Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS - Jetta Wolfsburg Edition upper and lower grill

1. 03-23-2012 08:14 PM #1
      SOLD

Price: $100 + shipping

I had both the upper and lower part of this grill professionally painted flat black. For the upper portion, they seperated the shield from the frame of the grill. All the parts were scuffed, sprayed with an adhesion promoter, and then painted.

There are two reasons that I am selling this. You have to understand that I can be a bit OCD (obsessive compulsive). The first reason is that I have never been able to get the upper left tab (drivers side) to snap closed. I have tried squeezing it with all my might, and leaving it in the sun to heat up, and squeezing it. It just won't snap. In messing with it, I put a couple of very small chips in the louvres. These are barely noticeable, but like I said I can be OCD. The second is that the sheen on the lower grill came out slightly different than the upper grill. I would venture that 95% of the people, or more, would not even notice the difference. Again, I can be OCD. Both parts are flat black, it's just that the lower portion isn't as flat as the top. They are close enough that in the pictures you cannot see the difference.

I did put the upper portion on my car, for just a few days, while I had a new upper and lower painted (just the way I thought they should be done in the first place). The fact that that darn upper tab will not snap (which started all of my obsessing), actually makes no difference about the fitment. The reason for me posting a second picture, is because the lighting, in the second picture, gives a better sense of how you can't even really see a difference between the two sides.

If I ship the grill, it will be in the original VW box, so it will have plenty of padding.

Last edited by Schnell wie der Blitz; 05-29-2012 at 10:38 PM.

2. 04-02-2012 08:30 PM #2
      Bump for new price.

3. 04-10-2012 02:19 PM #3
      New price bump.

4. 05-02-2012 06:40 PM #4
      The sale that was pending on the grille didn't happen, so the grille is still available.

5. 05-15-2012 06:30 PM #5
      Last price change. If it doesn't go at this price, it goes in the attic.

6. 05-17-2012 12:10 AM #6
      Sale pending. If the sale doesn't happen, I'll let you know.

7. 05-29-2012 10:38 PM #7
      The sale has been finalized. Thanks for the interest everyone.