First, a super huge thank you to Tonymey for his help with this. Follow his directions, they are great! Just a few commments on the install:
- You can use a 1" (25 mm) hole saw too. The fit is a little tighter, but it works. Also, the 35 mm is a 1 3/8", so you can find that one in the states easily too. I got impatient waiting for my 26 mm hole saw, so I used the 25 mm I found at work and it was fine. If/when my 26 mm arrives, PM me if you want it as I will have no use for it
- The display/beeper does not "beep" until it the system is calibrated. Don't think you have a defective beeper like I did. I didn't want to install it in the headliner if it didn't work, so I calibrated the system first and then stuck it up in the headliner just like Tonymey did in his photos.
- The Bosch sensors are MUCH higher quality than the chinese sensors on ebay. I installed two chinese kits before and they were junk compared to this Bosch kit. www.Amazon.de cost for me was $191 with shipping, then $29 for paint (shipped) and $7 for clear coat (local).
- I used Tonymey's measurements and they worked good. The pickup on the sensors is spot on with these locations as well. Like Tonymey said, measure a few times before drilling!
- The reverse wire is easy to find, just check the wires at your reverse bulb(s). I cannot 100% recall, but I think it was blue with an orange stripe. The ground is brown and is clearly obvious once you pull back the carpet on the driver's side of the trunk.
- It helps to have a buddy (or wife in my case) to help hold the bumper when re-installing. I used an ice pick to lift up the six small clips that Tonymey mentioned when re-installing the bumper. Slide the pick under the clip attached to the car and slide the bumper clip right under it. I went from right to left and the bumper fit right back on perfectly.
- Good luck all with the install. If you are in the northern Atlanta area, PM me and I could help if needed.