Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 287

    Thread: Lowlydubb3r's build thread

    1. Member
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2010
      Location
      Germany
      Posts
      2,699
      Vehicles
      80 W126, 83 MK2, 91 Corrado G60, 10 bagged Passat TDI Wagon
      06-30-2012 04:26 PM #71
      Sick
      My MK4My MK2
      • FS: Artec Turbo P
      • FVCKD FB | Flickr

    2. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-05-2012 12:52 PM #72
      I got bored today so I installed my fogs that I bought awhile ago. They still need to be wired up but nice change to the looks.

      and here's my current ride height.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2011
      Location
      Mexiland
      Posts
      275
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat
      08-05-2012 02:09 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      I got bored today so I installed my fogs that I bought awhile ago. They still need to be wired up but nice change to the looks.

      and here's my current ride height.
      Great man!, are you going to put the silver trim around the fogs back? or are you leaving it like this?

    4. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-05-2012 09:26 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Perio5 View Post
      Great man!, are you going to put the silver trim around the fogs back? or are you leaving it like this?
      Thanks. I'm planning on painting the trim black. That chrome mustache is one of the things I really don't like about the front end.

    5. Moderator
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2006
      Location
      South Central KY
      Posts
      15,968
      Vehicles
      14 CC R-line, 07 expedition EL Limtd
      08-05-2012 10:27 PM #75
      do you suggest I use the D cups like in the mk5/6 rears? or not needed

      Thanks,

      Tony
      If you can't take the HEAT be a COP

      2B1 ask 1

    6. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-05-2012 11:42 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by irishpride View Post
      do you suggest I use the D cups like in the mk5/6 rears? or not needed

      Thanks,

      Tony
      I don't really have any suggestions but I can tell you from my experiences. On my GTI I had dcups and they worked just fine. Now I have bagyards and they do seem more comfy and secure. Overall I would say it all depends on how much you want to spend. Dcups with generic bags are a lot cheaper than bagyards. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

    7. 08-05-2012 11:47 PM #77
      Love your mods!!!!! Where did you purchase the low beam super white headlight bulbs and the license plate bulbs? I have a 2012 tiguan LE. I installed LED plate lights with resisters and keep getting a bulb out error. My 2010 tiguan with these bulbs didnt have a problem, maybe resister went bad.

      thanks

    8. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-06-2012 12:12 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by ghines51 View Post
      Love your mods!!!!! Where did you purchase the low beam super white headlight bulbs and the license plate bulbs? I have a 2012 tiguan LE. I installed LED plate lights with resisters and keep getting a bulb out error. My 2010 tiguan with these bulbs didnt have a problem, maybe resister went bad.

      thanks
      There may be cheaper place but I just looked on amazon and ebay.

    9. Member cheapa55TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Posts
      620
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SE
      08-06-2012 12:26 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      Thanks. I'm planning on painting the trim black. That chrome mustache is one of the things I really don't like about the front end.
      I really like the fogs with no chrome trim.

    10. Junior Member Zarar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2012
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      25
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Passat 2.5 SE
      08-07-2012 11:46 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      Well the PIAA DRL bulbs are on a nationwide backorder so I have to find an alternative but I did get new license plate lights.





      I would say don't do reps and stay away from black wheels but that's just my opinions. As long as you like it.
      What bulb type did you use for the License Plate? I can't seem to find a "replacement guide" to make sure I use the correct bulbs.

    11. 08-08-2012 12:01 AM #81
      use the size/bulb t10.

    12. 08-08-2012 12:02 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by passatSE View Post
      use the size/bulb t10 168.
      http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-19172-Xtr...words=piaa+t10

    13. Junior Member Zarar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2012
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      25
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Passat 2.5 SE
      08-08-2012 12:06 AM #83
      Thank you! Really appreciate it.

    14. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-08-2012 11:06 PM #84
      Not too shabby looking

    15. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-10-2012 10:27 PM #85
      Update: Caved today and got notched. I also put new spacers on so no they are 10.5 in the front and 15mm in the rear.


    16. 08-10-2012 11:17 PM #86
      Love it!

      Are you planning on going to First Class Fitment this year?

    17. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-11-2012 10:40 AM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dont View Post
      Love it!

      Are you planning on going to First Class Fitment this year?
      Thanks. I definitely wanna go. My new wheels should be on by then, hopefully I'll get picked to show.

    18. 08-11-2012 10:49 AM #88
      Excellent. Hope to see ya there. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have my bags on by then.

    19. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-11-2012 11:07 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dont View Post
      Excellent. Hope to see ya there. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have my bags on by then.
      You should go to vagfair this Sunday in PA

    20. 08-11-2012 11:30 AM #90
      Unfortunately that's a bit of a hike for me on late notice. I'm from Western MA.

    21. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-11-2012 02:11 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dont View Post
      Unfortunately that's a bit of a hike for me on late notice. I'm from Western MA.
      Oh I thought you were in NJ. Well see ya at other shows

      Update: I put in the fog trim that I painted black and I'm very happy with the outcome.

      Here's a pictures of the fitment after I put the new spacers.

    22. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-13-2012 05:43 PM #92
      ever wonder how big our cars are compared to a Rolls Royce Phantom....



    23. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,490
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      08-15-2012 04:24 PM #93
      is that a phantom or a ghost? i know the new passat is big but the phantom towers over even s classes and is more boxy
      Last edited by Dutchmastr9; 08-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    24. Junior Member Dysprosius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Addison, Tx
      Posts
      38
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE
      08-15-2012 05:20 PM #94
      Based on the slope and the tailights, its a ghost

      Past Valiant Steeds: 2001 Audi AWE A4, 2004 Infiniti G35

    25. Junior Member Zarar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2012
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      25
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Passat 2.5 SE
      08-15-2012 06:04 PM #95
      How are the Ziza Lowbeam bulbs? Do they produce more light or are they only for show pirposes? Also what bulbs did you use for your DRLs (Any reason you don't use LED bulbs.)?

    26. 08-15-2012 08:52 PM #96
      Hey man gotta give u props when props are due!! U remind me of me I'm coming from a custom bagged brown Nissan cube. So I know a thing or two about air!!! But I'm going VIP static with mine!! I'm on 20's and h&r aprons for now. I was going to go air but decided to go static. But back to u!!! Keep up the good work. I'm glad ur not in Cali lol..

    27. 08-15-2012 09:26 PM #97
      Hey bro I have a question for u??? Would the mk6 gli Coilovers work with are car??? I'm trying to go with raceland altimo Coilovers 3.5 drop all around but of coarse no b7 or b6 applications :/

    28. Member jachong's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2008
      Location
      B'more, MD
      Posts
      1,762
      Vehicles
      '08 B6, '93 Cabby, '84 GLI, '75 Brasilia
      08-15-2012 11:52 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by LowlyDubb3r View Post
      Not too shabby looking
      Waz dat?

    29. Member TDI Brad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2011
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      561
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      08-16-2012 09:54 AM #99
      Looks trim around fog lights
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

    30. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      08-16-2012 09:10 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      is that a phantom or a ghost? i know the new passat is big but the phantom towers over even s classes and is more boxy
      You're right it was a ghost. Big vehicle none the less.

      Quote Originally Posted by Zarar View Post
      How are the Ziza Lowbeam bulbs? Do they produce more light or are they only for show pirposes? Also what bulbs did you use for your DRLs (Any reason you don't use LED bulbs.)?
      They emit a very blue light which is cool looking but it doesn't project well. I have PIAA lowbeams now to match the DRL which project nicely. And I chose to do all PIAA so they would match in color.

      Quote Originally Posted by Vippassat View Post
      Hey man gotta give u props when props are due!! U remind me of me I'm coming from a custom bagged brown Nissan cube. So I know a thing or two about air!!! But I'm going VIP static with mine!! I'm on 20's and h&r aprons for now. I was going to go air but decided to go static. But back to u!!! Keep up the good work. I'm glad ur not in Cali lol..
      Thanks for the compliments. I'm probably going to go for the VIP look as well but for now I am doing 19's because I want to ride lower and easier resale than 20's.

      Quote Originally Posted by Vippassat View Post
      Hey bro I have a question for u??? Would the mk6 gli Coilovers work with are car??? I'm trying to go with raceland altimo Coilovers 3.5 drop all around but of coarse no b7 or b6 applications :/
      So to answer your question, yes mk6 coils will fit the car. The MKV, MKVI, B6 passat, B7 passat suspension is all the same but the spring rates are different. Just out of curiosity, why would you go from possibly doing air to getting racelands? Why don't you get some B&Gs?

      Quote Originally Posted by jachong View Post
      Waz dat?
      Quote Originally Posted by TDI Brad View Post
      Looks trim around fog lights
      ^Jose this.
      It went from

      to this

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      112
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      08-16-2012 09:17 PM #101
      This normally isn't my thing...but DAMN YOUR CAR IS NICE!!! You've done an awesome job!!!

    32. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      09-11-2012 09:19 PM #102
      lips and barrels are here. This is going to be interesting...

    33. Member LowlyDubb3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2008
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      2,527
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat TDI 6spd | 2008 CW GTI-gone
      09-20-2012 09:05 PM #103
      faces done.

    34. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Norway - Harstad
      Posts
      93
      Vehicles
      Red passat wagon`12
      09-21-2012 09:11 AM #104
      i love your car! its sick! wish i had the guts to get air on my wagon..

    35. 09-21-2012 06:52 PM #105
      Beautiful!

    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •