Austrailian Gran Prix
This is a tough country as it is a melting pot of so many cultures. From what I read about the cusine a lot of food is influenced from either British or Southeast Asian. There were only a few items that were unique to the country: Vegemite, Kangaroo, and meat pies. The first two are tough to come by in the US so I went searching for a meat pie recipe. Here you go; bon apetite!
1. We substituted fresh cilantro for the coriander
2. Don't waist your money on puff pastry. It is easy and cheaper to make your own dough.
3. Don't let the gravy reduce all the way. A little less reduction will allow for a moister pie
4. Make some additional gravy for your side of
5. Mashed potatoes with garlic and cilantro were a great side dish
My wife is cooking for Malaysia. She is making mango chicken. I will share the details next week and will be sure to include photos in future posts.