Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia GP Thread

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-27-2012 09:19 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by nickthaskater View Post
      Again dancing around the topic and avoiding providing any sort of factual statement, hiding behind petty insults and bullsh*t.

Feel free to get back to me when you have something relevant to say
      Coulthard had no idea what he was talking about with the latter incident; it was wholly driver error on Karthikeyan. DC trying to compare it to Vettel's incident in Turkey with Webber was nothing short of retarded.
      What are you carrying on about?The simple fact is that Narain moved to the right before Vettel was clear and clipped the rear tire in the process. If you dispute that you're nothing short of blind or stupid.
      You mean like the stewards whom agree with my viewpoint and gave Karthikeyan a penalty? Yeah, it must suck to be you.

Way to fail at refuting the point.
      You can't make this stuff up.

Try watching more than the first 5 seconds of the video, after which you'll see the view from the front which makes it very apparent that Narain cut to the right, straight into the back of Vettel. You say Vettel had no reason to move over, well, what reason did Narain have to make such an aggressive move to tuck behind Vettel? It's not as though Vettel forced Narain into the grass; they didn't make contact until Narain had a complete car-width between himself and the curb.

I'm not sure how many times I need to repeat it, but I'll humour you once more: Narain ran wide in the middle of the corner just before Vettel caught him; he was nowhere near the same speed, and he was being lapped. In that instance he absolutely should have used some discretion and got the hell out of the way, not tried to immediately tuck behind Vettel to draft him just because he wanted to feel as though he were still part of the race.

Trying to compare this to the Webber incident, where you had two equally matched cars fighting for position, is just idiotic.
      I would hardly say that Narain 'cut' or 'sliced' to the right. Nor would I call it an 'aggressive' move. He moved back on the racing line at the exit of the corner. The reason for doing that would be to stay out of all the marbles on driver's left, along the curb. If you watch that video, you can see the tail of Vettel's car twitch as he tries to pinch the car as he was coming under Narain. Vettel moved left (even the commentators saw that the moved left) to get back on the racing line, and to get a tow from Glock.

As I've said, this was not solely one driver's fault. Narain wasn't clear of Vettel, but he also probably didn't expect Vettel to come back over on him that fast. And Vetterl mis-judged being clear of Narain. It really was a racing incident. For the stewards to penalize Narain, and not penalize Button, is unfair. Although, as nicky boy pointed, it could have been because Narain didn't suffer any damage and was able to continue. I see the Narain penalty as nothing more than an attempt to appease the current WDC. It had no net impact on HRT's finishing positions, as all it did was swap their drivers in the results. Although, were I the HRT team principal, I'd want to know why my driver was penalized but Button wasn't.

And last I looked, if a car was still running, that car (and driver) were "still in the race". Or maybe you'd like to see a rule that requires all cars that go a lap or two down to retire from the race?

So nick, you can feel vindicated all you want by the steward's decision, but if you don't think there are political overtones to it, you really don't understand how this game works. And your comments about DC just reinforce my earlier statement that you have no objectivity when it comes to anything involving a driver that you like. Stick to Forza.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

03-27-2012 09:24 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
      Is this really all we have to bicker about for three weeks?

On another forum someone who is tuned into Maranello has suggested Massa's exit may come sooner than expected. Since I happen to expect it will happen tomorrow, that must mean it has happened today, right?

Anyway - there's no need to fight about all of this SV/NK nonsense and there's certainly no benefit in making it personal either.

>8^)
      ER
      Interesting... do you think it will be Perez who replaces him? I know he's publicly said he won't join them, but that might his contracts speaking and not himself. Is there anyone else in the Young Driver Academy that could replace him?

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-27-2012 09:43 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Vento View Post
      Interesting... do you think it will be Perez who replaces him? I know he's publicly said he won't join them, but that might his contracts speaking and not himself. Is there anyone else in the Young Driver Academy that could replace him?
      Would Ferrari use its position as Sauber's engine supplier to 'persuade' Peter Sauber to release Perez from his contract? I personally think that there should be a regulation against replacing one driver w/ another current F1 driver mid-season. Why disrupt two teams? If a given team isn't happy w/ one of their drivers, fine, just don't go poaching one out of another F1 team.
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      03-27-2012 09:47 AM #144
      ^^ agreed but Ferrari being Ferrari... reminds me of when they asked Fisi to give up his racing career to drive for them for a few races (well, I doubt that's how they put it but you get the point). And that was right after a 2 place finish behind Kimi @ Spa, iirc. I felt bad for him but he made the decision to show his Italian pride....

Vehicles
      04 R32, 14 JSW TDI
      03-27-2012 10:12 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Would Ferrari use its position as Sauber's engine supplier to 'persuade' Peter Sauber to release Perez from his contract? I personally think that there should be a regulation against replacing one driver w/ another current F1 driver mid-season. Why disrupt two teams? If a given team isn't happy w/ one of their drivers, fine, just don't go poaching one out of another F1 team.
      Ferrari care about another team?

They will do whatever it takes to stop the bleeding. Personally I want to see Barrichello though.v

6. 03-27-2012 10:24 AM #146
      Pg 3-5 wa sthe funniest stuff I've read in a while...

MK1 is my hero...

7. 03-27-2012 10:47 AM #147
      I invoke Bob Vasha's funniest comment ever!!!

'He's doing a good job despite his ethnic background, That's the darkest face we've ever seen on the podium'

I got my "hoodie" on....

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      03-27-2012 10:49 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post

MK1 is my hero...

But, but if I keep yelling that means I'm right!

To say that it was ALL NK fault is not exactly an objective position. F1 will always have slower cars that will be lapped, EVERY racing series has those. The driver passing even the slowest of cars needs to be aware of their surrounding and not to expect others to yield just because they are faster.

Anyway, as far as Ferrari's drivers go and swapping a driver with another team, I don't think it matters what teams are involved assuming both parties are agreeable to the terms of the deal. Perez being part of the Ferrari driver development program must have a clause in his contract that if Ferrari need his services, then he can get out of his contract. Of course with Ferrari, they pull a little more weight than Sauber, for example.

IMO, it is very clear that with the poor showing again by Massa, with a new chassis, that his days are numbered at Ferrari and he will only be driving for them until they can iron out any contract issues with another driver.

9. 03-27-2012 10:51 AM #149
      I see them popping Luizzi in to shut up the Italian press about Ferrari not supporting Italians. Perez next year "for sure"

Anyway bottom line on the Vettel incident is no matter who caused what... his race ended

10. 03-27-2012 10:53 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post

But, but if I keep yelling that means I'm right!

To say that it was ALL NK fault is not exactly an objective position. F1 will always have slower cars that will be lapped, EVERY racing series has those. The driver passing even the slowest of cars needs to be aware of their surrounding and not to expect others to yield just because they are faster.

Anyway, as far as Ferrari's drivers go and swapping a driver with another team, I don't think it matters what teams are involved assuming both parties are agreeable to the terms of the deal. Perez being part of the Ferrari driver development program must have a clause in his contract that if Ferrari need his services, then he can get out of his contract. Of course with Ferrari, they pull a little more weight than Sauber, for example.

IMO, it is very clear that with the poor showing again by Massa, with a new chassis, that his days are numbered at Ferrari and he will only be driving for them until they can iron out any contract issues with another driver.
      Indeed....

But I saw an interesting interview with JB, and he kinda said that mos tof those tales are "myths"

I being of sounder mind and legal spirit....understands that contracts have all sorts of backdoors, for power plays in F1.

I wouldnt be surprise in the very least.... Massa has stunk it up pretty bad over the past 3 seasons... But I think the thought is he almost died for us.... we should at least give him a fighting chance...

11. 03-27-2012 10:54 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      I see them popping Luizzi in to shut up the Italian press about Ferrari not supporting Italians. Perez next year "for sure"

Anyway bottom line on the Vettel incident is no matter who caused what... his race ended

OMG!!! MY stomach!

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 11:05 AM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post

MK1 is my hero...

Aw shucks....

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA6
      03-27-2012 11:21 AM #153
      judging from the races so far, the sauber cars are as good or better then the ferraris right now. i don't know why you'd jump ship mid-season unless there was a distinct advantage in your ride.
      Quote Originally Posted by kwik!gti
      Cockerpunk: 1
      TCL Hive mind troll brigade: 0

14. 03-27-2012 12:15 PM #154
      Dudes... Ferrari traditionally does a terrible job at covering displeasure... and where there's smoke there's fire... Remember how FaiLonso came to the Scuderia,...

15. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      03-27-2012 05:52 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      judging from the races so far, the sauber cars are as good or better then the ferraris right now. i don't know why you'd jump ship mid-season unless there was a distinct advantage in your ride.
      This.

People talking about Perez swapping rides with Massa, 'n all. But, Checo must be thinking 'I sorta like the way this Sauber is going at the moment! And the Ferrari is a turd.'

Why 'n da hell would he wanna switch right now?? I mean, the guy nearly won last race.

Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      03-27-2012 06:42 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      This.

People talking about Perez swapping rides with Massa, 'n all. But, Checo must be thinking 'I sorta like the way this Sauber is going at the moment! And the Ferrari is a turd.'

Why 'n da hell would he wanna switch right now?? I mean, the guy nearly won last race.

True, but Ferrari has the budget to keep up with development throughout the season. They have started the season with a turd, but they will get faster as the year goes on. Sauber started with a decent car, but has less of a chance of keeping up with the big guys.
      PSN: gospracrgo

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      03-28-2012 12:21 AM #157
      This.

News flash...Ferrari DID win a race.

Completely agree that he may want to stay at Sauber THIS season, but the long term perspective is to be at Ferrari. There would be no better benchmark than trying to equal Alonso.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      03-28-2012 12:36 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      News flash...Ferrari DID win a race.

Completely agree that he may want to stay at Sauber THIS season, but the long term perspective is to be at Ferrari. There would be no better benchmark than trying to equal Alonso.
      Me thinks it's pretty clear that Perez will succeed Massa at Ferrari. I'm saying that if i were him, i'd wait until next year.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      03-28-2012 01:09 AM #159
      Me thinks it's pretty clear that Perez will succeed Massa at Ferrari. I'm saying that if i were him, i'd wait until next year.
      You make it sound like he has a choice. If he does get a choice I would agree with you.

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      03-28-2012 09:18 AM #160
      Alonso's another prize for winning the Malaysian GP:

https://twitter.com/#!/FerrariMagazi...600642/photo/1

03-28-2012 10:37 AM #161
      Karthikeyan slams Vettle

"It is really unprofessional. For a driver who has achieved so much to take out his frustrations on me just because he is having a difficult year is really sad. One does not expect a professional sportsman to be such a cry baby."

The stewards have to come up with a better reason for his penalty other than "it's self explanatory". That basically translates to we can do whatever we want and don't have to explain it to you.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      03-28-2012 10:45 AM #162
      Karthikeyan slams Vettle

The stewards have to come up with a better reason for his penalty other than "it's self explanatory". That basically translates to we can do whatever we want and don't have to explain it to you.
      Way to go Nahrain. I heard Vettel's being summoned back to Heaquarters in Milton Keynes instead of going home to spend time with family!

Vehicles
      04 R32, 14 JSW TDI
      03-28-2012 11:11 AM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Binary Star View Post
      Alonso's another prize for winning the Malaysian GP:

https://twitter.com/#!/FerrariMagazi...600642/photo/1

Thank you for driving our dog **** F1 car to a victory. Here is a free roadcar!

03-28-2012 11:41 AM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      Thank you for driving our dog **** F1 car to a victory. Here is a free roadcar!
      Apparently the car wasn't gifted to him, it was there for him at the airport to drive back to Maranello.

Didn't Hamilton have a deal with Ron Dennis that if he won two world championships he would get a free car? Not sure which car... the MP4-12C wasn't out back then.

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      03-28-2012 12:05 PM #165
      Apparently the car wasn't gifted to him, it was there for him at the airport to drive back to Maranello.
      yup... I stand corrected!

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-28-2012 12:22 PM #166

Didn't Hamilton have a deal with Ron Dennis that if he won two world championships he would get a free car? Not sure which car... the MP4-12C wasn't out back then.
      McLaren F1 LM; I thought it was just for one? Either way I don't believe he ever got it.

Vehicles
      '09 MINI Cooper S; '03 MR2 Spyder; '03 Focus ZX3
      03-28-2012 12:30 PM #167
      As I understand it - Hamilton needs to win a total of 3 WDC's driving a McLaren in order to get the F1 LM prototype that McLaren own. It is my hope that he doesn't achieve this as I'd prefer to see the LM remain in the factory's collection.

>8^)
      ER

Vehicles
      04 R32, 14 JSW TDI
      03-28-2012 02:51 PM #168
      Karthikeyan penalized 20 seconds for the vettel incident today.

Here's a good breakdown of the incident.

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-28-2012 03:23 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      Karthikeyan penalized 20 seconds for the vettel incident today.

Here's a good breakdown of the incident.
      He was penalized almost immediately after the race.

As far as Karthikeyan's comments about hitting the rumble strip and so forth, he did, but long before Vettel ever got to him. If you watch at 0:34 of this video:

You will see Karthikeyan run off-track and lose a lot of speed, after which Vettel catches him very quickly. This is where my comment about Karthikeyan having no business trying to "race" Vettel comes from, as he was not only being lapped but had just gone off-track and was moving at a significantly reduced pace. Even had he gotten behind Vettel, the differential in speed would likely have been too great to give Narain any notable gain down the straight.

But what do I know, I'm just a biased Vettel leg-humper whom is incapable of looking at the situation objectively

30. 03-28-2012 03:28 PM #170
      But what do I know, I'm just a biased Vettel leg-humper whom is incapable of looking at the situation objectively
      QFT!
      ...thanks on behalf of everyone here for coming to terms with that

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-28-2012 03:34 PM #171
      QFT!
      Take a lesson in sarcasm and feel free to jump off the bandwagon while you're at it, it doesn't make you "cool" to be in the same boat as the likes of Mk1 and Kidstar.

PS. Good job ignoring the rest of my post; I guess it's kind of hard to face the truth.

Vehicles
      03-28-2012 04:23 PM #172
      QFT!

ROTFLMAO!!

Seriously nick, watch replay in real time. We're talking split-second decisions here. It's a 120+ mph corner w/ a 3+ g-load. Sh*t happens. It was a racing incident. No one was an idiot. Vettel's car had gotten out of shape as well, and he wasn't on the racing line.

I find it funny how you're ripping on NK, yet have been pretty quiet about Button just running into the back of him because he (Button) blew the corner.

Vehicles
      03-28-2012 04:26 PM #173
      Take a lesson in sarcasm and feel free to jump off the bandwagon while you're at it, it doesn't make you "cool" to be in the same boat as the likes of Mk1 and Kidstar.

PS. Good job ignoring the rest of my post; I guess it's kind of hard to face the truth.
      The irony in that is staggering!

34. 03-28-2012 04:35 PM #174

Omg you weren't serious Because you described yourself perfectly. There is no bandwagon here just a general consensus. I agree with you when you're right but in general you come off as a dick on here so it shouldn't come as a surprise when people have a go at you. Opinions .. everyone has them so don't make yours the "truth".

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-28-2012 04:42 PM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      ROTFLMAO!!

Seriously nick, watch replay in real time. We're talking split-second decisions here. It's a 120+ mph corner w/ a 3+ g-load. Sh*t happens. It was a racing incident. No one was an idiot. Vettel's car had gotten out of shape as well, and he wasn't on the racing line.

I find it funny how you're ripping on NK, yet have been pretty quiet about Button just running into the back of him because he (Button) blew the corner.
      I actually have commented on the incident with Button, thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast