Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Results 126 to 147 of 147

    Thread: famiry purchase 2.0 TSI&FSI Billet Dipsticks

    1. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      08-24-2012 06:01 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      TFSI?

      Ask and yee shall receive!

      This TSI Group Buy is on for a limited time !

      Click the picture to order




      2.0L TSI Engine Billet Dipsticks

    2. Member rick89's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      587
      Vehicles
      2006 audi a3
      08-24-2012 10:11 PM #127
      You guys do not ship to Canada? I would buy it but it does not make sense because you charge $42 dollars for shipping. That costs more then the part and the dipstick is not that big so i can't understand why it would cost so much to ship.
      Last edited by rick89; 08-25-2012 at 07:05 AM.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      Ramona, CA
      Posts
      4,465
      Vehicles
      '06, A3 2.0t, Sport
      08-24-2012 10:55 PM #128
      Ordered one of each. I hope they get here in less time than this group buy took.
      for making it easy... eventually.
      Quote Originally Posted by MachnickiA3 View Post
      stick that in your "fleshy patch"

    4. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-10-2012 08:22 AM #129
      These are all in stock guys


    5. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-20-2012 09:12 AM #130
      We do ship to Canada but it must go Priority, insured. Ive tried lots of other ways, UPS and Fed Ex charge courier and customs fees. USPS looses the package if I send any other way. Do you have a friend in the states who we can ship to?


    6. 10-05-2012 09:35 PM #132
      i went to install my billet dipstick on my 2.0t CCTA. the dipstick is about 1/2 inch shorter than stock.
      has anyone else installed one, is this right? i emailed gruvenparts about it, but no answer so far.


    7. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2002
      Location
      DMV
      Posts
      167
      Vehicles
      1989 Jetta GL(dead and Gone); 1990 VW Jetta GLi; 1998 VW Jetta GLX; 2007 Audi A3 S-Line
      10-05-2012 10:39 PM #133
      mine was the right size

    8. Member SilverSquirrel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Gloucester, MA USA
      Posts
      2,917
      Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-06-2012 09:41 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by Bull_D View Post
      i went to install my billet dipstick on my 2.0t CCTA. the dipstick is about 1/2 inch shorter than stock.
      has anyone else installed one, is this right? i emailed gruvenparts about it, but no answer so far.

      This is idiotic. Yes I know this is harsh wording but....

      Each and every one of these things should be PERFECT! The whole PURPOSE of a dipstick is to check the oil level! If the the length is wrong, your OIL LEVEL will be wrong. This can be a bit of a problem, if you care about your engine health. Overfilling is just as bad as low oil level.

      IMHO its not worth it, no matter how cool it looks under the hood where no one will see it anyway.

      Spend the money on an extra oil change and filter.

      Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

    9. 10-06-2012 09:58 AM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSquirrel View Post
      This is idiotic. Yes I know this is harsh wording but....

      Each and every one of these things should be PERFECT! The whole PURPOSE of a dipstick is to check the oil level! If the the length is wrong, your OIL LEVEL will be wrong. This can be a bit of a problem, if you care about your engine health. Overfilling is just as bad as low oil level.

      IMHO its not worth it, no matter how cool it looks under the hood where no one will see it anyway.

      Spend the money on an extra oil change and filter.

      yup. doesn't seem too complex. again, one of these vendors touts a big sale/famiry purchase and the goods aren't right/don't work. especially after the way this one was so dragged out. glad i checked it before installing it.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      Ramona, CA
      Posts
      4,465
      Vehicles
      '06, A3 2.0t, Sport
      10-06-2012 11:27 AM #136
      No problem with mine. The stock dipstick has a longer end but the High and Low markings are in the right place.

      P.S. I don't think the main point of this is looks... at least not for me. This replace the stock dipstick that will eventually deteriorate and pieces will break off and drop down the dipstick tube.
      Quote Originally Posted by MachnickiA3 View Post
      stick that in your "fleshy patch"

    11. Member SilverSquirrel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Gloucester, MA USA
      Posts
      2,917
      Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-06-2012 12:29 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post

      the stock dipstick that will eventually deteriorate and pieces will break off and drop down the dipstick tube.


      yeah, i guess audi does have an issue with plastic holding up.... did they make the dipstick out of armrest latch/openskylatch grade plastic??

      Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

    12. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-08-2012 02:19 PM #138
      Regarding wrong size dipstick sent, can you send me dimensions of your OEM dipstick ? This is odd (not saying impossible, just odd). There are many varieties of dipsticks, perhaps you have 1 that is different than ours. Can you tell me OEM part number?

      Not sure if you sent me an email or IM, I have not received it. Please just give me a call for faster service, my cell # is posted at the bottom of 14,000 threads so I am not tough to get in touch with, and we will get to the bottom of it.

    13. 10-08-2012 02:30 PM #139
      my dipstick broke, but not the part holding the metal rod, but the clip that clips it to the tube.
      hirro

    14. 10-08-2012 03:19 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by GruvenParts.com View Post
      Regarding wrong size dipstick sent, can you send me dimensions of your OEM dipstick ? This is odd (not saying impossible, just odd). There are many varieties of dipsticks, perhaps you have 1 that is different than ours. Can you tell me OEM part number?

      Not sure if you sent me an email or IM, I have not received it. Please just give me a call for faster service, my cell # is posted at the bottom of 14,000 threads so I am not tough to get in touch with, and we will get to the bottom of it.
      i emailed to your paul@gruven...address. the part number is 06J 115 611 E. it is 54.5cm long, tip to collar. the item you sent has a tag with number WAB 20000. it is 52.5cm long tip to collar. there was also no nut for the end of the screw included with the replacement tube collar. no need for snide comments regarding your phone number. i am currently out of the country, so not likely to make an international call for this. i assumed your email would get to you and i also posted here.

      thanks

    15. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-09-2012 10:00 AM #141
      Sorry, getting a bit tired of the references to lack of communication on this thread when its actually very simple to get a hold of me. Since I do not post or check on all the threads on vortex all that often, if you have issues, the best thing is to call me.


      Please either resend the email or call me directly. I will resolve the issue quickly.

    16. 10-09-2012 12:42 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by GruvenParts.com View Post
      Sorry, getting a bit tired of the references to lack of communication on this thread when its actually very simple to get a hold of me. Since I do not post or check on all the threads on vortex all that often, if you have issues, the best thing is to call me.


      Please either resend the email or call me directly. I will resolve the issue quickly.

      i sent another email to your address yesterday when i posted reply. as i said, i am in europe for a few weeks and won't likely call. if you didn't get the email, you might want to look into that. it is the second one i sent to that address. might check your spam/junk folder. it is from dundlespiper@yahoo.com.

    17. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-15-2012 09:38 AM #143
      OK well no, Im not receiving emails from you, for some reason. Please send it to shop email - pi2060@yahoo.com

    18. 10-15-2012 11:07 AM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by GruvenParts.com View Post
      OK well no, Im not receiving emails from you, for some reason. Please send it to shop email - pi2060@yahoo.com

      i sent an email now to the address posted above. i clearly gave you ALL the info you requested in my post above. why not answer the post, with the required information....instead of going back and by about how you are not getting anyones emails? its not that complicated

    19. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      19,580
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-17-2012 08:36 AM #145
      Your question was answered in the email. It sounds as if you have either been sent an incorrect or defective part, or this somehow doesnt fit your application. As mentioned in the email response to you, please send back the discrepant part and we'll replace it.

      And Scott, I needed to know your name/shipping address/order ID so i could look up what was actually shipped to you. That wasnt provided in your posts which I why I needed an email from you with that info. Sorry this took so long and has been such a hassle, it isnt typical of how we do business.

      Please send the part back and we'll replace it quick, count on it.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      Ramona, CA
      Posts
      4,465
      Vehicles
      '06, A3 2.0t, Sport
      10-26-2012 12:18 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Bull_D View Post
      i went to install my billet dipstick on my 2.0t CCTA. the dipstick is about 1/2 inch shorter than stock.
      has anyone else installed one, is this right? i emailed gruvenparts about it, but no answer so far.

      Did this get resolved? I compared mine and the stock one is longer... So??? The only thing that matters is the Hi/Lo marks which are in the same place.

      Quote Originally Posted by MachnickiA3 View Post
      stick that in your "fleshy patch"

    21. 10-26-2012 10:02 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      Did this get resolved? I compared mine and the stock one is longer... So??? The only thing that matters is the Hi/Lo marks which are in the same place.

      not at this point. they will not replace until they get the first one sent back. i have been in euroland working for a few weeks. i will send it back, but at this point don't really know if i care about a replacement.

    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •