Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 73

    Thread: Did Anyone Order The APR/VWR Intake Yet?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,101
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R; 2012 Tiguan SEL
      03-23-2012 05:53 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      The filter is lifetime. Just clean it. It's permanently affixed to the metal back piece.



      I have one in my office.
      Please mail that one to me please. You can replace it with the one I ordered. K, thanks.
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R (Build Thread)
      2012 Night Blue Tiguan SEL w/ Premium Nav

    2. Member DjSherif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2005
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,376
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi A3 2.0TQ
      03-23-2012 05:55 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      The VWR product line is not for sale yet. It will be soon. Some retailers may have existing stock left but the new cross over hasn't fully taken place yet. Just hold on and all the correct part numbers, prices and information will be released.
      Will these intakes be compatible with TSI's as well?

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, NC
      Posts
      3,484
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      03-23-2012 06:53 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      I have one in my office.
      How much will you take for it?

      Also, do we get a free VWR hat with our intake purchase!? I hope so!

    4. Member
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2002
      Location
      Keller TX.
      Posts
      355
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-23-2012 08:05 PM #39
      I dont care so much about the sound. Well......maybe a little bit. I just find it hard to believe they add as much power as a claim or two I have seen here on the forums. Some people swear by them and others just say it does next to nothing. The whole filter on a stick thing. I would like to see a before and after dyno. APR flash and the APR fuel pump.......then dyno.......APR Flash, APR fuel pump with this intake......then another dyno ! Not trying to start anything! I just want to have a source other than APR. A regular human if you will. Well........I guess none of us are really normal

    5. 03-23-2012 11:52 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      The filter is lifetime. Just clean it. It's permanently affixed to the metal back piece.



      I have one in my office.
      Will the future versions fit without modification to the engine cover ?

    6. Member Siliconrane's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2009
      Location
      Camp Bullis, TX (San Antonio)
      Posts
      1,547
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R - Black
      03-23-2012 11:54 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Trinzler View Post
      Will the future versions fit without modification to the engine cover ?
      Not Possible. The Stock air intake system is integrated with the cover. There is no place to route the pipe otherwise, so you are either stuck removing the stock cover or getting out the dremel.
      2012 Golf R - Black WETDUB
      APR Stage 2++ (Build Thread)

    7. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      03-24-2012 01:22 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by TLud View Post
      I had my local shop (which is an APR dealer) here in Houston put in an order for the APR/VWR intake to get me a place in line, even if they are not yet in stock.
      BARTuning or European Legacy motors??

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,101
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R; 2012 Tiguan SEL
      03-24-2012 01:55 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      BARTuning or European Legacy motors??
      ELM, of course.


      Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R (Build Thread)
      2012 Night Blue Tiguan SEL w/ Premium Nav

    9. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      03-24-2012 01:58 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by TLud View Post
      ELM, of course.


      Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
      Nice! That's where I'm gonna go for all my mods, next is APR stage 1 finally hopefully first weeks of April

    10. Member DioMacchina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Jersey
      Posts
      257
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-24-2012 08:53 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      Nice! That's where I'm gonna go for all my mods, next is APR stage 1 finally hopefully first weeks of April
      Stage1 is awesome, look forward to it!!

    11. Member BMPGTI08's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      169
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-24-2012 09:20 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      How much will you take for it?

      Also, do we get a free VWR hat with our intake purchase!? I hope so!
      For $600 u better get the hat AND a free bowl of soup.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsd...e_gdata_player
      APR Stage 2+, Milltek Turbo back w/ Black tips, LED Tails w/ rear fog, Neuspeed P-Flo, Euro switch, LED Interior, Steel R seat inserts, Piano Black front emblem.

    12. Member BlazedR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2012
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      263
      Vehicles
      2001 Acura NSX-T 28k miles, 2001.5 Audi S4 APR Stage III+
      04-09-2012 08:01 PM #47
      Any updates on this intake?
      '01 Acura NSX-T 6spd Silverstone/Onyx 28k miles (garage queen)
      '01.5 Audi S4 APR Stage 3+(daily)
      '10 Nissan GT-R Premium (sold)
      '12 Golf R 2dr (sold) l '02 Porsche 996TT 6spd (sold) l '06 Mercedes E55 AMG (sold)
      '94 Toyota Supra 6spd TRD Widebody GT42/E85 (sold) '06 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (sold)

    13. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      14,816
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-10-2012 11:16 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by BlazedR View Post
      Any updates on this intake?
      I believe 20 were shipped last week and we are getting an update this afternoon on the next shipment. I believe the first batch being processed was around 250 intakes.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2007
      Location
      San Diego, Ca
      Posts
      526
      Vehicles
      '13.5 Platinum Grey GLI Autobahn w/ Nav, '12 Black Passat 2.5 SE W/ Nav, '12 Golf R Stg 2+ (Sold)
      04-10-2012 12:01 PM #49
      Arin,
      Is there anyway I can check to see where I'm at in line for the intake? Just making at attempt to get a rough estimate when I can expect it.

      Thanks

      Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

    15. 04-10-2012 03:19 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by tmoe View Post
      I'd stick with the VWR air intake even with the price, air flow/around MAF as stated is important, intake to front mounted air intake (no hot engine air), much cleaner design then Twintake from Forge, similar pricing, the Wintake doesn't look like it will flow as much air smaller air cleaner/inlet size); therefore, lower price than Twintake or VWR intakes.

      Concerning ITG, I contacted them and they won't sell the VWR intake as an ITG model based on contracts with VWR.
      not exactly the same by similar style
      http://www.itgairfilters.com/maxogen...=maxogen&ID=69

    16. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      14,816
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-10-2012 04:20 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by provenflipper View Post
      Arin,
      Is there anyway I can check to see where I'm at in line for the intake? Just making at attempt to get a rough estimate when I can expect it.

      Thanks

      Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
      If you call we may be able to check that out.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    17. Member tmoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2008
      Location
      Medinah, Il.
      Posts
      253
      04-10-2012 04:34 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by papaskot View Post
      not exactly the same by similar style
      http://www.itgairfilters.com/maxogen...=maxogen&ID=69
      I saw that one but it's for the GTI, MAF is in the wrong spot and I didn't see one for the 2.0t fsi engine. I ordered the VWR intake and I'm going to patiently wait as that's my final mod for awhile. I'm happy with the current performance of stage 2+ with HPFP and Milltek TBE sport cat non-resonated.

    18. 04-11-2012 10:31 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by tmoe View Post
      I saw that one but it's for the GTI, MAF is in the wrong spot and I didn't see one for the 2.0t fsi engine. I ordered the VWR intake and I'm going to patiently wait as that's my final mod for awhile. I'm happy with the current performance of stage 2+ with HPFP and Milltek TBE sport cat non-resonated.
      yeah not sure whats going on there. picture shows tsi, link on left says its for mkV, so i would assume FSI

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      04-11-2012 01:32 PM #54
      any dyno with the vwr racing intake, stage 1+, hpfp? just to compare it with carbonio intake. I am going this route.

    20. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      14,816
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-11-2012 03:12 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by sup_lado View Post
      any dyno with the vwr racing intake, stage 1+, hpfp? just to compare it with carbonio intake. I am going this route.
      Yes, I believe so. Engineering just did a lot of data collection yesterday so I'll go through it to see how it all stacks up.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    21. Member DioMacchina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Jersey
      Posts
      257
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-11-2012 07:06 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Yes, I believe so. Engineering just did a lot of data collection yesterday so I'll go through it to see how it all stacks up.
      Let us now Arin. I'm getting the VWR intake regardless but I would love to know what I am going to be running.

    22. Member BlazedR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2012
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      263
      Vehicles
      2001 Acura NSX-T 28k miles, 2001.5 Audi S4 APR Stage III+
      04-12-2012 01:25 PM #57
      any chance for group buy pricing?
      '01 Acura NSX-T 6spd Silverstone/Onyx 28k miles (garage queen)
      '01.5 Audi S4 APR Stage 3+(daily)
      '10 Nissan GT-R Premium (sold)
      '12 Golf R 2dr (sold) l '02 Porsche 996TT 6spd (sold) l '06 Mercedes E55 AMG (sold)
      '94 Toyota Supra 6spd TRD Widebody GT42/E85 (sold) '06 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (sold)

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2012
      Location
      Bay Area
      Posts
      89
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      04-12-2012 02:35 PM #58
      I probably will be doing this.... on CA's 91 craptane.... 280whp or bust FTW! Please please make it so I can switch between a 91 octane and 100 octane map soon. And tell me toggle ESP on and off so I can do some big drifto in the rain....

      Quote Originally Posted by bmwgtiman View Post
      I dont care so much about the sound. Well......maybe a little bit. I just find it hard to believe they add as much power as a claim or two I have seen here on the forums. Some people swear by them and others just say it does next to nothing. The whole filter on a stick thing. I would like to see a before and after dyno. APR flash and the APR fuel pump.......then dyno.......APR Flash, APR fuel pump with this intake......then another dyno ! Not trying to start anything! I just want to have a source other than APR. A regular human if you will. Well........I guess none of us are really normal
      2012 VW Golf R
      2008 BMW E90 M3
      2008 Honda S2000
      2013 Nissan Leaf (beater daily)

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2007
      Location
      San Diego, Ca
      Posts
      526
      Vehicles
      '13.5 Platinum Grey GLI Autobahn w/ Nav, '12 Black Passat 2.5 SE W/ Nav, '12 Golf R Stg 2+ (Sold)
      04-12-2012 05:58 PM #59
      Looks like my intake just shipped!! Perfect timing, as I'll be able to have it installed when I go stage 1+ next Friday.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, NC
      Posts
      3,484
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      04-12-2012 06:04 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by provenflipper View Post
      Looks like my intake just shipped!! Perfect timing, as I'll be able to have it installed when I go stage 1+ next Friday.
      Where did you order from? I called APR again today and was told that the delivery was pushed back and it would be another 3 weeks still. So I canceled. *shrug*

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,101
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R; 2012 Tiguan SEL
      04-12-2012 06:13 PM #61
      Gives me time to dyno my Stage 1+ numbers before and after the VWR intake. I want to get a definite idea of how much the intake increases power overall and whether/how much it decreases low end power.
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R (Build Thread)
      2012 Night Blue Tiguan SEL w/ Premium Nav

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2012
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      382
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      04-12-2012 07:07 PM #62
      Hey guys, we have had the VW Racing intake available in Australia for a while now - i got mine in October last year. It's very well made, looks great and fits perfectly (better quality than the Forge intakes in my opinion).

      Below is a picture of it installed with Audi TTS engine cover, and also a short video showing the sound.




      http://youtu.be/OLnPtuCVuls

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2007
      Location
      San Diego, Ca
      Posts
      526
      Vehicles
      '13.5 Platinum Grey GLI Autobahn w/ Nav, '12 Black Passat 2.5 SE W/ Nav, '12 Golf R Stg 2+ (Sold)
      04-12-2012 09:53 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      Where did you order from? I called APR again today and was told that the delivery was pushed back and it would be another 3 weeks still. So I canceled. *shrug*
      I ordered from APR. I got the final invoice first, and then an email from UPS. This was around 2pm PST.

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2002
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      629
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-13-2012 01:18 PM #64
      I understand why you want the engine pulling air from outside the engine bay. But what happens with these sealed systems when it's raining hard while driving?


      The way the stock ram air thing is set up, the air can pass straight through the gril, into the bay. The intake is on the top part of that high air pressure area. Theoreticaly water could enter even the stock set up. But with the bottom open, the water should fall away.

      Where is the water going to go in the sealed system (if not into the engine)?
      Do you have to open the sealed intake and empty it/ dry it out after heavy rain?

    30. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      04-13-2012 02:17 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
      Hey guys, we have had the VW Racing intake available in Australia for a while now - i got mine in October last year. It's very well made, looks great and fits perfectly (better quality than the Forge intakes in my opinion).

      Below is a picture of it installed with Audi TTS engine cover, and also a short video showing the sound.




      http://youtu.be/OLnPtuCVuls
      How much is it down there?

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      04-13-2012 02:18 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by TLud View Post
      Gives me time to dyno my Stage 1+ numbers before and after the VWR intake. I want to get a definite idea of how much the intake increases power overall and whether/how much it decreases low end power.
      Keep us posted. Thanks...

    32. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      14,816
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-13-2012 05:01 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by 12vdubber View Post
      I understand why you want the engine pulling air from outside the engine bay. But what happens with these sealed systems when it's raining hard while driving?
      It rains down here all the time. Hard. And we have good tires and carelessly drive fast in the rain. You'll be fine. There's even a drain hole if you happen to get some water in the intake box.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2002
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      629
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-13-2012 05:54 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      It rains down here all the time. Hard. And we have good tires and carelessly drive fast in the rain. You'll be fine. There's even a drain hole if you happen to get some water in the intake box.

      Good to know.

    34. Member ScratchRob13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2006
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      897
      Vehicles
      '12 VW Golf R, '01 Audi A4, '07 Duramax
      04-13-2012 09:04 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by 12vdubber View Post
      I understand why you want the engine pulling air from outside the engine bay. But what happens with these sealed systems when it's raining hard while driving?


      The way the stock ram air thing is set up, the air can pass straight through the gril, into the bay. The intake is on the top part of that high air pressure area. Theoreticaly water could enter even the stock set up. But with the bottom open, the water should fall away.

      Where is the water going to go in the sealed system (if not into the engine)?
      Do you have to open the sealed intake and empty it/ dry it out after heavy rain?
      Half of the water/meth solution solved
      2001 Audi A4 QM 1.8T | Under Construction...
      2007 Chevy Duramax | BT Dieselworks 1000+rwtq
      2012 VW Golf R | Mini-Avant

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      201
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R ; 2014 SQ5
      04-13-2012 11:17 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by TLud View Post
      Gives me time to dyno my Stage 1+ numbers before and after the VWR intake. I want to get a definite idea of how much the intake increases power overall and whether/how much it decreases low end power.
      My EVoMs CAI increased top end hp with an APR stage 1 tune. Saw about a 13hp increase at the wheels from just the intake on a stage 1 over stock. Saw very slightly lower peak hp with 1+, (much better torque curve tho).

      I am not sure of an advantage the VWR intake will have over other systems, but my guess will be that any CAI will increase power on the :R.

      B.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •