Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 322

    Thread: Lowlydubb3r's build thread

    1. Banner Advertiser ModBargains.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2012
      Location
      1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631
      Posts
      1,093
      Vehicles
      Audi A3, 996TT, 135i, 335i, 370z, G37, 540i, AE86, B7 A4, ETC
      10-08-2012 01:52 PM #126
      love the RS
      Sales | Sales@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330
      We Specialize In: VW Parts | VW Wheels | ST Suspension | KW Suspension
      Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm (PST) ModBargains Blog

    2. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      10-08-2012 09:32 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by LEBlackRob View Post
      Wish we got the B7 wagons in the US.
      Yeah if they would have had a TDI wagon I think I would have got that instead

      Quote Originally Posted by Bizborky89 View Post
      How difficult was the fog light install? I want to pick up a base TDI 6speed. But I want fogs. Thanks man. And your car is absolutely on point. Keep the updates coming!

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well just putting in the fogs is super easy. Just look for the screws holding in the parts, simple. As far as the wiring, I have been too lazy to wire them up yet but I should be doing that soon and I'll put an update up.

      Quote Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
      love the RS
      Thanks.
      And just cause I love this photo, here's a pic from H2O

    3. Member LEBlackRob's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2012
      Location
      Turtles
      Posts
      781
      Vehicles
      ERMAHGERD_I_HAS_YELA_FROG_LIGHTS
      10-09-2012 10:37 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      Yeah if they would have had a TDI wagon I think I would have got that instead
      Yea seeing the pictures of the cars over the pond are such a d*ck tease.

    4. Member JJS119's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2008
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      1,399
      Vehicles
      2015 BMW X1, 2008 Escalade ESV, 1990 ME/BE 300SE, 1988 911 Targa, 1984 Subaru GL, 1983 ME/BE 300D
      10-09-2012 10:38 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      I have the same car but with the 2.5 and I can do something similar to what you are doing. The car looks better and better every time I go to the next page. I have been extremely busy with work and now school, so haven't been on Vortex much and this is my first time reading this thread. Subscribed.

      I just have 2 question. Regarding the plate lights, is it a regular bulb with blue tint, or LED? Did it throw any bulb out message on the dash when you put them in? And how is the ride? I live in NYC where potholes look more like meteor strikes and like how the car rides and takes the bumps the way it does now.

      First thing I did was put 4300k HID's in which light up the road awesome. The plans I have are throwing a Thule rack with fairing on the roof, to lower it an inch, inch and a half, yellow fogs, to throw 18 inch VW Spokane's on it, and whatever else I like that comes along since our cars are still new. Keep posting! Once again the car looks awesome and you have me extremely jealous. I'll drive my girlfriends 2009 E350 4Matic, wait, make that my 2009 E350 since I bought it for her and we are in the process of breaking up because I can't drive my Passat looking so stock. I'm going to order fogs now.

      Last edited by JJS119; 10-09-2012 at 10:47 AM.

      Quote Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica! View Post
      I'd rather have AIDS than a diesel station wagon.

    5. Member mm2129's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      1,941
      Vehicles
      MKIV GTI 1.8T
      10-09-2012 11:13 AM #130
      wow soo clean!!

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      NorCal
      Posts
      53
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat 2.5 SE
      10-09-2012 10:30 PM #131
      Wheel Specs?

    7. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      10-10-2012 03:42 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by JJS119 View Post

      I just have 2 question. Regarding the plate lights, is it a regular bulb with blue tint, or LED? Did it throw any bulb out message on the dash when you put them in? And how is the ride? I live in NYC where potholes look more like meteor strikes and like how the car rides and takes the bumps the way it does now.
      The ones I used are just bulbs. They didn't throw any codes. As for the air ride, the ride is stiffer than stock but this will happen when you lower your car even on coils. I have driven in NY with the air ride with passengers and it was no problem, they didn't even notice the difference. Also make sure to factor in if you get new wheels with smaller tires the ride will be rougher.

      Quote Originally Posted by mm2129 View Post
      wow soo clean!!


      Quote Originally Posted by DCB7 View Post
      Wheel Specs?
      They are 19x9 and the offsets are unknown at the moment. If I were to guess I think the fronts are in the 20's and the rears are in the teens but when I take them off for winter I will measure them.

    8. Member JJS119's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2008
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      1,399
      Vehicles
      2015 BMW X1, 2008 Escalade ESV, 1990 ME/BE 300SE, 1988 911 Targa, 1984 Subaru GL, 1983 ME/BE 300D
      10-11-2012 06:23 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      The ones I used are just bulbs. They didn't throw any codes. As for the air ride, the ride is stiffer than stock but this will happen when you lower your car even on coils. I have driven in NY with the air ride with passengers and it was no problem, they didn't even notice the difference. Also make sure to factor in if you get new wheels with smaller tires the ride will be rougher.
      Thanks dude a lot dude. I am probably going to throw coils on mine but I didn't realize you were bagged. Once again, car looks f*cking awesome, I love RS's, especially in red, and you have some really good taste. The fun part is playing around with the car. Getting new rims, installing those new trims, painting that one something, you know to have the car where you can walk back and be like "I drive a bad ass car." But once you get it to where you want it, you want out of it.

      Opinions on tinted windows? I want to put a medium tint on it since I have a tan gut, and everyone else thinks I should keep it fish bowled it. Opinions on tints? From anyone?

      Quote Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica! View Post
      I'd rather have AIDS than a diesel station wagon.

    9. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      10-11-2012 06:18 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by JJS119 View Post
      Thanks dude a lot dude. I am probably going to throw coils on mine but I didn't realize you were bagged. Once again, car looks f*cking awesome, I love RS's, especially in red, and you have some really good taste. The fun part is playing around with the car. Getting new rims, installing those new trims, painting that one something, you know to have the car where you can walk back and be like "I drive a bad ass car." But once you get it to where you want it, you want out of it.

      Opinions on tinted windows? I want to put a medium tint on it since I have a tan gut, and everyone else thinks I should keep it fish bowled it. Opinions on tints? From anyone?
      coils are good too, just don't cheap out on them, just my opinion. Thanks for the compliments I plan on keeping this car for a while so hopefully I won't get bored too quickly. Personally, I might tint my windows but very slightly. Maybe like 50% and just for protection of the leather. I don't really like heavy tint but to each their own. Wanna trade seats?

    10. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      12-13-2012 10:59 PM #135
      I decided to add some color to my winter wheels
      At ride height:

      All down:

      Closeup


      better pics soon

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2012
      Location
      Milwaukee, Wi
      Posts
      60
      Vehicles
      2014 SEL TDI Passat S2 RX8, Datsun 510
      12-15-2012 10:29 PM #136
      damn it looks hot with the BBS's

    12. Member LEBlackRob's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2012
      Location
      Turtles
      Posts
      781
      Vehicles
      ERMAHGERD_I_HAS_YELA_FROG_LIGHTS
      12-18-2012 10:42 AM #137
      Looks minty for the winter.
      Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Wellington III View Post
      Real G's act a fool using their real accounts.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2007
      Location
      Phoenixville PA
      Posts
      3,667
      Vehicles
      07 baggedwagon, now 12 GLI
      12-20-2012 06:42 AM #138
      Looks great Matt. You and Jose have the nicest winter wheels around!

    14. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      12-28-2012 04:22 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by stewiefied View Post
      damn it looks hot with the BBS's
      Quote Originally Posted by LEBlackRob View Post
      Looks minty for the winter.
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by fasttt600 View Post
      Looks great Matt. You and Jose have the nicest winter wheels around!
      Hey Brendan. My wheels are OEM, Jose is the fancy one. How's the jetta coming along?

    15. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      01-12-2013 10:54 AM #140
      A decent picture...

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2007
      Location
      CLE. OH
      Posts
      13,325
      01-13-2013 02:27 PM #141

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      NorCal
      Posts
      53
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat 2.5 SE
      03-10-2013 05:12 PM #142
      Hey did you ever find out the specs on the RSs?

    18. Member kueckerdj09's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      2,364
      Vehicles
      09 GLI
      03-10-2013 11:04 PM #143
      Love the build man!

    19. Member TDI Brad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2011
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      568
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      03-28-2013 06:41 PM #144
      Lowlydub I think I saw your ride in the VW video from SoWo last year. Were you parked next to the red lifted baja rabbit?

      http://youtu.be/91bWCEjrBbU

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TDI Brad; 03-28-2013 at 07:07 PM.
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

    20. Member PuToA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2008
      Location
      MD - CT
      Posts
      183
      Vehicles
      '12 Passat - '11 Highlander
      03-29-2013 11:20 AM #145
      Do you have any trunk set-up pics?

      formerly sleepygti28 & kritic28 | evacunited.com

      Dilemma: Bag Current car or Downpayment on Project car?

    21. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      04-17-2013 10:35 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by kueckerdj09 View Post
      Love the build man!
      Thanks!!

      Quote Originally Posted by DCB7 View Post
      Hey did you ever find out the specs on the RSs?
      They are approximately 19x9 et 6

      Quote Originally Posted by TDI Brad View Post
      Lowlydub I think I saw your ride in the VW video from SoWo last year. Were you parked next to the red lifted baja rabbit?

      http://youtu.be/91bWCEjrBbU

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yup that was me

      Quote Originally Posted by PuToA4 View Post
      Do you have any trunk set-up pics?

      I don't at the moment but I can try and I'll try and get some.


      Oh yeah I took this picture a while ago and I think it's a neat picture in general
      Last edited by LowlyDubb3r; 04-17-2013 at 10:42 PM.

    22. Member PuToA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2008
      Location
      MD - CT
      Posts
      183
      Vehicles
      '12 Passat - '11 Highlander
      04-18-2013 10:24 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      Thanks!!
      I don't at the moment but I can try and I'll try and get some.

      Oh yeah I took this picture a while ago and I think it's a neat picture in general
      Thanks.

      And that pic is...
      formerly sleepygti28 & kritic28 | evacunited.com

      Dilemma: Bag Current car or Downpayment on Project car?

    23. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      24,217
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A4
      04-18-2013 11:52 AM #148
      to another bagged 2012 Passat that came from a MkV. Haha.

    24. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,700
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      04-18-2013 03:33 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post
      to another bagged 2012 Passat that came from a MkV. Haha.
      yup just swapped everything over

    25. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      24,217
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A4
      04-18-2013 03:56 PM #150
      That was one of the selling points for me. Had to be a sedan and had to have MkV suspension.

    Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •