be embarrassed.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-24-2012 10:16 AM #94
      : D

*I didn’t have time to rewatch the game to list all the garbage calls, bogus non-calls and major screw ups. But you saw the game. They made up a non-existent rule about where you can take the yardage on a punt penalty. John Harbaugh got 15 yards for trying to call a timeout. The one sack the Pats got was called back when Devin McCourty pulled a hair off a receiver’s shirt. Everything was a pass interference including one where Julian Edelman got called for coming back to catch the ball, which is his job. Plus that non-call in the picture above where Cary Williams basically did the “Why you hitting yourself? Huh? Quit hitting yourself!” thing to Edelman with the official standing right there. I don’t what the real refs are asking for, but if it’s anything less than a million dollars a minute, pay it.

.. more >> http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...ats-vs-ravens/

Vehicles
      '13 R
      09-24-2012 10:18 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      The bad calls went both ways. Ultimately, it's the total inconsistency that gets my ire up about the refs. That game was a debacle last night from an officiating standpoint, the NFL should be embarrassed.
      My thoughts exactly. I can't say I'd do any better, but something has to give.

I'd say the Pats lost this game when they couldn't convert that last 1st down with 2 minutes left though. I feel like that's been a recurring theme in big games for years.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      09-24-2012 10:43 PM #96
      I could be way off, but I feel like the longer this strike goes on, the more it benefits the real refs.

The game in general is garbage. It's longer, harder to watch, and not nearly as entertaining with all the bogus calls, and time to figure out what the rule is, and how to enforce it.
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-25-2012 08:44 AM #97
      On back to back nights, in primetime match-ups with 2 of the league's premier teams (Pats & Packers), the game was effected/ruined/lost on terrible ref calls. Despicable.

I hope Goodell feels like a proper big shot.

Vehicles
      2015 Outback
      09-27-2012 01:38 PM #98
      I just saw the BJGE's no fumble streak ended on Sunday. I know he's not a Patriot anymore but I'm sad to see it happen.
      -Matt

Vehicles
      '13 R
      09-27-2012 05:22 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by 20thAna3282 View Post
      I just saw the BJGE's no fumble streak ended on Sunday. I know he's not a Patriot anymore but I'm sad to see it happen.
      Bummer. I was hoping he would stay a Patriot and ride that streak forever

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      09-30-2012 04:09 PM #100
      Wow! 2nd half the Pats exploded. I thought they were going to lose at half-time. two hundred yard rushers and two hundred yard receivers. I kinda feel bad for Buffalo.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast