I'm selling my 2000 VW Passat GLS 1.8t 5-speed with 141,xxx miles.
I am the original owner.
This Passat has had many improvements made in the 12 years I have owned it. I have another project and this one is ready for the next owner to enjoy. This is a really fun, well tuned car that will provide many more years of solid use.
* Cold Weather Package - Heated front seats
* Tinted windows
* Rear Sunshade
* Custom 1 of 5 carbon fiber belly pans.
* Isotta Steering Wheel cover
* Isotta chrime shift ring
* 18 x 8.5 Roja Neo Kruz wheels with 235/40-R18 Bridgestone RE 760 Ultra Performance tires - 80% life left - Wheels refinished 20 months ago - No scratches or curb rash
* Upgraded suspension to Bilstein Sport shocks with H&R springs to give it a lower, firmer ride
* Pioneer CD/MP3 head unit with Polk rear speakers
* Passat W8 sunroof controls and LED lighting
* HID lighting with angel eye Projector
* Clear corner lights
* Tinted tails - done professionally
* Slotted and cross drilled Brembo rotors
* Autometer Cobalt Boost and Stochiometric gauges on an Autometer pillar pod
* Upgraded vacuum hoses
* Upgraded Audi TT diverter valve
* Upsolute ECU Chip
* 28mm Neuspeed rear sway bar
* VW Phaeton pedals
* New Beetle Sunglass holder
* Votex front spoiler
* VW rear warning triangle (I don't know why these are standard from the factory)
* European headlight switch to add fog light and rear fog settings
* Rear left tail updated to add rear fog
* Optima Red Top battery
* Rear firewall/battery cover (this was not on the B5 Passats, but I retrofitted it from the B5.5 Passat for a cleaner engine look)
* I had the child seat anchors added in by VW as I had kids. This was a free upgrade.
* Badgeless front grille
* Shorter, sleeker antenna
* European asymmetrical blue side mirrors
* Clear side indicators
* Timing bellt done at 135,000 miles (2nd replacement)
* Brakes replace (pads and rotors) at 138,000 miles
* Left front outer CV boot and axle seal replaced at 141,000 miles
* Valve cover gasket and cam tensioner gasket replaced at 141,000 miles
* Leaking intake hose replaced at 141,000 miles
* Windshield replaced at 141,000 miles
In all the years I've owned the car, it has been extremely dependable, Other than oil changes, brake fluid flushing, coolant changes and the items above, the only other items I have had to replace are:
* My fuel lines developed a leak and had to be replaced.
* I broke the side mirror adjustment switch off in the first month I owned the car and it was replaced under warranty.
* I broke a valve solenoid replacing a vacuum hose about 2 years into owning it and replaced that.