Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ABA G60 Oil Pressure Values?

Vehicles
      1992 Passat Syncro Wagon, 1987 Fox Wagon (Project)
      03-23-2012 07:08 PM #1
      Hey all, I finally got my ABA running and the oil light blinks at idle. No buzzer, just blinks. I used a friends oil pressure gauge set and got the following numbers:

White sensor (on filter housing) - 70 psi at start, drops to 40-45psi at idle.

Blue sensor (on the head) - 50 psi at start, drops to 14psi at idle.

Does that seem right? I don't have a G60 Bentley.
      Quote Originally Posted by 90quattrocoupe
      I am old enough that I only have to be nice when I want to.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      01 passat v6, 99 mk3 jetta, 01 audi a6 2.7t, 95 gti vr6, 91 corrado, 03 passat v6 glx, 10 gti 2.0t
      03-23-2012 11:46 PM #2
      well if you pull the sensors out they should have, bar rating on them, the one on your oil filter housing should be black and read 1.4 bar - 1.8 bar, the one on the head should be blue and read .25 bar or .3 bar, also did you replace the sensors?, does anything happen when your driving too? light, buzzer ect... i also had the wierdest problem with my g60 itself, the oil light would come on only when it was up to temp and on the high pressure side so over 2100 rpms replaced the sensors and same thing so then i went to the pump and when i dropped the pan i found out that the plastic baffle which these have in the pans to keep the oil around the pickup tube was shattered and blocking the pickup, but if its happening at idle its on the low pressure side so at the head i think if your under 20psi at the filter while up to temp and driving the buzzer and light will go off and if your under 9 at the head the same thing, also when the light comes on or "flickers" is it when the cars cold or warm or both, could be possibly the wiring too hard to say really and what weight oil are you using? Check your pressure its the best p;ace to start, hook up a gauge to both ports and just get your readings when cold at start, idle and driving and then it should drop when its warm but take all those readings when its warm too, i think when its cold its supposed to be around 70-100 psi at the filter housing when cold and drop to about 50 at idle and when warm about 30-40 and on the head side i think like 30 or 40 on start and drop to 25- 20 and then when warm about 14 but dont hold me to that, best bet is to get a gauge on it and get all your reading and then go from there, if your getting the right pressure the sensor could be going or faulty wiring, i know some have faulty clusters to but highly unlikely. hope this helps

Vehicles
      1992 Passat Syncro Wagon, 1987 Fox Wagon (Project)
      04-12-2012 08:13 PM #3
      I'm going to bump this up for some more advice.

What sensors do the ABA G60 guys run? The ABA Sensors or the G60 Sensors?

I have the ABA sensors (White & Blue) in the car and the high pressure one goes off once the motor gets warm and above 2500rpm.

I am only running 10w30 at the moment but it isn't exhibiting the typical low pressure signs like lifter tick.

I haven't run a pressure gauge on the car when it gets warm. It leaked oil badly before and was undriveable when I initially checked the pressure. I am going to put one in tomorrow and see what happens. The car has only been on the road 4 days so I'm still working the bugs out.

I think I'm going to install the gauge and maybe the G60 sensors and see what happens but thought I'd ask and see what others are running.
      Quote Originally Posted by 90quattrocoupe
      I am old enough that I only have to be nice when I want to.