Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: The Rams are moving in the right direction!!!

1. 03-21-2012 12:00 PM #1
      Hello Rams fans!!! I know we are not many on here but I know there are a few. So what do you guys think? So far so good, right? With the 3 acquirements of CB - Cortland Finnegan, Scott Wells, and DL Kendall Langford we are off to a good start. What are your thoughts??

Wide Reciever
      I still can't believe that we didn't go after any receivers when there were a couple of good ones out there. I just hope we can pick up Justin Blockmon during the draft, his size and speed reminds me a little of Megatron. I think he would be a good addition.

So what are your thoughts Rams Fans!!!

Oh, and I'm really hoping Kroenke brings the Rams back home to LA so I can buy season tickets.

2. 03-21-2012 02:04 PM #2
      and lost their DC today
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

3. 03-21-2012 05:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      and lost their DC today
      I know!!!

I can't believe Fisher stated that he had no idea of the scandal when he hired Greg Williams......BS. And now Fisher doesn't want to hire a new DC. Really? McGinnis? What the hell has he done???

4. 03-21-2012 06:08 PM #4
      didn't the scandal break after the hiring of Williams?

Im sure Williams was not going to offer up info about the bounty.

"oh by the way Jeff, i was running this illegal scheme for the Saints but I would not worry about it"

IMO the Rams might be better off without him. If it was not for the turnovers in the SB year, his defenses have not been the greatest.

He also has not been there long so who knows how big of a setback it is.

The Rams are moving in the right direction but i doubt they would be in the playoffs this year
      Boiler Up!

5. 03-22-2012 07:53 AM #5
      Since he's gonna be gone at least a year (or "indefinitely" in Goodell-speak), it probably would be a good idea just to move on and hire someone else. Sucks that this broke just short after the Rams hired him. But I just think it's probably best for everyone that they just go ahead and part ways now.

Otherwise, I do like what the Rams are doing. They still need to get receiving help though. Either through the draft or what's left in free agency. Blackmon would be the guy I would want -- but don't know if he will be there at #6.

At least they have some draft picks to fill some holes (Thanks, Washington!). Now they just got to find the right guys to plug those holes now.

Joe C.

6. 03-22-2012 10:46 AM #6
      Blackmon will be decent but he is not Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. plenty of solid WRs maybe make a move to take Flloyd or whoever else is there later in the first
      Boiler Up!

7. 03-22-2012 03:07 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      Blackmon will be decent but he is not Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. plenty of solid WRs maybe make a move to take Flloyd or whoever else is there later in the first
      I never said he is a Fitz or Megatron, I said he reminds me of Megatron (size, speed), but then again you never know until he starts playing in the NFL. But I do see potential in him and he just might surprise us.

8. 03-22-2012 03:08 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cook View Post
      Since he's gonna be gone at least a year (or "indefinitely" in Goodell-speak), it probably would be a good idea just to move on and hire someone else. Sucks that this broke just short after the Rams hired him. But I just think it's probably best for everyone that they just go ahead and part ways now.

Otherwise, I do like what the Rams are doing. They still need to get receiving help though. Either through the draft or what's left in free agency. Blackmon would be the guy I would want -- but don't know if he will be there at #6.

At least they have some draft picks to fill some holes (Thanks, Washington!). Now they just got to find the right guys to plug those holes now.

Joe C.
      Hey Joe nice to see you back on the threads!!!

9. 03-23-2012 07:50 AM #9
      Thanks, Evo.

Just that last year with all the losing, it was sucking the football life out of me. Tough to be an enthusiastic fan when you team kept getting pounded every week. Ok, about every week but 2.

Here's hoping with a new coaching staff, more talent added, and a full training camp can get these guys competitive once again. Outside of SF, I don't a lot of talented teams in the NFC West. (and thank you Peyton Manning for not going to either SF or Arizona!)

Guess we'll learn more about this team once the draft commences.

Joe C.

10. 03-23-2012 10:26 AM #10
      Totally agree Joe, like I said we are heading in the right direction. I know fisher is a good coach (I'm not saying Spags was a bad coach but I just didnt think he was tough enough). Like I said every piece is coming together, we really need to focus on a WR it's crucial that Sam "the man" Bradford has some weapons (oh oh deja vu). I'm glad we got Wells I keep reading good things about him. Also, I like the way our defense is slowly coming together. Little by little we are getting there, I think we are in a much better position this year than last year in the draft and we are going to have a lot more options. I'm so excited for this year!!!

All we need now is for Kroenke to move the Rams back to Los Angeles and I'll be the happiest man alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. 03-26-2012 05:11 PM #11
      What are your thoughts on acquiring Steve Smith from the Eagels?

Vehicles
      Subaru Forester, Mazda Miata
      03-30-2012 07:34 PM #12
      Not allowing myself to drink the kool-aid anymore. I get my hopes up every year only to have them sh%t on. GO RAMS!

Vehicles
      Subaru Forester, Mazda Miata
      03-30-2012 07:34 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      All we need now is for Kroenke to move the Rams back to Los Angeles and I'll be the happiest man alive!!!!!!!!!!!!
      NO!

14. 03-31-2012 09:54 PM #14
      YES!!!! It will happen!!!!!

15. 04-13-2012 02:14 PM #15
      Man oh man have the Rams been active. We are just picking up everyone. What do you guys think of all the acquistions?

Discuss!

Vehicles
      84 GTI
      04-24-2012 03:43 PM #16
      Man oh man have the Rams been active. We are just picking up everyone. What do you guys think of all the acquistions?

They need to build through the draft not just taking on everyone's retreads. Steve Smith was a wasted signing. Finnegan is prolly the best of the group they signed.
      For the best in Pittsburgh sports. http://steelnationmagazine.com/

17. 04-25-2012 01:11 PM #17
      Steven Jackson on the trading block?
      Boiler Up!

18. 04-26-2012 08:08 AM #18
      I don't think he's on the trading block. At least everything I've read the past couple of days has pretty much said there was nothing to that earlier rumor.

Only way it would possibly happen is if the Rams would draft Richardson. I expect him to be long gone by the time the Rams pick anyway.

I'd be happy with either Blackmon or Claiborne. They *should* get a good player if they do stay at #6. But I've said that before and been terribly, terribly mistaken.

Joe C.

19. 04-26-2012 04:38 PM #19
      Today is the day!!!!! No matter what we are going to end up with a good player. I really was hoping for Richardson but as my good buddy Joe stated he will most likely be gone. Blackmon is my next pick. But Richardson would of been a nice acquistion.

20. 04-26-2012 05:11 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Today is the day!!!!! No matter what we are going to end up with a good player. I really was hoping for Richardson but as my good buddy Joe stated he will most likely be gone. Blackmon is my next pick. But Richardson would of been a nice acquistion.
      it will be better for Richardson's career if doesn't have to face the 9ers defense twice a year

happy draft day
      Boiler Up!

21. 04-26-2012 10:36 PM #21
      Well we traded again and I think it was a good move especially cause we have so many holes to fill. We already
      have a solid CB so trading to get more picks was a good move. And Brokers looks like a can be a beast.

22. 04-27-2012 11:39 AM #22
      Today is our day my Rams Fans!!! We have not 1 not 2 BUT 3 picks in today's 2nd round. I'm sure the Fish and Snead are hard at work trying to decide who to bring for some good offensive weapons to help out our beloved Sam "The Man" Bradford". I'm too excited, I could hardly sleep last night thinking of all the potential players we can get. LET'S GO RAAAAAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. 04-29-2012 05:36 AM #23
      I generally like the picks. Jenkins is going to be a boom/bust player. I'd like to think Fisher will know how to handle him, thanks to his PacMan experience(s) in the past.

Quick is an intriguing pick. Nice size, good RAC skills. Could be a nice target in the red zone. But he's raw. If this were the prior regime, I would be against this pick. Seems like they couldn't draft a WR to save their lives. But am hoping Sneed/Fisher did their homework with this guy. So am giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

Loved the Pead pick. They desperately needed a change of pace back who could also work into the passing game. Would love to see him and SJ on the field at the same time. Can't just key on SJ now.

Brockers is another boom/bust pick. DT's are just so hard to draft. Again, I am hoping Fisher's defensive coaching experience allowed him to properly evaluate this guy. If he is a stud, that would be a great pick for the Rams. They really did need someone inside who could hold up at the point of the attack and allow Laurenaitis and the LB's to run free. They were gashed too many times in recent years by no name running backs on the ground.

Still wish they came up with more LBing help. But even with all those picks, it's hard to fill each and every hole this year.

Generally liked what the Rams did during the draft.

Can't wait for training camp to start now!

Joe C.

24. 04-30-2012 11:31 AM #24
      Joe my man, I totally agree with you. I really liked what they did with there picks. Fisher kept saying that they did their homework on their picks and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt knowing how competitive he is and I'm sure he wants to show the league that he can turn the Rams around. Jenkins, is some great talent waiting to be unleashed (if everything goes well, and he can stay in line), I really like Brockers big powerful guy, hoping he can stop the run so Laurinatus could grab some more picks this season. Pead is going to be a speed threat something that we haven't had in the past, and like you said with SJ and him in the back defenses are going to have a tough time locking in on one. I believe they also picked an offensive guard (which we are in desperate need), and we also got a stud of a kicker. I don't care what you say but you definitely need a good kicker, how many times do you see teams lose or win because of a kicker, so kudos to Fisher and Snead on that one.

All in all I'm happy with their picks and I'm so excited for this season to start. I know we have pretty tough schedule once again but it's ok I'll take it and put our team to the test once again.

All we need now is for the Rams to move to Los Angeles and everything will be perfect!!!

25. 05-07-2012 10:32 AM #25
      Rams love bump!!!!!!!!!!!!