Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: hid help!

Vehicles
      now:'91 vr nugget rado had: '88 vr GLI, '90 jetta coupe, '96 2.slow gti, '04 a4 3.0Q
      03-23-2012 10:43 AM #1
      Ok so I purchased an hid kit for my rado....9004 hi/lo bulb....I got the hid kit that's just one beam 9004...go to install and it won't turn on...stock bulb plug has 3 prongs which I'm assuming are hi. Lo. Ground. The plug on the hid has 2 prongs. Why would it matter if one of them would be missing ...is it wrong of me to assume they should work even if there isn't a 3rd prong? I've tried switching on the highs and lows...and nothing...what gives??
      *DeStItUtE eUrOs*

2. 03-24-2012 08:57 AM #2
      Why do people buy junk like this?

Anyway, yes if you eliminate the high beam you will only have two connections - low beam and ground. Are you sure you have the polarity correct?

Vehicles
      now:'91 vr nugget rado had: '88 vr GLI, '90 jetta coupe, '96 2.slow gti, '04 a4 3.0Q
      03-26-2012 08:00 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by dennisgli View Post
      Why do people buy junk like this?

Anyway, yes if you eliminate the high beam you will only have two connections - low beam and ground. Are you sure you have the polarity correct?
      I bought junk like this because my vision is garbage and at night its even worse so I'd like to be able to see a little better.

Anyway, what in fact is the correct polarity? I've searched and found no info on it for my car. The lights I got are 5k. 55w
      *DeStItUtE eUrOs*

4. 03-27-2012 04:55 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by BlkdOutA4 View Post
      I bought junk like this because my vision is garbage and at night its even worse so I'd like to be able to see a little better.
      And because you have vision problem you are solving that be eliminating your high beams???

Anyway, what in fact is the correct polarity? I've searched and found no info on it for my car. The lights I got are 5k. 55w
      Neither 5K nor 55watt are good things. The correct polarity is + to + and - to - .

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 05:15 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by dennisgli View Post
      And because you have vision problem you are solving that be eliminating your high beams???

Neither 5K nor 55watt are good things. The correct polarity is + to + and - to - .

I bought the wrong bulbs BY ACCIDENT and wanted to know if I could get these to work before I go spend money for the right set. Don't understand why you feel the need to be a diick head about it. I'm not some noob that wants to load his shiit with led strips or ask stupid ass questions about how fast my car will go. It was a simple question that I figured could be asked without ridicule
      *DeStItUtE eUrOs*

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 Sport 1.8T, 1987 GTI VR6
      04-03-2012 12:40 PM #6
      At the expense of other drivers on the road who now can't see because of the glare from your overpowered HIDs in poopy 9004 optics?

Order E-Code Corrado lights and just use stock hallogen bulbs, they will work fine, these rice bulbs you want to put in your car hurt other drivers eyes and will attract the attention of law enforcement, I can see drop-in HIDs from a mile away at night.
      Lucas Quintana
      I'm so e-code that my house is wired for 230V~50Hz and has "Schutzkontakt" outlets.

04-19-2012 01:53 PM #7
      you guys and your hid in reflector arguments crack me up... .. anyways op.. get a tester, find power.. relocate pins in the hid harness and thats it

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 04:42 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyb2580 View Post
      you guys and your hid in reflector arguments crack me up... .. anyways op.. get a tester, find power.. relocate pins in the hid harness and thats it
      Thanks man. We were going to do that but I sold them to a local guy and am just going to buy a set of the right hids haha.
      *DeStItUtE eUrOs*