A couple from Rocs in the Fog:
Unfortunately, it appears that family issues are going to force me to have to sell my Champagne Edition. I need the cash and, more importantly, will no longer have the space to keep two sciroccos. I’m really bummed and don’t want to sell because this car got all my sweet bits that the ragtop didn’t need/couldn’t use. I put a lot of love into this machine, but life sometimes has a way of sticking it to you...
Things I've done in the two years I've owned it:
- Eurospec Standard 40/34 solid head w/ custom Schrick 272 cam (3k miles on cam)
- ABA bottom-end rebuilt 10k miles ago, knock-sense setup from ’86 GTi, FF trans w/ 10k mile clutch and lightened flywheel
- Brospeed header ceramic coated in standard black (>35% thermal efficiency; (3k miles on header))
- Supersprint Gruppe A Race exhaust (one of the last sets available in USA; 10k miles)
- new/reman audi 3A distributor
- stripped interior floor of all rust, treated w/ Zero-Rust white, DynaMat’d from firewall to fuel tank
- Straight, no crub 15x7 ET28 Zender Sterns, rear fender wells rolled to accommodate
- new radiator, lo-temp fan switch and thermostat
- Volvo 240T fuel distributor, new supply fuel line run from tank to engine bay, then AN fittings and hose to fuel distributor to accommodate future EFI installation. I just got an Audi Turbo WUR I can throw in too.
- Scientific Rabbit Stage 3 ported 8v intake decked 0.5” to clear raintray
- bilstein sports w/ ground control coilovers (275/225 spring rates IIRC), new strut bearings in old-style housings
- full 16v brake swap w/ stainless lines, new wheel bearings front and rear driveshafts have 10k on them
- new control arms/balljoints w/ poly's
- new clutch cable, ignition switch, heater core, throttle cable, master cylinder
- alpine detach-face CD w/ mp3 jack and new Boston 3.5" in the stock door locations, 6.5" Bostons in the rear hand-built door card pods (t w/ black vinyl; original rear cards will come w/ car, Soundstream 600/4 Rubicon powering it all
- Mint black leather Recaro LS’s w/ wedge bracketry, MoMo Monte Carlo wheel
- new hatch struts
- new fuel level sensor and fuel tank
- new Optima 34R battery
- SUPER reliable; starts on first crank. Mechanically, this car is pretty much brand new. It will treat it’s future owner well.
- body is super straight - floor pans and rear rocker areas are "typical Cali" (I've tried to take pix providing an accurate representation of the car's condition. If there's another pic you want, let me know.)
- windshield uncracked and clear
- all locks still on single key (and the door handle areas appear to have never been pryed before amazingly enough)
- electrical unmolested, but upgraded where necessary – treated all fusebox connections w/ DeOxit
- the car has some surface rust, but for a CE extremely little. The paint needs to be buffed out at a minimum.
- needs window seals
Pictured eurobumpers, wheels, steering wheel (momo), upper strut bar front/rear are optional – we can knock the price and I can sell the other stuff on the side.
Looking to get $5k – really hoping it goes to an enthusiast
I will get current pictures of the car this weekend provided it doesn’t rain. But for the history of my ownsership, see here:
Thanks, Jerome - it really does hit hard thinking of selling it.
A few folks have made reference to the price. As I indicated above, I'd be willing to knock down the price by keeping the following:
- $800 for the recaros (I have passable S1 recaros that match the back seat)
- $700 for the eurobumps (I have the original CE US bumpers)
- $700 for the Zenders (though I would need to source some rollers)
Jeff, so sorry to hear about about the marriage and having to give up the CE. I'd be all over it if I didn't have mine already. I hope it goes to a deserving home. Folks, this is a great example of a rare Rocco. It is done right by someone who knows what they're doing.
A bump for a buddy here. I have personally seen Jeff clean the CE badges with a toothbrush in front of Will's house. If that isn't a loving previous owner, what is?
This car is clean, unique, interesting and rad. Wish I had the need for another Mk1, hell, I've got a big brick red 1890 to deal with.
Philadelphia, PAOriginally Posted by Mtl-Marc
2010 Sportwagen TDI
NOt sure what kinda deal you're looking for Pat. I've already got one tentative offer for asking and one for sure for a little less (to someone who's "in the circle" too). I know what it's worth and I'm already taking a bit of a loss to facilitate the sale. Get in where you fit in, I guess...
For what he is asking this car is a venerable steal. If I had any sense ( or conversely no sense at all) I would be booking a flight to NorCal and bringing a check.
Seriously, I got Jeff to send me his phone # but I've been afraid to contact. Have the $$ but I'm about two cars above my wife's boiling point .
Classified forum rules require that you post a price. If you don't know what to ask, they suggest that you search past FS threads.
So, when your item sells, please don't edit out your price and description when you mark it "SOLD". Rather, edit to show selling price.
Now this looks to be a fantastic deal right here.
My Original 1977 Scirocco is for sale: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...n-Baltimore-MD
Well G-fool, I'm glad to see what you've been up to since last I checked your build posts. FYI: This car was caked when I first saw it in Danville, I was out of my league when I thought I could restore this "gem". Randy was a good middle-man. I've picked up some tips from your thread for my next acquisition. If I could pull together 3.5Gs to grab this CE (minus the shoes, the buckets, and the euros),,,, Man. Best of luck, and I hope to see more progress on the sell. And, I hope you familial status doesn't go supernova. These machines are such a b!tch of a mistress.