Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: outing a member?

1. 03-21-2012 07:49 PM #1
      Group,
      I have been waiting since mid January for someone on this site to send me parts to me that I paid for via paypal. I have send emails and private messages and he says he will get to it but I am fed-up.
      What do you say - do I take this public on this site and others?
      What do you suggest?
      Spechols

2. Member
      Vehicles
      97 jetta tdi,96gtdi in the works,83 rabbit convertable,81 pickup,80 vanagon,95 90 quattro sport,
      03-22-2012 05:14 PM #2
      id talk to paypal first , tghey may just deal with it very quickly and cleanly , i had an issue with an ebay auction years ago with my stuff not being shipped , never got anything but attitude from the seller , and was taken care of by paypal very quickly with my money being returned , as long as you dont send it as a gift

Vehicles
      69 Camper, 71 Bus
      03-22-2012 11:57 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by zazuu64 View Post
      id talk to paypal first
      X2
      But if paypal doesn't take care of it, then by all means go for it.

A lawyer once told me...facts, not opinions, wins the case every time.
      Just some food for thought in case you do post your experience

Mid January ?
      You got a lot more patience then I do !

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '99 Eurovan 1.9 TDI/AHU 5-speed (conversion), '97 VW Passat Wagon GLX-TDI (conversion), 4-B4 TDI's
      03-25-2012 01:06 AM #4
      Paypal usually good with resolving problems, but the transaction must be made no more than 45 days ago. If it was in mid january - probably its to late... If you will try to open the case online - it will not allow to open the case, but call paypal and talk with them (person to person), maybe they will help.

Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      03-26-2012 12:50 PM #5
      Paypal would have reversed the money back to you but it's too late now. Sounds like the guy strung you along on purpose knowing this. & I hate to sound like an ass, but if you waited THAT long then you have no one to blame but yourself. If I buy something from a private individual & he hasn't shipped it in MAXIMUM of 2 weeks it's Paypal dispute time. There is ZERO reasons for anyone to take more than a few days to ship something once you pay for it. So 2 weeks is the longest I'd ever wait before filing a dispute. I sell on ebay for a living & Paypal is 100% geared to favor the BUYER. You would have without a doubt had your money returned by Paypal UNLESS you sent the money as a gift. NEVER pay for anything as a gift.
      www.desmolition.com

Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty